What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Full story: DefenceDog: Chinese Aircraft Carrier: The History Of Discovery And Development Prospects

The author discusses the shortcoming of China ability to construct a full-fledge carrier WITHOUT the technical support of Russians. It also hints that Chinese are quiet capable engineering people but in certain areas Russian collaboration must be addressed. Along with carrier what other machines China navy needs ( for Global reach_) is also discussed

It is well known that Ukraine experts help us to build aircraft carrier.not russian

You still don't get it? This carrier was originally Ukrainian, it has nothing to do with Russian.

We don't even use the Ukrainian steam turbines for Varyag, what do you expect there is anymore Russian inputs for Varyag?

sir I think the author isn't saying what China is using & what not. It simply implies that by Russian collaboration (which has besides US the only country with much experience regarding carriers) money, resources & time will be saved.
This approach of carrier construction will not help Chinese technology enhancement much. But, in our opinion, the involvement of Russian military hardware technologies for the restoration of "Varyag" will significantly save time and money.
I don't know why Chinese have some itching towards Russians...but I feel that with regards to ASIA POWER China & Russia must collaborate instead of back-biting each other. No doubt about it that author goes on to say that Chinese antiship missiles as well as the would-be naval aircrafts will base on Russian technology ...& he is right. & there is nothing that Chinese shouldn't be proud of.
China helped us immensely in aviation & what not but it don't hurt our ego & same must go with Chinese that by acquiring Russian technical support you shouldn't feel somewhat downgraded!!

I don't know why Chinese have some itching towards Russians...but I feel that with regards to ASIA POWER China & Russia must collaborate instead of back-biting each other. No doubt about it that author goes on to say that Chinese antiship missiles as well as the would-be naval aircrafts will base on Russian technology ...& he is right. & there is nothing that Chinese shouldn't be proud of.
China helped us immensely in aviation & what not but it don't hurt our ego & same must go with Chinese that by acquiring Russian technical support you shouldn't feel somewhat downgraded!!

The fact that we don't need the Russian technology, if you keep insisting the opposite fact, then i cannot help.

PLAN also has the plan to build the Gerald Ford class equivalent supercarrier. Do you think Russians can help us on this?

Naval exercise involving multiple type 022 FACs

203_43736_164132.jpg

Does anyone have any information on the following:

- Type 052D destroyer
- Type 051D destroyer

- Type 054B frigate

- Type 095 SSN
- Type 096 SSN

Does anyone have any information on the following:

- Type 052D destroyer
- Type 051D destroyer

- Type 054B frigate

- Type 095 SSN
- Type 096 SSN

Ask to Peishens of the CD forum, he has more information about the PLAN than most people.

And Type 096 is a SSBN.

The fact that we don't need the Russian technology, if you keep insisting the opposite fact, then i cannot help.

PLAN also has the plan to build the Gerald Ford class equivalent supercarrier. Do you think Russians can help us on this?

Sure you need; there occurs ample proof that You heeded Russian help. All I am saying is that China & Russia must collaborate in military technology especially after you have taken a good step in forming BRIC

Sure you need; there occurs ample proof that You heeded Russian help. All I am saying is that China & Russia must collaborate in military technology especially after you have taken a good step in forming BRIC

Unless Russia can provide US level of technology, otherwise we don't need their Soviet grandpa technology.

And name me what kind of Russian technology we need?

Unless Russia can provide US level of technology, otherwise we don't need their Soviet grandpa technology.

And name me what kind of Russian technology we need?

The bold part is just ridiculous...
The most effective SAMs...The most Effective antiship missiles...The most effective ICBM...The most effective space rockets...do you want me to go on.
Listen first & foremost you must acknowledge that the only country that can beat US TECHNICALLY isn't UK isn't France...damn it isn't EU...it isn't China...its Russia & they know it well

The bold part is just ridiculous...
The most effective SAMs...The most Effective antiship missiles...The most effective ICBM...The most effective space rockets...do you want me to go on.
Listen first & foremost you must acknowledge that the only country that can beat US TECHNICALLY isn't UK isn't France...damn it isn't EU...it isn't China...its Russia & they know it well

This means you know nothing about China, then it is a waste of time to debate with you.

Personally I don't believe that we can collaborate like they do with India. The reason being is we are both big on arms exports. We will maintain a strong healthy diplomatical and political relationship. We will continue to enjoy a buyer-seller relationship, but not to the point where we will feel comfortable with exchanging experience in the fileds of military technology.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom