What's new

'Chinese-looking' student death sparks protests in India

@Chinese-Dragon so can u guys tell apart chinese,koreans and japanese?
or are they like us indians and pakistanis??

Honestly I find it hard to tell the difference between East Asian people by looks alone.

We usually go by the way they speak and the way they dress. :tup:

Though when I see an East Asian person in Hong Kong, I almost 100% of the time just assume they are Chinese, and start talking to them in Chinese. Which sometimes ends up in embarassment for me. :P

@Armstrong: Here is a link from UNESCO that might help your previous question:

China | Education | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

Bro you never seen any of the Batman trilogy? :o:

Nope. My parents are kinda strict. Only allowed to watch Bollywood tamasha if I want to watch movies

I can tell Indians & Pakistanis apart quite well enough ! :)

Me too. The Pakistanis are usually being chased by the police hence easily recognisable :rofl:

Honestly I find it hard to tell the difference between East Asian people by looks alone.

We usually go by the way they speak and the way they dress. :tup:

Though when I see an East Asian person in Hong Kong, I almost 100% of the time just assume they are Chinese, and start talking to them in Chinese. Which sometimes ends up in embarassment for me. :P

@Armstrong: Here is a link from UNESCO that might help your previous question:

China | Education | United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

They links are in Chinese ! :lol:

Nope. My parents are kinda strict. Only allowed to watch Bollywood tamasha if I want to watch movies

My father was like that too he never used to let my siblings and I watch American shows or movies only Pakistani shows and Indian movies. :lol:

@Chinese-Dragon so can u guys tell apart chinese,koreans and japanese?
or are they like us indians and pakistanis??

It is very easy to tell the difference between Chinese and Koreans. Koreans have a flat, wide face. Kim Jong-un has a stereotypical Korean face in the eyes of Chinese people. Vietnamese have bone facial structures like Ho Chi Minh, its especially pronounced on his face. Japanese look like weird version of Koreans.

kimjongun_vert-17656b658f19f87081f7480c13e6decc827decdc-s6-c30.jpg

I was hoping you wouldn't notice. :P

Anyway, your qualifications should be fine in China, I wouldn't worry too much about it. :tup:

I might be coming to China this summer as part of an international scholar delegation. The cities on the list are Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, and Hong Kong. :D

Ugh, you are a scholar? That's not really what I expected. :no:

A student scholar yeah why is it so hard to believe? :woot: It is part of a national honor society I am a member of, they pass forward stuff like this to me because I put international relations as an interest lol.

My father was like that too he never used to let my siblings and I watch American shows or movies only Pakistani shows and Indian movies. :lol:

South Asians generally can't watch Hollywood movies sitting with entire family. :jester:

Dude can you check somethings out for me there in China ?

What is it? I haven't accepted yet, I have until the end of march deadline but if I do and I have free time while I am there I will try to. I have seen the itinerary of what we will be doing so idk if they will let us go out and about on our own lol.

South Asians generally can't watch Hollywood movies sitting with entire family. :jester:

The most awkward part is if a sex scene comes up and your mother is sitting not to far from you. :rofl: After that one time I never watch a movie while my mom is around. :rofl:

What is it? I haven't accepted yet, I have until the end of march deadline but if I do and I have free time while I am there I will try to. I have seen the itinerary of what we will be doing so idk if they will let us go out and about on our own lol.

Ask 4 things for me :

(i) Is ACCA accepted there ?

(ii) Is the CFA accepted there ?

(iii) Are there any English-to-Chinese classes for Non Speakers there ?

(iv) Is the local job market welcoming of foreigners ?

Thanks Mamba ! :)

@Chinese-Dragon can I you please ask around those things too ! :)

Ask 4 things for me :

(i) Is ACCA accepted there ?

(ii) Is the CFA accepted there ?

(iii) Are there any English-to-Chinese classes for Non Speakers there ?

(iv) Is the local job market welcoming of foreigners ?

Thanks Mamba ! :)

@Chinese-Dragon can I you please ask around those things too ! :)

I will be in the embassy of China I can probably just ask around there. Bro the Chinese job market is expanding I am 100% sure there is classes for English speakers to learn Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom