What's new

China made F-7BGI is ready for export Bangladesh, paint job is done

I don't see much price difference in both. deal was for 16 f-7 in around 180 million. In this price 9 jf-17 could have Come. Jf-17 is relatively new platform. F-7 is copy of mig-21 Which is already or about to be phased our from other countries AF.

new platform?? yes that is the case. We didnt want to change our old platform.

new platform?? yes that is the case. We didnt want to change our old platform.

I don't see much price difference in both. deal was for 16 f-7 in around 180 million. In this price 9 jf-17 could have Come. Jf-17 is relatively new platform. F-7 is copy of mig-21 Which is already or about to be phased our from other countries AF.
IF BD goes for JF 17, which means higer maintenance and training cost.

IF BD goes for JF 17, which means higer maintenance and training cost.
Much better technological capabilities too, considering the generation gap between the two............ why does BD still buy F-7s, when it can have a low cost 4th gen fighter for the same. It needs to realise that it's quantity of 3rd gen planes would be no match if the other side has even half the number of quality 4th gen fighters........

Much better technological capabilities too, considering the generation gap between the two............ why does BD still buy F-7s, when it can have a low cost 4th gen fighter for the same. It needs to realise that it's quantity of 3rd gen planes would be no match if the other side has even half the number of quality 4th gen fighters........
As long as their border is safe and clear, J7BGI is enough for air defence. I think J7BGI is good enough for LCA.

F-7BGI是“临时性”解决方案,用来替换最老的飞机,一旦有了经费,将购买一种现代化歼击机。
Marshal Rahman claimed F7BGI is a temporarily solution for phasing out the oldest air frame in Bangladesh's F7. As long as new bugdet is funded, BAF will go for new 4gen fighter. JF17 is the best choice.

F-7BGI是“临时性”解决方案,用来替换最老的飞机,一旦有了经费,将购买一种现代化歼击机。
Marshal Rahman claimed F7BGI is a temporarily solution for phasing out the oldest air frame in Bangladesh's F7. As long as new bugdet is funded, BAF will go for new 4gen fighter. JF17 is the best choice.

I'm not sure Pakistan would allow that considering that Bangladesh has a tendency of alternating between an India Friendly Regime & BNP. And considering that Pakistan has more than a say in this matter...our friends in China will honor that.

Armstrong, whilst you are correct that given BAL or BNP in power Bangladesh takes a more pro or anti India stance, but there has never and can never be a anti-china stance. I for one would like BD to aquire the JF17 as it seems like a good platform. Obviously Pakistan would have a say on the matter, but once everything is considered it would I think be unlikely Pakistan would block such a sale. In any conflict between India Pakistan at worst Bangladesh will take neutral position. It does not matter who is on power beyond the rhetoric no one in Bangladesh consider India as a friend.

Armstrong, whilst you are correct that given BAL or BNP in power Bangladesh takes a more pro or anti India stance, but there has never and can never be a anti-china stance. I for one would like BD to aquire the JF17 as it seems like a good platform. Obviously Pakistan would have a say on the matter, but once everything is considered it would I think be unlikely Pakistan would block such a sale. In any conflict between India Pakistan at worst Bangladesh will take neutral position. It does not matter who is on power beyond the rhetoric no one in Bangladesh consider India as a friend.

Same Indians does not see Bangladesh as a friend at wartime nor Bangladesh is capable of do so.

Back
Top Bottom