What's new

China military standoff with India, Ladakh April 2013

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Let's discuss the developing military standoff between China and India in Ladakh and Pakistan's interest.

pak-china-flags-1.jpg

China-India military standoff 2013

Today, reports confirm China is fortifying it's position inside Ladakh area with additional troops and armored vehicles and additional military hardware in China are en route to Ladakh. Indian Government has clearly demonstrated it is submissive and afraid to evict the Chinese army in Ladakh. India is in a very tough positions whether it be politically, militarily, and land wise. Any military response by India will most likely be met with a powerful Chinese military response, which I imagine will lead to a new border war, one that will be very quick and decisive. It is similar to the Russian-Georgia military conflict of 2008, only that one was 5-days long; the potential border war between China and India could last for more than a week; with China deciding when to end the war.

New Chinese President

One note I would like to make about the new Chinese president Xi Jinping, as I mentioned before about him he has demonstrated his assertive and confident leadership thus far and he is clearly more hawkish and aggressive with China's enemies. He has taken decisive steps in regards to China's interests and territorial claims.

Now the question becomes, will this standoff break out into actual military conflict, that question remains to be seen. Two results can occur, a diplomatic route where both armies withdraw from the area or some other agreement, the second a military conflict. If military conflict breaks out there is clearly no doubt China will be the victor by a crushing margin, China will probably not hesitate to strike elsewhere in India as well.

Stand of Pakistan

It is ideal and optimal for the Pakistani military to join China in this military standoff against India, it is very much in both nations interests. Coordinated Sino-Pak joint military strikes and operations can dismantle India's hold of occupied Kashmir and other territories. This will also lead to the significant systematic crippling of India's infantry, armored cavalry, air force, and any other Indian military units who take part in the conflict. Though the Indian military will not be destroyed of course, but it is simply highly unlikely for them to prevail in such a scenario.

The U.N

U.N will not be able to intervene to save India, China being a permanent member of the U.N can veto and resolution who wishes to.

The U.S

The United States may raise issue with the conflict and talks of the essence of stability, but I don't think the Obama administration will take sides in the conflict, but will possibly call for an end to violence.

Any international help to India?

Most likely there will be no assistance provided to India, not from Russia, not from Israel, not from anyone. No nation is going to favor India over China and harm it's relations with China over India.

India's interest

Best thing for India to do is withdraw from the area, unless it can afford all the costs of war.

A1

trust me when i say that a joint Pak China opn into IOK is something i have also looked into but the fact is that i dont think we can pull this off in the midst of all this trouble and it will be near impossible if the Sharif regime comes into effect (which it is likely to) because he doesnt have the man rocks to go in all guns blazing, but lets face it war is unlikely and at this time even if moral support is provided to China with some mock up joint exercise then it will go drastically in our favour if ever we need military help form China in the future, one thing i would like to add is that even without direct involvement we can do some covert things in Kashmir by sending in a flux of ''freelance militants'' into Kashmir and then when India replies with some diversion of military towards the LOC then we can use this as a pretext and excuse to atleast build up our force along the LOC and ultimatley when the iron is hot strike by either waiting for India to initiate the attack or use some ''proxy air raid'' or a ''proxy ground incursion'' to initiate and justify our advance, plus a temporary mly takeover may help as well to make sure no backing down occurs.

Sir with due respect can you elaborate how will russia is going to watch when china attack india ?

Let's discuss the developing military standoff between China and India in Ladakh and Pakistan's interest.

pak-china-flags-1.jpg

Today, reports confirm China is fortifying it's position inside Ladakh area with additional troops and armored vehicles and additional military hardware in China are en route to Ladakh. Indian Government has clearly demonstrated it is submissive and afraid to evict the Chinese army in Ladakh. India is in a very tough positions whether it be politically, militarily, and land wise. Any military response by India will most likely be met with a powerful Chinese military response, which I imagine will lead to a new border war, one that will be very quick and decisive. It is similar to the Russian-Georgia military conflict of 2008, only that one was 5-days long; the potential border war between China and India could last for more than a week; with China deciding when to end the war.

New Chinese President

One note I would like to make about the new Chinese president Xi Jinping, as I mentioned before about him he has demonstrated his assertive and confident leadership thus far and he is clearly more hawkish and aggressive with China's enemies. He has taken decisive steps in regards to China's interests and territorial claims.

Now the question becomes, will this standoff break out into actual military conflict, that question remains to be seen. Two results can occur, a diplomatic route where both armies withdraw from the area or some other agreement, the second a military conflict. If military conflict breaks out there is clearly no doubt China will be the victor by a crushing margin, China will probably not hesitate to strike elsewhere in India as well.

Stand of Pakistan

It is ideal and optimal for the Pakistani military to join China in this military standoff against India, it is very much in both nations interests. Coordinated Sino-Pak joint military strikes and operations can dismantle India's hold of occupied Kashmir and other territories. This will also lead to the significant systematic crippling of India's infantry, armored cavalry, air force, and any other Indian military units who take part in the conflict. Though the Indian military will not be destroyed of course, but it is simply highly unlikely for them to prevail in such a scenario.

The U.N

U.N will not be able to intervene to save India, China being a permanent member of the U.N can veto and resolution who wishes to.

The U.S

The United States may raise issue with the conflict and talks of the essence of stability, but I don't think the Obama administration will take sides in the conflict, but will possibly call for an end to violence.

Most likely there will be no assistance provided to India, not from Russia, not from Israel, not from anyone. No nation is going to favor India over China and harm it's relations with China over India.

India's interest

Best thing for India to do is withdraw from the area, unless it can afford all the costs of war.

A1
China is taunting India and India is afraid to take any action because the know China will respond with full power and India will loose lot more than China so it has become a tricky situation and India can't stop itself from retaliating for very long time because that will hurt it internally but on the other hand messing with China can also lead to disaster so really funny and weird situation and Pakistan Armed Forces would be really enjoying this situation

pak-china-flags-1.jpg

New Chinese President

Stand of Pakistan

The U.N

The U.S

India's interest

A1

Bhai Pakistan should not poke its nose in these matters. Pakistan is too small, and weak a player to be interfering in this battle of giants. We should bloody mind our own business and get our house in order!

Bhai Pakistan should not poke its nose in these matters. Pakistan is too small, and weak a player to be interfering in this battle of giants. We should bloody mind our own business and get our house in order!

China is more than capable of handling India by itself. If Pakistan gets involved, India would be able to play the victim card in front of the international community,

I disagree with you Kashmir has to be liberated, and it is in Pakistan's interest to acquire and liberate more territory in Kashmir. House in order is fine but Pakistan is well capable of launching military operation in Kashmir especially when Chinese military is engaged with India. Problem with some of you is you have forgotten Kashmir, part of our house is Kashmir it is our "jugular vein" also our water lifeline. So try and think about future as well.

First of all...we need to get out of war on terror and you are ignoring NATO AND USA's presence in Afghanistan....your proposal was ideal but only in that situation if Pakistan is not having TTP issue....
if we were not a part of war on terror and usa would be getting supply via India and it would be an ideal situation for pak...as USA would be sandwiched in this situation if Pak and china attacked--false decision by Musharraf in past..now I realize it more @A1Kaid:hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well m almost agreed with you but how now when our army is busy in internal war against ttp?

chinese military is not exactly "engaged" with india. its extreemely difficult to carry out military operations at such altitudes despite what many fanboys say

Back
Top Bottom