What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

Many JL-9 delivered to PLAAF
又讯:1月21日中午11点左右起,中航工业贵飞又有多架份山鹰飞机陆续从机场跑道起飞,再次顺利转场交付部队用户。在连续两天的时间里,贵飞公司山鹰转场交付捷报连传,大批量向部队交付了多架份山鹰飞机,强力推进了公司新一年以试飞为龙头、狠抓飞机均衡生产的强劲势头!
MnM4Hly.jpg
D6meNMn.jpg
i1A136s.jpg
KPWjchr.jpg
0tLV5bD.jpg
I38ALE2.jpg

Nice ...

... but are there already any news about the PLAAF's first unit !??
JL-10 mass-production in NanChang city
近日,从媒体公开的画面里可以看出,中航工业洪都生产车间里非常忙碌,L-15/JL-10的生产分段停满了车间。目前猎鹰教练机要同时处理国内和国外两方面的订单,如此高的产量也是满足订单需要
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

NanChang city, the runway of AVIC HongDu Aircraft Manufacturer ... my hometown.

Nice ... Looks like some sort of hand-over celebration or waving good-bye ?! Hopefully finally to an operational unit. But where ?

JL-10 8x at Nanchang HAIG - 20170310.jpg
JL-10 8x at Nanchang HAIG - 20170310 complete.jpg

Many JL-9 delivered to PLAAF
又讯:1月21日中午11点左右起,中航工业贵飞又有多架份山鹰飞机陆续从机场跑道起飞,再次顺利转场交付部队用户。在连续两天的时间里,贵飞公司山鹰转场交付捷报连传,大批量向部队交付了多架份山鹰飞机,强力推进了公司新一年以试飞为龙头、狠抓飞机均衡生产的强劲势头!

Need some help or explanation again !

GAC released some nice of its test flight facility again on 02.Mar.2017. The business seems running very well and many new-build JL-9 and JL-9As were seen. However in the background there were also still some factory fresh-looking JJ-7As seen.

JJ-7A 3825 - Xian FA - 2. TB.jpg
JJ-7A 3823 - Xian FA - 2. TB.jpg
JJ-7A 3823 + 3825 - Xian FA - 2. TB.jpg

The original poster at SDF noted, that GAIG is still making new JJ-7... .

I know it is indeed the same manufactor and factory ... but I thought the JJ-7A is no longer in production since years ! Indeed strange.

Could it be that these are birds for maintenance or MLU?? Or do they specificly mention, that they are new-build ones?

Deino

Need some help or explanation again !

GAC released some nice of its test flight facility again on 02.Mar.2017. The business seems running very well and many new-build JL-9 and JL-9As were seen. However in the background there were also still some factory fresh-looking JJ-7As seen.

View attachment 385491 View attachment 385492 View attachment 385493

The original poster at SDF noted, that GAIG is still making new JJ-7... .

I know it is indeed the same manufactor and factory ... but I thought the JJ-7A is no longer in production since years ! Indeed strange.

Could it be that these are birds for maintenance or MLU?? Or do they specificly mention, that they are new-build ones?

Deino
Indeed that production line was to be closed down after the delivery of BAF's F 7 BGI delivery.

These are most probably late series aircrafts after MLU ed. ( pure assumption in my side)

Yesterday I saw pictures of seemingly factory fresh Q-5 dual seat version posted in this section.

Strange! What's going on? Is there a China version of Air National Guard in making we still don't know of?

Last edited:
Indeed that production line was to be closed down after the delivery of BAF's F 7 BGI delivery.

These are most probably late series aircrafts after MLU ed. (I ain't betting anything on this assumption)

To admit I have the same feeling - even if the line at GAIG is different to the one at CAC - , that these are not factory fresh new birds but MLUed ... overall do we know how many JJ-7s were built and when production ceased at GAIC? and also how many FT-7s were built ?

A quick Googeling delivered:

Over 200 PLA Air Force (JJ-7) built and delivered. Export deliveries to Bangladesh Air Force (eight FT-7B); Myanmar AF (six FT-7); Pakistan AF (15 FT-7P and six FT-7PG); Sri Lanka AF (one FT-7); Zimbabwe AF (two FT-7B).

What else ... Iran had a few ??!!

Last edited:
To admit I have the same feeling - even if the line at GAIG is different to the one at CAC - , that these are not factory fresh new birds but MLUed ... overall do we know
Do you know how many JJ-7s were built and when production ceased at GAIC? and also how many FT-7s were built

A quick Googeling delivered:

Over 200 PLA Air Force (JJ-7) built and delivered. Export deliveries to Bangladesh Air Force (eight FT-7B); Myanmar AF (six FT-7); Pakistan AF (15 FT-7P and six FT-7PG); Sri Lanka AF (one FT-7); Zimbabwe AF (two FT-7B).

What else ... Iran had a few ??!!

GAIC line stopped the production for a long time now. They shifted to Jl 9 development & production. I don't know the timeline.
Reportedly even the CAC line was closed when BAF ordered the F 7 BGI in 2010, they just kept the line open just to churn out these last 16 unit. G Variant was supposed to be the last production model.

Iran has 20 - 36 units of F 7 fighters. Number of FT 7 can vary, I don't know a concrete number.
Other large operators are :-
Egypt - 150 Units delivered. That means 10 SQ of F7 (14x 10 single seat). We can safely assume they had minimum 10 JJ 7 's.

North Korea. They reportedly has some 120 j7 in service.
Sudan, Yemen & Nigeria are other big operators. Nigeria has two FT 7 in service.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom