TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Chinese life expectancy to hit 77 by 2020
Xinhua, December 24, 2016

d02788e9b6de19c81c4103.jpg

The table shows the life expectancy of Chinese people over the past six decades. [Photo: CRIENGLISH.com]

The average life expectancy for Chinese will reach 77 years by 2020, one year more than the figure in 2015, the health authority announced Friday.

While introducing a health development plan for the 13th Five-Year Plan period (2016-2020) at a press conference, Ma Xiaowei, deputy head of the National Health and Family Planning Commission, said a national medical and health system that covers both urban and rural residents will be formed by 2020.

To support the two-child policy, China will have 89,000 more maternity beds as well as 140,000 more obstetricians and midwives by 2020, Ma said.

Meanwhile, the country will establish a standardized medical test system for identifying partly disabled and disabled seniors, and provide targeted medical services based on the test results, said Ma.

Ma also promised better health services at local hospitals to address the needs of home-based and community-based eldercare.

@grey boy 2 , @beijingwalker , @AndrewJin , @long_

Good governance.

I am kind of shock to read american has one of the worst healthy life expectancy among developed countries if they still claim they are in a developed country.

Their health is fine, most problems are self induced, especially from over eating junk foods.

Its just a matter of decision for them and the individuals there. To be healthy or not to be. Health care there is crazy expensive though.

Their health is fine, most problems are self induced, especially from over eating junk foods.

Its just a matter of decision for them and the individuals there. To be healthy or not to be. Health care there is crazy expensive though.

Health care is one of the reasons (of many) why their GDP is so high and heavily tilted towards the services.

Murican fast food, alcohol and drugs, you tell me.

The life expectancy varies significantly by ethnic demographics. For instance black men are around 72 and Hispanic women are 84 (which is better than 79.5 in Mexico)

Last edited:
Black men vs Hispanic women is skewed since we know women live longer then men in all demographics. Would be more objective if black men vs women, hsipanic men vs women.

I'm just showing the US numbers are different across ethnic groups.
Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 10.17.18 PM.jpg

2013-2014 78.8
Also if you want to use just white Americans then yes the average happens to still be 78.8 with a 50/50 split.

As of 2016 it is now up to 79.3. (81.6 women, 76.9 men) I don't have the breakdowns.

Last edited:
I'm just showing the US numbers can be skewed due to different ranges in ethnic groups.

Any country with diverse demo the number can be skewed. That said, blacks only make up 10-12%, won't impact overall American life expectancy that much.

Back
Top Bottom