What's new

China's top ten high-tech weapons list

@Sino; Thanks button was by mistake.

Your comparison between Akash and S-300 copy is like saying Ussain bolt can't beat a Marathon runner...........India has a better system Ashwin AAD which can hits target as far as 200 km with a topspeed of 4.5 mach upto 30 km altitude.................Has an AESA radar for traking targets from 800 km and tracking upto 100 of them.

15 km interception altitude for the Ashwin is NOT a full scale anti ballistic missile system; it is nowhere near that of China's KT series missiles or the American THAAD missiles that are capable of engaging ballistic missiles in midcourse (second stage) flight, well out of the earth's atmosphere.

Second of all, the Ashwin does not have 200 km range, but 150 km range instead.

The speed of the Ashwin is also 1400 m/s, which is barely above Mach 1.

Nowhere on the description did it say anything about its radar, let alone of it being AESA and having a range of "800 km".

15 km interception altitude for the Ashwin is NOT a full scale anti ballistic missile system; it is nowhere near that of China's KT series missiles or the American THAAD missiles that are capable of engaging ballistic missiles in midcourse (second stage) flight, well out of the earth's atmosphere.

Nowhere on the description did it say anything about its radar, let alone of it being AESA and having a range of "800 km".
Why not? Fifteen km is just under ten miles in altitude. Fifteen km altitude is higher than airliner cruising altitude. What is a 'full scale' anti-ballistic missile defense in order that we can know less than 'full scale'? Be careful of your answers. I may just have some relevant experience in this matter.

Why not? Fifteen km is just under ten miles in altitude. Fifteen km altitude is higher than airliner cruising altitude. What is a 'full scale' anti-ballistic missile defense in order that we can know less than 'full scale'? Be careful of your answers. I may just have some relevant experience in this matter.

Airliner cruise altitude to zero altitude is only a few seconds for a ballistic missile. If the warhead is a MaRV, chances of interception are even lower.

Full scale ABMs are ones that can intercept them in midcourse stage. THAAD and KT series would be good examples. "Full scale" may not be the best term to describe it but it basically refers to missiles that are specifically designed and are capable of engaging ballistic missiles.

So what is the disadvantage of living in Canada? People who can afford it and find the wait times unacceptable can go abroad and people who can't afford it can get provided for free.

I'm not sure you're making much sense.

Waiting 5 months for the results of MRI scan makes sense to you? I don;t think you understand the significance of that statement..

What kind of dumb Indian bragging against Canada?! We beat back an American invasion and burned down the White House once, while you were still under the British's thumb, shitted on the heads by the British. What have you done besides begging for your existence? You can send men to the moon to build more slums since your dirty country is overflowed with poors. Canada is far far better than the cesspool called India.

The funny thing is that you always have something against INDia only and no other country....mmmm.....troll...I think so

Lol, we provided you with your first nuclear reactors and is now supplying you with the much needed Uranium after Australia banned you. Show a little gratitude? Send a man to the moon and we still import Indian girls and use them as prostitutes. I read you guys have an even more severe gender gap than China? Maybe, I can utilize my Canadian life which is worth 39 times more than your Indian life to purchase a few Indian girls which is trafficked through Vancouver every week? I'll impregnate her and repatriate the mother back to India. After all, we don't want your inferior and poverty-inducing genes to contaminate our superior white society. Seriously, you guys contributed more to the world in the two centuries you grew cotton and tea for the Brits.

PS: I troll for fun and have nothing against Indians. Though it's a different story when those who are worth 1/39 of me challenges my standings.

Sex trafficking affects all ppl. If Indian women are involved it has to do with the Punjabi mafia and Indo Canadian gangsters. Now, don;t forget the Chinese gangs and Hells Angels. They're heavily involved in prostitution as well.

Airliner cruise altitude to zero altitude is only a few seconds for a ballistic missile. If the warhead is a MaRV, chances of interception are even lower.

Full scale ABMs are ones that can intercept them in midcourse stage. THAAD and KT series would be good examples. "Full scale" may not be the best term to describe it but it basically refers to missiles that are specifically designed and are capable of engaging ballistic missiles.
Yup...You and the rest of the Chinese boys here definitively do not know what the hell you are yakking about...

First...This has more to do with philosophies than with the technical details of missile interception, although the technicalities of the subject are relevant.

ibmds.jpg

Never mind the clutter of the example above. The important thing to remember -- that for each phase of a missile's ballistic flight it require an increasing technical, financial, political, and militarily capable country to reach that phase.

And...Whenever I see someone bring in MARV, MIRV, and assorted acronyms, I know the person is just trying to hide his ignorance behind the alphabets.

Anyway...The sooner into a missile's flight that you want to effect an interception, and that is the desirable goal, the closer you must get to the launch point. The closer you want to get to launch point, the more capable your military must be. You cannot have such a capable military unless you have a sufficiently strong economy to support that military.

To date, the only country that can station itself near a potential adversary's ICBM launch point -- and please do not bring in multiple launch points as this is only a simplified example -- is the US. We can station a very strong threat/deterrence like an aircraft carrier group off the coast of any country in the world. Believe it or not, we can launch an air attack, from verbal order to catapult action, quicker and faster than the same can be said for an ICBM launch.

If a country cannot have that kind of global reach, then the next best thing is to intercept a missile at the mid-course segment. Financially speaking, very few country can reach this phase. Not only does it require an orbital vehicle, the mid-course segment require long term sensors and this pretty much mean satellites. Another high finance factor that prevent most country from achieving mid-course ICBM defense.

Finally...The last line of defense is the 'terminal' segment. This is where the enemy's weapon is closest to home soil and is most uncomfortable for all. But this is also the most financially affordable defense segment for ALL countries. It does not matter if the defense is bought or indigenously developed. As long as the 'terminal' segment defense is capable enough and can be fielded, it is affordable.

The 'terminal' segment defense does not require the country to station itself off the enemy's borders, land or sea. It only require the country to be vigilant, as in very capable sensors looking up as high and as far towards the horizon as possible. This is also much more financially affordable than having orbital satellites, EM monitoring stations, aircraft carrier battle groups, and/or repeated aerial reconnaissance near the enemy's borders.

It is not that difficult to envision the finances of each segments and of all summed up. But I do expect a few to totally miss the point...:rolleyes:...completely and throw up those acronyms.

So realistically speaking...Since not all countries can afford the defense segments like the US -- not even China or Russia -- what constitute an effective and enviable ICBM defense should be the 'terminal' segment. If the country cannot afford rotating aircraft carrier battle groups to deter an enemy by being off his coast, then the financial of one aircraft carrier battle group should be allocated towards the 'terminal' segment defense and make that defense as high an altitude as possible.

If the country can afford two or three aircraft carrier battle groups, then a choice exist: Either field a rotating deterrence off the enemy's coast. Or expand that ICBM defense into the mid-course defense segment. If the country is wealthy like the US, then allocate resources towards all segments.

This is why criticizing that 15km interception altitude is being simple minded. Even for US, we do not take that capability lightly and we are financially capable enough to be working on all three segments. Any country that is technologically sophisticated and financially capable enough to develop a terminal segment defense that is kms over home soil is one to be respected. We do so respected.

I think too much of wikipedia has got into your head I won't waste my time providing links to prove my point over your ridiculous statements about AAD Ashwin............................go and learn some maths from your teachers I'll give you a hint "speed of sound at sea level = 340.29 m / s".
And about the radar part it uses swordfish radar an upgraded derivative of Israeli Green pine radar which was supposed to be upgraded up to 1500km range by 2011.:coffee:

Yup...You and the rest of the Chinese boys here definitively do not know what the hell you are yakking about...

First...This has more to do with philosophies than with the technical details of missile interception, although the technicalities of the subject are relevant.

ibmds.jpg

Never mind the clutter of the example above. The important thing to remember -- that for each phase of a missile's ballistic flight it require an increasing technical, financial, political, and militarily capable country to reach that phase.

And...Whenever I see someone bring in MARV, MIRV, and assorted acronyms, I know the person is just trying to hide his ignorance behind the alphabets.

Anyway...The sooner into a missile's flight that you want to effect an interception, and that is the desirable goal, the closer you must get to the launch point. The closer you want to get to launch point, the more capable your military must be. You cannot have such a capable military unless you have a sufficiently strong economy to support that military.

To date, the only country that can station itself near a potential adversary's ICBM launch point -- and please do not bring in multiple launch points as this is only a simplified example -- is the US. We can station a very strong threat/deterrence like an aircraft carrier group off the coast of any country in the world. Believe it or not, we can launch an air attack, from verbal order to catapult action, quicker and faster than the same can be said for an ICBM launch.

If a country cannot have that kind of global reach, then the next best thing is to intercept a missile at the mid-course segment. Financially speaking, very few country can reach this phase. Not only does it require an orbital vehicle, the mid-course segment require long term sensors and this pretty much mean satellites. Another high finance factor that prevent most country from achieving mid-course ICBM defense.

Finally...The last line of defense is the 'terminal' segment. This is where the enemy's weapon is closest to home soil and is most uncomfortable for all. But this is also the most financially affordable defense segment for ALL countries. It does not matter if the defense is bought or indigenously developed. As long as the 'terminal' segment defense is capable enough and can be fielded, it is affordable.

The 'terminal' segment defense does not require the country to station itself off the enemy's borders, land or sea. It only require the country to be vigilant, as in very capable sensors looking up as high and as far towards the horizon as possible. This is also much more financially affordable than having orbital satellites, EM monitoring stations, aircraft carrier battle groups, and/or repeated aerial reconnaissance near the enemy's borders.

It is not that difficult to envision the finances of each segments and of all summed up. But I do expect a few to totally miss the point...:rolleyes:...completely and throw up those acronyms.

So realistically speaking...Since not all countries can afford the defense segments like the US -- not even China or Russia -- what constitute an effective and enviable ICBM defense should be the 'terminal' segment. If the country cannot afford rotating aircraft carrier battle groups to deter an enemy by being off his coast, then the financial of one aircraft carrier battle group should be allocated towards the 'terminal' segment defense and make that defense as high an altitude as possible.

If the country can afford two or three aircraft carrier battle groups, then a choice exist: Either field a rotating deterrence off the enemy's coast. Or expand that ICBM defense into the mid-course defense segment. If the country is wealthy like the US, then allocate resources towards all segments.

This is why criticizing that 15km interception altitude is being simple minded. Even for US, we do not take that capability lightly and we are financially capable enough to be working on all three segments. Any country that is technologically sophisticated and financially capable enough to develop a terminal segment defense that is kms over home soil is one to be respected. We do so respected.

Gambit can you shed some light on the following.

"India is already planning to acquire X-band radars with 4,600 Kms detection range. So there that solves your early detection problem. The radar that are being proposed would be able to detect a 6-inch width object at ranges upto 4,600 Kms. Offourse this is a proposal as yet. Only the US or Isreal can help us with this kinda stuff."

What kind of dumb Indian bragging against Canada?! We beat back an American invasion and burned down the White House once, while you were still under the British's thumb, shitted on the heads by the British. What have you done besides begging for your existence? You can send men to the moon to build more slums since your dirty country is overflowed with poors. Canada is far far better than the cesspool called India.

dont be rude.

The funny thing is that you always have something against INDia only and no other country....mmmm.....troll...I think so

Because India is full of azz like you who verbally abuse other countries. I've seen Indians troll in Pakistan threads, Chinese threads, U.S. threads, and now Canada! What kind jerk would abuse Canadian?! Only Indian lowlifes would do it.

Because India is full of azz like you who verbally abuse other countries. I've seen Indians troll in Pakistan threads, Chinese threads, U.S. threads, and now Canada! What kind jerk would abuse Canadian?! Only Indian lowlifes would do it.

Considering that I love to drive up to Vancouver to good Indian food, there is evidence of cooperation between India an Canada. Canada is a great country and the people are friendly. I just hope that US do not adopt their health care system.

"India is already planning to acquire X-band radars with 4,600 Kms detection range. So there that solves your early detection problem. The radar that are being proposed would be able to detect a 6-inch width object at ranges upto 4,600 Kms. Offourse this is a proposal as yet. Only the US or Isreal can help us with this kinda stuff."

It is annoying when Indian members keep cluttering Chinese threads with the semi-troll tactic of "Ask Gambit" something. Asking Gambit about India or X-band radars has nothing to do with this thread's topic of China's top ten high-tech weapons. The "Ask Gambit" problem by Indian members has shown up in this thread, the J-20 thread, and other Chinese military threads.

1. If you want to ask Gambit a generic question, such as non-Chinese radars in your case, please ask it in an Indian thread on radars or send him a private message.

2. These "Ask Gambit" questions by Indians keep cluttering up Chinese military threads. Why don't you Indians start an "Ask Gambit" thread in the Indian forum? If you insist on annoying us Chinese members with your constant "Ask Gambit" questions on non-Chinese military equipment, it is also acceptable for you to create an "Ask Gambit" thread in the Chinese sub-forum. Please confine your off-topic solicitations on Gambit's musings to those threads.

The Chinese members do not clutter your Indian threads with "Ask Somebody" requests on non-Indian military issues and we would appreciate it if you would show us the same courtesy. Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin

It is annoying when Indian members keep cluttering Chinese threads with the semi-troll tactic of "Ask Gambit" something. Asking Gambit about India or X-band radars has nothing to do with this thread's topic of China's top ten high-tech weapons. The "Ask Gambit" problem by Indian members has shown up in this thread, the J-20 thread, and other Chinese military threads.

1. If you want to ask Gambit a generic question, such as non-Chinese radars in your case, please ask it in an Indian thread on radars or send him a private message.

2. These "Ask Gambit" questions by Indians keep cluttering up Chinese military threads. Why don't you Indians start an "Ask Gambit" thread in the Indian forum? If you insist on annoying us Chinese members with your constant "Ask Gambit" questions on non-Chinese military equipment, it is also acceptable for you to create an "Ask Gambit" thread in the Chinese sub-forum. Please confine your off-topic solicitations on Gambit's musings to those threads.

The Chinese members do not clutter your Indian threads with "Ask Somebody" requests on non-Indian military issues and we would appreciate it if you would show us the same courtesy. Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin

OMG did i scare the baby:cry:
:rofl:

You should have asked your Chinese friends when they questioned India's SAM capabilities
the so called patent producing machines who even can't do simple calculations.
I have seen you crying when there's any Indian posting on some Chinese thread while other Chinese members are bold enough to reply
not cry like some baby :taz:
P.S. Just hope most of the Chinese in U.S. are not like you otherwise they wouldn't survive on a distant foreign land, nothing personal.
Thanks

DARKY

You asked a very loaded question, as in many subjects about it. But...

Only the centimetric bands, as highlighted, will be capable of distinguishing moving objects at that high (or small) physical resolution. Other target resolutions are: speed, altitude, heading, and aspect angle. In radar detection, any complex object, as in non-spheroid, will produce aspect angle resolution, which is how is the body presented to the seeking radar. Combined with other resolutions and the defense will have a very good idea of the final ground destination of the descending warhead. Even the cone is a complex body. The sphere produces the same statistically significant radiation at any point on its body, therefore the seeking radar cannot exploit differential echo arrival time of the echo pulses to guess what is the aspect angle. To date, there are no deployed spheres of warhead.

Back
Top Bottom