What's new

China to induct JF-17 Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CHENGDU, China: People’s Republic of China’s Department of Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Deputy Division Chief and Chairman Sichuan province Development and Reforms Commission Lean Pyar has said that the JF-17 Thunder multi-role aircraft are being manufactured through a joint venture of Pakistan and China and these aircraft are being inducted now into the Chinese Air Force.
In an interview with The News, he said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had started this project jointly with the Chinese leadership in 1998. He said the entire Chinese nation had termed Pakistan their best ever friend in the world. He said China had specially built the JF-17 Thunder aircraft for Pakistan and the Pakistan Air Force was successfully flying these aircraft. Lean Pyar noted that Sichuan province’s bilateral trade volume with Pakistan stood at the level of $290 million. Sichuan province would complete projects worth $2 billion in Pakistan, he added.

Sichuan to complete $2 bn projects in Pakistan: official - thenews.com.pk

I have read that China is in fact testing it, we'll see what happens, but it's probable we will induct some at least to replace the J-7s, if nothing else. Also WS-13, the Chinese engine factory is almost done, so there's a plus there.

We will see.

Won't believe it unless I see it, there is little to no point in China inducting the JF-17, as it is a redundant capability for the PLAAF.

china needs to replace its J-7 regiments with a limited induction of the FC-1 Block-2. it will be a capability upgrade over the J-7 with a BVR capable a/c.

Won't believe it unless I see it, there is little to no point in China inducting the JF-17, as it is a redundant capability for the PLAAF.

why redundent?

CHENGDU, China: People’s Republic of China’s Department of Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Deputy Division Chief and Chairman Sichuan province Development and Reforms Commission Lean Pyar has said that the JF-17 Thunder multi-role aircraft are being manufactured through a joint venture of Pakistan and China and these aircraft are being inducted now into the Chinese Air Force.
In an interview with The News, he said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had started this project jointly with the Chinese leadership in 1998. He said the entire Chinese nation had termed Pakistan their best ever friend in the world. He said China had specially built the JF-17 Thunder aircraft for Pakistan and the Pakistan Air Force was successfully flying these aircraft. Lean Pyar noted that Sichuan province’s bilateral trade volume with Pakistan stood at the level of $290 million. Sichuan province would complete projects worth $2 billion in Pakistan, he added.

Sichuan to complete $2 bn projects in Pakistan: official - thenews.com.pk

these can also be 'propaganda' statements!

china needs to replace its J-7 regiments with a limited induction of the FC-1 Block-2. it will be a capability upgrade over the J-7 with a BVR capable a/c.

why redundent?

these can also be 'propaganda' statements!
Yes to replace J-7 it is best plane to do it

It is not redundant capability when you compare with J-7. PLAAF shall be inducting a better plane then the one they shall retire.

Good if true.

Chinese might make it their lower-end jet.

Waiting for JF-17 Thunder block II....the real JF-17 will be block II.

I have read that China is in fact testing it, we'll see what happens, but it's probable we will induct some at least to replace the J-7s, if nothing else. Also WS-13, the Chinese engine factory is almost done, so there's a plus there.

We will see.

Hi,

I had written a few years ago that china decided to test and induct the J10---give it a 110% of its attention and leave the JF17 for Pakistan to develop and induct.

Having two desperate air forces giving their best to develop and integrate two desperately needed platforms on a fast track---has helped in getting the best possible results from these two aircraft in the shortest period of time with the given resources.

There is no surprise in china inducting this plane---a BVR capable aircraft that can go on naval strike missions as well----and with a possible AESA radar coming in the next few years---it is a extremely important development.

PLAAF wont induct JF-17, there is no reason at all to induct JF-17 when J-10s can do all the things that JF-17 can and better

but CAC has few JF-17 for testing meanings, and WS-13 is near to its maturity, so it wont be strange to encounter few JF-17s in China, but neither PLAAF nor PLAN will induct JF-17

JF-17s makes sense for China only in terms of economics, it can do all the same things as the J-10 but with less endurance and payload. The shear number of older aircraft which need replacing are huge, by inducting JF-17s they can save some funds which they can direct towards other projects. Also even if China goes for JF-17s I dont think they will go for an updated model as that will enter the J-10 domain, they will go for basic specs with indigenous engine to keep costs down.

I have read that China is in fact testing it, we'll see what happens, but it's probable we will induct some at least to replace the J-7s, if nothing else. Also WS-13, the Chinese engine factory is almost done, so there's a plus there. .

It actually makes sense to use the JFT to replace J7, some J8 and a few other regiments. Primarily if you induct the JFT for "internal" regiments that usually stay inside China, I think for each J-10A or B, you can get two JFT's with similar multi-role capability but with less payload. I think it makes a lot of sense.

It'll save up a lot of $$$$. For external facing regiments, you guys can use heavier and higher tech planes like the J10, J11, J16, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom