What's new

Chinese Navy To surpass U.S navy by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quantity but it is the quality that matters.

Probably this analysis is the product of the US congressional supporters of the US Navy. I live in a very heavy Navy state, Virginia. Naval defense spending needs a "threat" to keep the dollars rolling in. I guess China is the only credible threat around for the Navy. Unfortunately for Navy budgets, al Qaeda doesn't have any submarines or aircraft carriers. So, China, as naval threat, will have to do. I hope China does increase its naval forces, IF they would help with anti-piracy and humanitarian relief efforts. Heretofore, China has not projected military power beyond the China Sea. I doubt they now want to go down the resource draining route of the USA and join in policing the world.....

Oh so having 10 carrier groups counts for nothing now.

as well as the entire naval air arm.

United States Navy

Size -332,000 personnel
-280 ships, 3,700 aircraft

There are currently 11 aircraft carriers, 22 cruisers, 56 destroyers, two littoral combat ships, 30 frigates, 10 amphibious assault ships, two amphibious command ships, nine amphibious transport docks, 12 dock landing ships, 53 attack submarines, 14 ballistic missile submarines, four guided missile submarines, 14 mine countermeasures ships, eight patrol boats, and one technical research ship

3a1acaca995cfd50508e8438500594ff.jpg

4666108af39a96e4cba1015d21f80592.jpg

People's Liberation Army Navy

Size 250,000 personnel
58 submarines
77 principal surface combatants
84 amphibious warfare ships
~387 coastal warfare vessels
~31 mine warfare vessels
~370-480 landing craft
~150 auxiliary/support vessels

Total Combat Vessels ~633

What you do with this Info is up to you,
You still believe China has Surpassed the US then that's your prerogative.

P.S-
Hope you can take the pictures as a harmless joke. :Cheers:

Now i know the People on this forum cant take a joke, so i will even the odds right now

b91409979da144bb483bbb85d9efdd86.jpg

Last edited:

as well as the entire naval air arm

firstly the report says that chinese will surpass the U.S navy not China already has

secondly , it's not what i think that matters, it's the view of the U.S. Congressional Research Service

so feel free to impart your judgement :cheers:

firstly the report says that chinese will surpass the U.S navy not China already has

secondly , it's not what i think that matters, it's the view of the U.S. Congressional Research Service

so feel free to impart your judgement :cheers:

I am not here to judge anything for anyone but my self.
How you fell about what i posted is up to you.

But what does thsi article really mean ?

some say
US navy wants more funding, by propping up a new threat that could overshadow even the Soviet Union.

Some say
the article is totally true, but the US navy is more interested in Inducting the new rail-gun systems as fast as they can.
Thus gaining an immense technological edge.

All we know is
China will have a Blue water navy.

:agree:

PS- :lol: to those who get the inside joke.

Not quantity but it is the quality that matters.

The quality is improving fast as the latest ships are equiped with some of the best techs, and the craftmanship has become a lot better. I am confident that we can match U.S quality in about 10 years.

I am not here to judge anything for anyone but my self.
How you fell about what i posted is up to you.

But what does thsi article really mean ?

some say
US navy wants more funding, by propping up a new threat that could overshadow even the Soviet Union.

Some say
the article is totally true, but the US navy is more interested in Inducting the new rail-gun systems as fast as they can.
Thus gaining an immense technological edge.

All we know is
China will have a Blue water navy.

:agree:

PS- :lol: to those who get the inside joke.

China already has a blue water navy because we are capable of long distance deployment. The only thing we don't have is a number of carrier fleets, and this hole will be filled soon.

The rail gun tech is not a cutting edge thing. It is just a cheap and effective defensive measure against aircrafts. The best improvement you can do is to computerize the trajectory, improve the firing rate, etc. It is not like you can make every round a smart missile.

as well as the entire naval air arm.

P.S-
Hope you can take the pictures as a harmless joke. :Cheers:

Now i know the People on this forum cant take a joke, so i will even the odds right now

still the US has to defeat the taliban and insurgancy in Iraq both have fail. Guess their navy is a failure US is a failure, Captilasim+ Democracy don't work. Reality has spoken. Get a reality check Yankees.

i think the chinese navy is still in a state of progress.....2015 seems too soon for them to surpass the us navy.....the numbers in fleet are not the only thing that matters but what matters is the technology and advance equipment which america has the best in the world......

The quality is improving fast as the latest ships are equiped with some of the best techs, and the craftmanship has become a lot better. I am confident that we can match U.S quality in about 10 years.

With due respect iI disagree with your statement..Every body knows that China is improving its technological capabilities but you tends to forget that so is US..Its a well known fact that when it came to Military Technology US is the 'Trend Setter' and rest of the nations are just shamelessly following it..I think this will continue for the next 25-30 years minimum..So no way I don't think China will catch up with Us in next 10 years in US quality

You will have to consider that most of the Chinese Subs are second or third generation ones and no way they can match against US ones..If you consider the battle worthy ships of Chinese Navy I don't think its gonna match US in quality nor quantity..

I see some here take great pride in a few PLAN ships that have made sight-seeing tours to the east coast of Africa.

I'd humbly surmise that deploying is only the beginning. Can you sustain a deployment, thus sustain a PRESENCE and dominate the waters around you once you do so?

This is no easy task and will require that the PRC begin dumping its treasury into arenas heretofore not commonly a cost factor. Secondly, there's a fan-boy tendency to discount that other players will be involved-at least two with long maritime traditions (Japan and America) and one (India) possessing its own ambitions.

One only needs to look at the great expense and long lead-times entailed by the Soviet Navy to BEGIN approaching a direct challenge to the USN to understand the number of technical, operational, and geo-strategic impediments now existing (much less those that will arise on the PRC's horizon) to appreciate that Chinese naval ascendency shall not occur overnight.

Indeed, neither anytime in the near future.

Meanwhile, as truthseeker implies, there are many who appreciate the myriad functions the USN performs on behalf of the free world, global trade, and America. They aren't asleep and the emerging threat will unquestionably provide impetus to assure American naval competitiveness.

We welcome PLAN ambitions. It will sharpen our focus and give us something more to think about than neutralizing somali war junks and Iranian diesel slop-buckets.

To Surpass China will need to build :

8+ Nimitz Class or better Carriers
Develop and Build Ohio Clas Subs
Develop Tech and Build something better than Los Angeles Class Subs

Building ONE Nuclear AC , With known Tech carrier Takes 3-5 Years by USN, So 10 Years is Quite Optimistic Forcast, Add to it That You Must have All blueprints Ready from Day 1.

China has the Best navy in Asia.
But to Surpass US they still need to travel a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom