Chinese military will train Syrian troops
fb_icon.png

twitter_icon.jpg

SHARES: 100
VIEW COMMENTS
@inquirerdotnet
Agence France-Presse
07:54 PM August 25th, 2016

Members of a Chinese military honor guard prepare before taking part in a welcome ceremony for Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras outside the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on July 4. AFP

BEIJING—China’s military will provide training for Syrian armed forces, a spokesperson for Beijing’s defense ministry said on Thursday, adding it would take place on Chinese soil.

Beijing is a longstanding backer of the Syrian government of Bashar al-Assad, which has engaged in a bloody war that has left more than 290,000 people dead and displaced millions since it began in 2011 with the brutal repression of antigovernment demonstrations.

Last week senior Chinese military official Guan Youfei met with Syria’s defense minister in Damascus and said he wanted closer military ties with the Syrian government, state media reported.

]
“The Chinese military will provide the Syrian side with medical and nursing professional training,” defense ministry spokesperson Wu Qian told reporters at a monthly briefing.

The training would take place in China, he added, and was intended “to ease the humanitarian crisis in Syria.”

The Chinese military has already provided Syrian authorities with medical equipment and medicines “to help reduce the humanitarian suffering of the Syrian people,” Wu said.

“For a long period of time, China and Syria have helped each other. And China has been pushing for a political solution of the Syrian conflict and we have always supported the independence of Syria,” he added.

As well as supporting Assad’s government, Beijing is close to Moscow, which has carried out strikes on rebel-held areas of Aleppo, as have Assad’s forces.

After Guan’s visit to Damascus, China’s state broadcaster questioned the authenticity of a harrowing video showing a stunned-looking four-year-old boy covered in blood and dust after an air strike in Aleppo, alleging it may have been faked as part of a Western “propaganda war.”

The footage brought worldwide attention to the plight of children in the bloody siege of the city, and sparked diplomatic disagreement, as Russia denied carrying out the attack, and Chinese media said the group that shot the video had links to the British military.

Read more:http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/809837/chinese-military-will-train-syrian-troops#ixzz4IN7TDfyb
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter |inquirerdotnet on Facebook

China will provide Syria with new weapons, that's why the training about the knowhow of the Chinese weapons also needs to be provided at the same time.
thank you for the information brother, its great to share this info. I do know the Syrian army has Type 56 assault rifles and Type 80 LMG

thank you for the information brother, its great to share this info. I do know the Syrian army has Type 56 assault rifles and Type 80 LMG

This time China will probably provide the predatory drones to Syria, since it has a very good record against ISIS in Iraq.

There are bunch of videos on YouTube to prove that.

This time China will probably provide the predatory drones to Syria, since it has a very good record against ISIS in Iraq.

I have seen some, I wont lie i hope to see those in service conducting airstrikes. a bit off topic (i apologize) I have seen Syrian government forces with the desert uniform we have.

I have seen some, I wont lie i hope to see those in service conducting airstrikes. a bit off topic (i apologize) I have seen Syrian government forces with the desert uniform we have.

I know you mean to deploy the ground troops against those terrorists.

But to enact this plan, I think China needs to reach the consensus with Russia about the exact plan and moment to strike. Since this is a proxy war, it is not only to beat those terrorists, but also the mastermind behind them.

Would be really useful considering Syrian government has to use a lot of resources to keep their jets flying. A drone can kill the terrorist leaders without risking lives, I am pretty sure the data from these operations in Middle East will be collected for future UCAV development in China. The region could be a good testing ground for Chinese weapons.

I am sure elite Chinese forces will be send to take part in action against ISIS.

US also claimed send trainer to help FSA but from large number of sources, their navy seal or delta forces are involved in actual fighting or at least directing FSA in actual battlefield.

i am confused ,Is China going to train Syrian troops or Syrian medical staff.
Wont helping Syria militarly affect its relations with other countries who are fighting Syrian govt,like turkey,ksa and even on this form you can see posters specially Pkaistanies fuming when talking about Assad.
Personally I feel helping Syrian govt is the right choice,people who are opposing Assad has no business to decide what Syrian people want.

i am confused ,Is China going to train Syrian troops or Syrian medical staff.
Wont helping Syria militarly affect its relations with other countries who are fighting Syrian govt,like turkey,ksa and even on this form you can see posters specially Pkaistanies fuming when talking about Assad.
Personally I feel helping Syrian govt is the right choice,people who are opposing Assad has no business to decide what Syrian people want.
Isn't turkey just launch a massive operation against ISIS? Assad is the only one in Syria fighting ISIS. Pakistanis fume more when talk abt ISIS. KSA, as if they got a big influence on China. China is not US and China import more oil from Russia and Venezuela.

It's over 40 years from the last time that China give military aid, provide military advisors and training a foreign military in massive scale.
I'm talking about Khmer Rouge sponsored by China.

Put this fact to any future plan, please. Don't put weapons into crazy guys' arms Like Pol Pot, Kim Jong Un ...
Yes, China shouldn't have trained and supply large number of weapon to North Vietnam (VCP). :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom