What's new

China "Nimitz" AC, official gave the AC model with catapult system

cnleio

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
2014 CIMPS in GuangDong, ZhongShan city. China official showed a future China AC model to the exhibition. :tup: (also showed 032 test sub in this exhibition)

230356aqxq8l77ekgselle.jpg.thumb.jpg

230357nj50vu409gjdufv8.jpg.thumb.jpg

230358p4rcyo8aye3raaym.jpg.thumb.jpg

231032sv8dhv2636yv9fyj.jpg.thumb.jpg

there's definitely two carriers in construction at the moment, though whether there will be catapult remains to be seen.

I got a relative who's in the ship building industry.....He/she's been on the Liaoning a few times.

there's definitely two carriers in construction at the moment, though whether there will be catapult remains to be seen.

I got a relative who's in the ship building industry.....He/she's been on the Liaoning a few times.
It's a opened secrect, end of this year the 2nd China A.C shipbody will appearance at DaLian shipyard.
Pls don't forget ask ur relative take more pics of 2nd China A.C after shipbody out.:D

It's a opened secrect, end of this year the 2nd China A.C shipbody will appearance at DaLian shipyard.
Pls don't forget ask ur relative take more pics of 2nd China A.C after shipbody out.:D
what is catapult system ? :undecided:

what is catapult system ? :undecided:
As far as i know, the rumor say China steam catapult system has been mature. :coffee:
China domestic A.C will install steam catapult system first, years later will be electromagnetic launch. Mature tech No risk for PLAN.

China built this catapult system test site for many years, it was beginning from steam catapult development.
Img394088628.jpg

Gwadar awaits this boat ;)

Maybe after a decade or so, China may have built a number of new, indigenous aircraft carriers, with catapults, and equipped with naval versions of J-31 or J-20, China might be in position to lease or give away their training carrier Liaoning to their closest ally, Pakistan.

Would Pakistan need or want a carrier like Liaoning? It would probably come with a full complement of J-15s by then, possibly.

Maybe after a decade or so, China may have built a number of new, indigenous aircraft carriers, with catapults, and equipped with naval versions of J-31 or J-20, China might be in position to lease or give away their training carrier Liaoning to their closest ally, Pakistan.

Would Pakistan need or want a carrier like Liaoning? It would probably come with a full complement of J-15s by then, possibly.

Strategic Liaoning lease has been on my mind for a while. Pakistan and China will have a joint Naval policy for the Arabian sea as Chinese oil will be transported through it. Pakistan Navy with carrier capability can secure not only the Arabian sea but also play a huge role in Indian ocean through the string of pearls. I do not think that all nations that are offering China with large ports like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would object to Pakistani ships rotating off from there along with PLAN.

Lets see how PLAN's ambitious carrier development takes shape, only than a proposition like Liaoning lease can be contemplated.

Strategic Liaoning lease has been on my mind for a while. Pakistan and China will have a joint Naval policy for the Arabian sea as Chinese oil will be transported through it. Pakistan Navy with carrier capability can secure not only the Arabian sea but also play a huge role in Indian ocean through the string of pearls. I do not think that all nations that are offering China with large ports like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would object to Pakistani ships rotating off from there along with PLAN.

Lets see how PLAN's ambitious carrier development takes shape, only than a proposition like Liaoning lease can be contemplated.

Yep, that makes sense for both China and Pakistan. Pakistan, with Liaoning, can definitely counterbalance India's dominance of the Indian Ocean region, without China actually needing to have a carrier presence in the region themselves. That's not to say that China wouldn't send carriers there in the future but I doubt they would want to ruffle India unnecessarily. Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would probably appreciate a strong Pakistan and/or Chinese naval presence as a balance to India dominating the region :pakistan::china::tup:

Truth be told I think the smart move for Pakistan is not to follow India. That's the mistake of India, they try to present themselves as world class, by buying all these expensive weapons, but in the end they are like the guy that can only has a very good chest protector, but everywhere else is exposed. They should have gone their own pace, not compete with China. Do what they can, and accept a weak position now for a stronger position tomorrow, instead they just used patches to cover up the holes.

There's tons of places that Pakistan could use the money, like a better Submarine fleet, a better missile force, a more concentrated in scope surface fleet, and better pay, equipments, and the like for the navy.

Go at your own pace, get what you need, not what will look "good." If China were to be like that we would have gotten a carrier long ago, but we didn't go that route, because that's a fools errand. No way we can go one on one carrier wise, and we are fighting close to home, so a better surface and underwater capability to go with strong missile defense and other key factors are way more important.

We only got a carrier now, because one at this point, we must get one for prestige have came into play unlike before, and we started to need an offensive capability far from our own shores. Not to mention money is no object.

Truth be told I think the smart move for Pakistan is not to follow India. That's the mistake of India, they try to present themselves as world class, by buying all these expensive weapons, but in the end they are like the guy that can only has a very good chest protector, but everywhere else is exposed. They should have gone their own pace, not compete with China. Do what they can, and accept a weak position now for a stronger position tomorrow, instead they just used patches to cover up the holes.

There's tons of places that Pakistan could use the money, like a better Submarine fleet, a better missile force, a more concentrated in scope surface fleet, and better pay, equipments, and the like for the navy.

Go at your own pace, get what you need, not what will look "good." If China were to be like that we would have gotten a carrier long ago, but we didn't go that route, because that's a fools errand. No way we can go one on one carrier wise, and we are fighting close to home, so a better surface and underwater capability to go with strong missile defense and other key factors are way more important.

We only got a carrier now, because one at this point, we must get one for prestige have came into play unlike before, and we started to need an offensive capability far from our own shores. Not to mention money is no object.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your points. Pakistan perhaps will never need a carrier for its own security needs. As you said they can be fulfilled by subs and frigates. However if you take into account the Naval security paradigm in the Indian ocean, i assume that there may be a mutual naval doctrine between Pakistan and China, since both nations would share critical interests in the Arabian sea and Indian ocean.

As a member mentioned earlier, if in the long term after a decade or so when China builds up its carrier groups, the Liaoning can be leased out to Pakistan Navy which again could be jointly operated through Gwadar Naval station that is being built. Chinese people suffered greatly when they became pacifist and gave up their naval power. If you think that playing 'nice' with India is going to earn us peace in the region, i have to say that you are much more hopeful than i am. If We are to establish peace and sustainable security in the region that allows China and Pakistan to grow economically and forge regional alliances, the military power, especially Naval power must be 'postured' if not 'projected' together. I would advise against leaving the Indian ocean to India and the west.

@Chinese-Dragon

Back
Top Bottom