What's new

Chinese diplomat and Rauf Klasra in bitter tweeting match over CPEC

Hey don't start calling everyone idiot.. perhaps you should act upon your suggestion yourself. Rauf Klasra is one of the best journalists in Pakistan and a very patriotic person... and I totally side with Rauf Klasra, coal is being closed everywhere in the world including China. and China itself installing huge wind farm and has the largest world's largest wind power installed capacity leaving USA behind in dust, similarly China is investing in solar, nuclear and hydroelectric power generations...furthermore. China is not a role model for environmental planning as most of its major cities suffer with extreme polluted atmosphere and recently we had smog covering Lahore and areas of Punjab for a few weeks, now double the concentration and perpetuate that to get the glimpse of air in some of the major cities in China. ....
Pak and China are doing cooperation on equality basis and Pakistan should not be selling its autonomy to any country...CPEC is a profitable deal both for Pakistan and especially for China thus Pakistanis should keep that in mind and do not let any country to dump its old and obsolete junk into Pakistan. I totally support Rauf Klasra..
Bro im Electrical Engineer with 3 years of experience in Network Protection in K-Electric. Got friends all around worlds. Im telling u just to tell u authenticity of my credentials. Anywys, when last time u have seen me saying idiot to anyone?
Bro, it is true coal plants are being closed BUT after reaping all benefits from coal and highest base generation. We need electricity! Currently we are burning fossils, we can close them and burn coal!!
Yes renewable is best option BUT AGAIN who is willing to install renewable? Tell ur 'best journalist' to bring an investor for just $1M? My point, get whatever u can get and whatever is available. We are begger and thus cant chose.
Further going technical again, an average life of coal based plant is around 30 years. So untill 2047 there still will be many coal based plants operational around world.
This journalist dont know L of electricity production and took some google reports and started criticizing cpec lolx
If he is a good journalist, why dont he speak on fact? Why dont he search https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_China#Coal
for current coal based projects in china? Is he fool enough not to generate all in renewable lol?

Sorry my post maybe disoriented but if u are an intelligent person, you can google urself the facts. Summary when a journalist try to bcm a he-know-everything type character in fields they know L, i hate them!!

Klasra and other are whining bcoz of secrecy, why dont they publish the feature of plant, number of local and Chinese workers and critical tech they are using? if China can make documentaries on projects in Pakistan why cant we do for our people? why dont they provide contract of orange line to court? why they are making regulators like NEPRA, PEPRA defunct? do they want to control tariff for Chinese plants?

people have some genuine questions which govt should answer before their secret decision come to haunt us..

btw China is not bound to answer anyone here,.. its Govt. of Pakistan whom Klasra should ask all these questions.

Pakistani nation at large is mentally sick and the anchors represent that sickness..we are happy to live in daily blood shed, violence, extortion, crime..but any development becomes a hot pot of conspiracy..

Bro, it is true coal plants are being closed BUT after reaping all benefits from coal and highest base generation. We need electricity! Currently we are burning fossils, we can close them and burn coal!!
Yes renewable is best option BUT AGAIN who is willing to install renewable? Tell ur 'best journalist' to bring an investor for just $1M? My point, get whatever u can get and whatever is available. We are begger and thus cant chose.

Burn coal to set up a renewable industry and then replace coal with renewable manufactured locally..using local raw materials, local man power and local economy..is that too hard for average Pakistani common sense then we as a nation are a retarded bunch..!

I lived in Sahiwal and my home city. The plant is some 30 KMs away from population area and is not getting operational until environmental analysis a normal procedure. Plus area has high density of trees and in perfect area where it should be. and whole sahiwal is full of trees and greenery. so pollution can be countered well by putting more trees. Plus 500 KV grid station is also closer to that power plant with main transmission lines where I worked. therefore it is perfect choice at the moment to overcome shortfalls of electricity. please see the costs of grid stations, transmition line. if u want to install wind mills its quite expensive in current scenario because we need to install new transmition line with grid stations to synchronize it with national Grid this will definitely go in billions. plus with some draw backs that we cannot control them if we donot have air in some seasons as I see a lot of them standing still in Germany from last 8 months............... so if someone do not have technical background one must remain quite on national interest matters.

one thing should be kept in mind that one coal based power plant is not going to ruin whole Pakistan. commenting on these issues without technical back ground is a big torture to the people and listeners as well.

Last edited:
Such journalist just say beautiful words but won't do real hard work.

Developing country is not as easy as writing stories.
For example, if he really care about clean energy, he should give a clear solution, not just say that s important.

Money will come from China & go back to China..
There is not even a single contractor lending money from Bank of China or Asia,this all is hype,if 46 billion dollar is an investment then value of rupee would have been lifted a lot.
Exactly..and in this case...Chinese owe us nothing..we took the loan..and we build it...CPEC is not exclusive to China..
If it fails,we will be bogged down,china will simply walk away,and it is bound to fail because all I see is hype and blind patriotism and filty bastard rulers from whom I expect nothing good for that nation.

Bro im Electrical Engineer with 3 years of experience in Network Protection in K-Electric. Got friends all around worlds. Im telling u just to tell u authenticity of my credentials. Anywys, when last time u have seen me saying idiot to anyone?
Good to know and good for you. It should be an awesome experience to talk to you sir without any puns.

We need electricity but renewables (hydroelectric + wind + solar + nuclear) should be more than sufficient for all the needs of Pakistan. Just find out how much is the demand, and how much is the combined potential of these resources.

Please don't use the word "we are beggar" for the whole nation, a farmer who wakes up before dawn, ploughs his fields and seeds them. waters them,...and sheds his sweat and blood, he is not a beggar, there are a lot of Pakistanis who are self made and earn respectable living..and they can earn their livelihood in any part of the world and I'm one of them..living in USA and earning enough to be included in the top percentile for income for their/my host country.

Beggars are your rulers and blood sucking elite that thrives on corruption that includes your bureaucracy, politicians and judges who if leave Pakistan cannot earn their living except for the robbed booty and I don't want myself to be associated with these low lives.

I am against coal power production, in general and especially for Pakistan, since we already have very little vegetation and forest cover, rain is becoming scarce and huge clouds of VOCs and green house gases looming over our highly dense cities mean Pakistanis sign their own death warrants especially when the health facilities are inadequate and people are general not very healthy.

As far as, Rauf Klasra is concerned, he is a journalist and asking teasing question is his job. Of course he is not an expert in energy systems so he may not be going with all the facts but I would expect from his interviewee or subject to answer with facts instead of resorting to personal attacks.

Last edited:
Such journalist just say beautiful words but won't do real hard work.

Developing country is not as easy as writing stories.
For example, if he really care about clean energy, he should give a clear solution, not just say that s important.

Don't worry brother don't take his words seriously...his paymasters in Washington don't want to see CPEC successful. China actually is investing in a wide range of projects from solar, wind, coal and hydro...so this cockroach of a journalists needs to read facts. When the time is right these types of people won't exists in Pakistan.

Good to know and good for you. It should be an awesome experience in talking to you sir without any puns.

We need electricity but renewables (hydroelectric + wind + solar + nuclear) should be more than sufficient for all the needs of Pakistan. Just find out how much is the demand, and how much is the combined potential of these resources.

Maybe the journalists should do more research before making himself look like a fool. Dawood Wind Project is being financed by ICBC. The Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park in Bahawalpur is currently being constructed by Zonergy and will be the largest solar project in Asia. China is also building the Karot Dam project and the CM of KPK did recently state that the Chinese will invest in another hydroelectric project. Furthermore, China is also building a nuclear power plant Chasma for us which should be completed by 2030. But this low grade journalists is complaining about one coal project near Port Qasim.

Do you know how long it takes to build a hydroelectric project? Bhasha Diamer, Bunji Dam and Kalabagh Dam will take a minimum of 10 years to complete if they were to start today. How will we get companies to invest in these projects when they have a history of becoming controversial in Pakistan? Every year Pakistan's energy demand is increasing...even these projects in CPEC will not be enough to meet the demand. Companies are not going to move into Pakistan if there is no electricity.

China is the largest coal producer as well as user in the world!What‘s the fuse about it?The guy uses free media blabla as arguements to attack China and he sounds more like an Indian media guru.
Indian media reject

Don't worry brother don't take his words seriously...his paymasters in Washington don't want to see CPEC successful. China actually is investing in a wide range of projects from solar, wind, coal and hydro...so this cockroach of a journalists needs to read facts. When the time is right these types of people won't exists in Pakistan.

Maybe the journalists should do more research before making himself look like a fool. Dawood Wind Project is being financed by ICBC. The Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park in Bahawalpur is currently being constructed by Zonergy and will be the largest solar project in Asia. China is also building the Karot Dam project and the CM of KPK did recently state that the Chinese will invest in another hydroelectric project. Furthermore, China is also building a nuclear power plant Chasma for us which should be completed by 2030. But this low grade journalists is complaining about one coal project near Port Qasim.

Do you know how long it takes to build a hydroelectric project? Bhasha Diamer, Bunji Dam and Kalabagh Dam will take a minimum of 10 years to complete if they were to start today. How will we get companies to invest in these projects when they have a history of becoming controversial in Pakistan? Every year Pakistan's energy demand is increasing...even these projects in CPEC will not be enough to meet the demand. Companies are not going to move into Pakistan if there is no electricity.
From your post I get the impression that he is discrediting the positive role played by China in Pakistan and its investment to strengthen Pakistan's economy and I totally disagree with your conclusion.

Dams take long time but a wind farm can be completed within a year and half ( 1 year for data accumulation at the selected site and 6 months for the installation of 600 MW at normal work rate).. I have overseen the installation three wind power projects in Sweden as a consultant and most of the installation was finished within 4 months...and Swedes do not like to work over time.

From your post I get the impression that he is discrediting the positive role played by China in Pakistan and its investment to strengthen Pakistan's economy and I totally disagree with your conclusion.

Dams take long time but a wind farm can be completed within a year and half ( 1 year for data accumulation at the selected site and 6 months for the installation of 600 MW at normal work rate).. I have overseen the installation three wind power projects in Sweden as a consultant and most of the installation was finished within 4 months...and Swedes do not like to work over time.

When a person tweets randomly on a subject without providing proof then to me it sounds like the person is fishing for trouble. The topic of Chinese firms importing labour into Pakistan has been discussed extensively so why after one year is he raising this question from a supposedly anonymous Senator? China is going to invest $400 billion on its railway sector so they have enough construction projects ongoing in their own country instead of sending workers abroad.

Please look at the Homeland Dream videos on youtube and the evidence is right in front of us...most of the workers are Pakistani's. In fact a number of young Pakistani engineers are being trained by the Chinese in these projects. Instead of peddling this argument forward why doesn't the journalists refute these claims. The media in Pakistan should create a positive perception of Pakistan not cause friction with our partners. This is the difference between Chinese media and Pakistan media.

True wind farms do take less time to build, however, the cost of investment is huge. The total costs of Dawood Wind Power Project is $115 million and it will only generate 49.5 MW. These types of projects are not enough to change Pakistan in the short term. Port Qasim will become an economic zone, so how can we provide electricity to companies who wish to relocate their business in the short term? Do you really think Solar Power and Wind Farm will do the job? Plus which State Owned Enterprise in China will invest billions of dollars in wind farm projects in Pakistan? The point I am trying to advocate is that the Chinese are investing in a number of different energy projects that will consists of (coal, wind, solar and hydroelectricity). But we shouldn't moan about 1 or two coal projects. Every Pakistani has a right to question CPEC, yet when you represent Pakistan at least have the decency to research and ask appropriate questions that make sense. Pakistan must industrialize otherwise we will be stuck in the stone age while the rest of the world develops.

Good to know and good for you. It should be an awesome experience to talk to you sir without any puns.

Please don't use the word "we are beggar" for the whole nation, a farmer who wakes up before dawn, ploughs his fields and seeds them. waters them,...and sheds his sweat and blood, he is not a beggar, there are a lot of Pakistanis who are self made and earn respectable living..and they can earn their livelihood in any part of the world and I'm one of them..living in USA and earning enough to be included in the top percentile for income for their/my host country.

Beggars are your rulers and blood sucking elite that thrives on corruption that includes your bureaucracy, politicians and judges who if leave Pakistan cannot earn their living except for the robbed booty and I don't want myself to be associated with these low lives.

I am against coal power production, in general and especially for Pakistan, since we already have very little vegetation and forest cover, rain is becoming scarce and huge clouds of VOCs and green house gases looming over our highly dense cities mean Pakistanis sign their own death warrants especially when the health facilities are inadequate and people are general not very healthy.

As far as, Rauf Klasra is concerned, he is a journalist and asking teasing question is his job. Of course he is not an expert in energy systems so he may not be going with all the facts but I would expect from his interviewee or subject to answer with facts instead of resorting to personal attacks.

we have one of the largest coal reserve in the world at thar.... projects to utilize thar coal are part of cpec.... what do you suggest we do with thar coal ? let it rot?

Last edited:
People think that by burning coal we will only be adding to the world pollution problems with no direct effects of it to Pakistan. When in fact it will be the Pakistani cities and towns in the vicinity of the coal plants where the smog will decend upon first. Pakistani cities are already experiencing an unusually high amount of smog as is.

Look up the London smog incident of 1952 which caused over 12,000 people to die. Causes of the smog was attributed to the burning of fossil fuel in and around the city.

I realize that energy options for Pakistan may seem limited but don't be in a rush to breath in poison. Explore and exhaust all other options. You children future may depend on it.

Back
Top Bottom