What's new

Chinese Foreign Affairs News & Discussions

There can only be one Super Power and right now its US and it will remain to be in the near future.But if China and India wats a piece its god to work togather rather then against each other. but that wont happen like i said only one superpower

China and India to me are still relitivy poor.

Firstly, I have to clarify that my words only represent my personal view, which is neither in consistence with the public view of common chinese, nor with the official view. If I say : 'we```', it only means that 'I assume we````'.

So the first thing we want is leadership in Aisa, or better, leadership of aisa-africa. Can india abide that? If you can, we could form a US-canada relationship----assuming the potential of india, I think you would not agree.

Secondly, for our influence in SE,NE asia and our own energy security, the control over India occean and Southern china sea is essential for China. The basest level should be our own safe passage through the Malacca , the highest level should be the ability of denial to all other passage through the Occean if we dictated it so----Does not mean that we will ever do it, Just like the US, it is not about what you do, but what you can do.

Once that was achieved, NE nation, like Japan, korea will fall to our camp lilke the apple in autumn.

The first two points is a little bit too far away, but where is our confliction of interests now?

Lets we imaging every country has a globle of influence and a globle of interests. our globle of interests has reached far far to every corner in the world. The most important points is: 1 NE aisa, 2 MEest, 3 africa 4 N america 5 EU. But now our globle of influence are locked inside the NE by US and cannot go further away from our border. And no one outside our influence globle would dare to join us because US has every possible leverage to dictate them--from aid to embargo to invasion. So when the ultimate confliction between us and US came, they will certainly fall to their camp whether they like it or not.

NE, ME EU, NA all are the strongest fortress of US which we cannot take by conventional means. But for NE and ME, there is SE and SA, which has always been chaotic and weak in US influence and that is where we can take. SE asia and S asia connects the world energy pool to the world factory, everyone with the sanity would understand that dominance over these two area would neutralize the US dominance over NE and ME.

So, where is my point?

My point is: can india abide our dominance of south east aisa?
can india share the dominance of india occean with us?
can we trust india as the greater share holder of india occean?
can india trust us as the greater share holder of SE aisa?
can we cooperate to jam US out of these two area?

If we can, then we can be allies, and there can be two leaders in Aisa. But for now, I don t think you would agree, for china now is not yet strong enough to back our deal or threat. :china:

Expect push back, the Indian Ocean is far too important for anyone to accept Chinese dominion. Besides, you will face significant challenges even in South East Asia with US,Japan, Australia, Russia,India and S. Korea. I suspect substantial Chinese military presence is always needed closer to Tiananmen Square to keep Mr Jintao and his buddies company leaving fewer military personnel for force projection or protracted conflict.

why not tell all truth?India has military ties with US and USSR,how could poor Pakistan do?it is your Indians pressured Pakistan become ally of China.

Myanmar become ally of China because US pressure,you know Myanmar had to move the capitol for fear of US attack,so,how could poor Myanmar do when facing powerful US?why not make friend with China?

Where there is oppression,there is resistance.it's unfair that India ties with US and USSR,while blame Pak make friend with China.

Its gd if we read response in cntxt....

I am not against China ties with other countries...read my post...i was only replying whether china take india as threat or not...this all is gr8 geo-politcal game going on....its like pre-cold war era...

tx

Expect push back, the Indian Ocean is far too important for anyone to accept Chinese dominion. Besides, you will face significant challenges even in South East Asia with US,Japan, Australia, Russia,India and S. Korea. I suspect substantial Chinese military presence is always needed closer to Tiananmen Square to keep Mr Jintao and his buddies company leaving fewer military personnel for force projection or protracted conflict.

we are not expecting push back, we are currently facing push back, now.

However, because of geo-political reasons, the US influence in these area is not --invincible. And I see many flaws and crackes in these two areas, where we can ram one or two wedges into.

As the balancing of power shifts in these decades, China would gradually gain a upper hand in this push and shove game for geographic reason(if things goes well). Then it would trigger a domino offect sooner or later, as china rise to the top.

If things do not go well for china, sooner or later some other country would follow suit.

China helps other Asian countries. India threatens other Asian countries. China and Japan also help each other, it wont be in Japan's interst to turn their backs on China. Japan has always been focused on their economy and good relations with China has always helped Japan's economy.

If the eldest brother (China) helps his younger brothers (smaller Asian countries), and the middle child (India) always threatens the younger brothers, whose side will the younger brothers take?

:welcome: to the Indian Ocean China :china:

China helps other Asian countries. India threatens other Asian countries. China and Japan also help each other, it wont be in Japan's interst to turn their backs on China. Japan has always been focused on their economy and good relations with China has always helped Japan's economy.

If the eldest brother (China) helps his younger brothers (smaller Asian countries), and the middle child (India) always threatens the younger brothers, whose side will the younger brothers take?

Well Japan's PM still goes yearly to pay respect to Soldiers died in WWII....and this pisses china off to no end....so much for the Japan trying for good relation...

And there is far greater scare of Japanies atrocity on Chinese citizen which cann't be healed easily

For China helping brothers...tell that to Taiwan...

tx

Well Japan's PM still goes yearly to pay respect to Soldiers died in WWII....and this pisses china off to no end....so much for the Japan trying for good relation...

And there is far greater scare of Japanies atrocity on Chinese citizen which cann't be healed easily

For China helping brothers...tell that to Taiwan...

tx

I wish there was a Japanese member in this forum to prove you wrong. Chinese and Japanese work well each other, they support each other's economies, they focus a lot on economy. If China shuts down exports into Japan, then Japan will suffer. They have done well working with each other and ill-feelings from the past are not that relevant today the past will not hurt their relationship. Japanese and Chinese are much more smarter than Indians and Pakistanis, they know if they work with each other that will only benefit their countries.

Omar I am not questioning Chinese character just raising doubts on whether the world will allow China to control the Indian Ocean.

Omar I am not questioning Chinese character just raising doubts on whether the world will allow China to control the Indian Ocean.

Countries like India and U.S. may have a problem with it, but a good majority of countries in that region will definately support China because China has always supported the majority of countries in that region.

Anyways, we all know no one can order China around especially today when the world is going through a recession.

India just a pitty slave of America, If China keep the development pace. India , Japan,
not to mention America all will be kicked to the Mars.

But China also have lots of problems .

I am an advocate of India- China friendship. But I also feel that it is not possible in near future, unless China reviews its anti-India policy. China intends to be a regional super power by holding India down. The day Chinese politicians understand that both India & China can be superpowers, it will be a golden day.

The premise is that India do not want to occupate other countries's land
(include Sikkim, South Tibet and Kashmir)

Last edited:
It will be wise decision for China, not to trust the fake smiling friendship face of India. China must not forget the 1962 betrayal by India which is still providing shelter to Dalai Lama. If China again does the same mistake by relying on India's false good posture, never will China have the chance to rise again. US has depended on India and US will one day lament for that. China must continue considering India as an enemy, if China needs to survive.

Countries like India and U.S. may have a problem with it, but a good majority of countries in that region will definately support China because China has always supported the majority of countries in that region.

Anyways, we all know no one can order China around especially today when the world is going through a recession.

The question of accepting Chinese writ over Asia has nothing to do with relations. Pakistan has excellent relations with China – but will Pakistan allow Chinese interest to supersede its own? I think the answer is no..

A bit off topic, but have Pakistan ever considered Chinese assistance in the fight against the Taliban?

The question of accepting Chinese writ over Asia has nothing to do with relations. Pakistan has excellent relations with China – but will Pakistan allow Chinese interest to supersede its own? I think the answer is no..

A bit off topic, but have Pakistan ever considered Chinese assistance in the fight against the Taliban?

Sure every nation looks after its own interst first but no nation forgets its relations with other nations. I think it'll be in Pakistan's best interst to have China's prescence in the Indian Ocean.

As for Taliban, China never interferes in Pakistan's personal business. Taliban is a very complicated issue and its an entirely different topic...I have a lot to say about it but I rather not derail this thread.

I just want to add one more thing US shouldn't see China as a threat. China maybe a communist country but it doesn't like to interfere in other countries' personal business. Look at Pakistan, even though China is Pakistan's closest ally Pakistan is the total opposite of communism and China is fine with that.

Last edited:
China must continue considering India as an enemy, if China needs to survive.

India shall do the same and should consider China as a threat. India should develop excellent military relationships with US, Japan and South Korea to counter Chinese aggresion. India is on it's way to develop blue water navy and formidable Air Force.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom