What's new

China Is the Driver of World Economic Growth, as Even the IMF Admits

Always bring up the "freedom" card when you lose an argument. Tell me, how free are you guys? Do you not have to go to work, pay your bills? Can you get away with robbery? Oh you can "elect" your leaders. And how has that worked out for you in the last 60+ years?

Well, the freedom 'card' - as you derisively put is an important one (at least for me).

The freedom card comes with its problems - so an allotment of land to Foxconn for an iphone factory in India could be legally challenged if proper process was not followed - or the use itself may not qualify for a compulsory land acquisition.
Naturally this introduces a whole lot of legal risk in business.

In China the state would simply acquire land if it felt the cause was worthwhile. No protests and no appeal.

This is only an example of the governance distinctions between China and India that investors like.

Here's another.

In India local goverments are not bound to toe the central stance - and many don't. The scheme for scheme of separation of powers means that the government of india can permit a high degree of financial investment for a specific project that they like - but local government may refuse to cooperate. Hence not attractive for setting up a new business.

The flipside is that if investors cross paths with the state they are finished in china. If tomorrow China sets some new tax on iphones Apple has no choice but to accept it - or their local chief might be arrested and apple could be banned in China immediately [as many have found out]. In India they'd contest it in court and might win against the state.

So it's not entirely a bed of roses - and the chinese model while better at attracting investors - has its share of compromises.

You made two mistaken assumptions

1. that the profile of Indian exports is similar to Chinese exports. Indian exports are mostly services, refined crude and foodgrains.China, ofc, is electronics and manufacturing

India's profile - http://commerce.nic.in/publications/anualreport_chapter3-2012-13.asp

China's profile - http://imiharmonizedcode.blogspot.in/2012/12/china-exports.html

2. that only demand for manufacturing exports has slowed. Demand for crude and IT services has also slowed down
[Forrester's study shows that 43% of western IT services users have cut back IT expenditure since the recession began or have negotiated better rates - easier to do in services than manufacturing]

Well, the freedom 'card' - as you derisively put is an important one (at least for me).

The freedom card comes with its problems - so an allotment of land to Foxconn for an iphone factory in India could be legally challenged if proper process was not followed - or the use itself may not qualify for a compulsory land acquisition.
Naturally this introduces a whole lot of legal risk in business.

In China the state would simply acquire land if it felt the cause was worthwhile. No protests and no appeal.

This is only an example of the governance distinctions between China and India that investors like.

Here's another.

In India local goverments are not bound to toe the central stance - and many don't. The scheme for scheme of separation of powers means that the government of india can permit a high degree of financial investment for a specific project that they like - but local government may refuse to cooperate. Hence not attractive for setting up a new business.

The flipside is that if investors cross paths with the state they are finished in china. If tomorrow China sets some new tax on iphones Apple has no choice but to accept it - or their local chief might be arrested and apple could be banned in China immediately [as many have found out]. In India they'd contest it in court and might win against the state.

So it's not entirely a bed of roses - and the chinese model while better at attracting investors - has its share of compromises.
Once again, just as the "cheap labor" theory, the "dictator" theory is another that's been used as a propaganda against China and an excuse for India. Such theories were also rampant 10~20 years ago in western countries. But they have quite down quite a bit. Instead of over simplifying the China phenomenon, the CNN's, the BBC's started to run articles that are somewhat objective. Their politicians' narrative have gradually changed from being arrogant , defiant to combative and defensive. They must've realized that such a development unprecedented in human history for a country as vast as China cannot be simply explained as slave driven dictatorship.

Indian media and politicians however, are still brain washing their citizens with these same idiotic explanations. I guess it must be a cultural thing. Wishful thinking is a heck of a drug! If you believe there are no protests, no different voices, no laws in China that's good for you and us as well.

Once again, just as the "cheap labor" theory, the "dictator" theory is another that's been used as a propaganda against China and an excuse for India. Such theories were also rampant 10~20 years ago in western countries. But they have quite down quite a bit. Instead of over simplifying the China phenomenon, the CNN's, the BBC's started to run articles that are somewhat objective. Their politicians' narrative have gradually changed from being arrogant , defiant to combative and defensive. They must've realized that such a development unprecedented in human history for a country as vast as China cannot be simply explained as slave driven dictatorship.

Indian media and politicians however, are still brain washing their citizens with these same idiotic explanations. I guess it must be a cultural thing. Wishful thinking is a heck of a drug! If you believe there are no protests, no different voices, no laws in China that's good for you and us as well.

My mistake.

Everything is Western propaganda, Indian brainwashing, liberal media conspiracy - perhaps a diabolical Klingon agenda to take over the Earth as well. No doubt China attracted investment because of its highly skilled workforce, high wages and social security, outstanding governance and zero-corruption.

Something funny about China - none of the PDF members posing as Chinese have anything other than a heavy dollop of hypernationalism to share on these forums. No critical thoughts, no acknowledgement of poor policies, no differences with current or past policies. Must be quite a shangri-la you have there.

Cause we badmouth the government too much in Chinese social network like Weibo or Weixin. here the Chinese posters are dealing with foreigners so the approach is more pro government. Indian posters are the same, even you have a crappy government but I still see most Indians are supporting it here.

My mistake.

Everything is Western propaganda, Indian brainwashing, liberal media conspiracy - perhaps a diabolical Klingon agenda to take over the Earth as well. No doubt China attracted investment because of its highly skilled workforce, high wages and social security, outstanding governance and zero-corruption.

Something funny about China - none of the PDF members posing as Chinese have anything other than a heavy dollop of hypernationalism to share on these forums. No critical thoughts, no acknowledgement of poor policies, no differences with current or past policies. Must be quite a shangri-la you have there.

Every political system runs some form of propaganda. But propaganda is a double edged sword. It works against its enemy and at the same time can fool its own people as well. Lies repeated a thousand times becomes the truth.

I know our system is not perfect (when you find that perfect system please let me know). On the contrary it has a lot of problems. But the difference between you and I is you draw your conclusions based on fabricated theories while I try to look at what's happening in reality. How do you know we have no critical thoughts? Can you read Chinese? Have you visited any Chinese media government or private? You think a few faceless dictators alone can bring a country of 1.3 billion from the brink of collapse to No 2 in the world? These dictators must not be human!

Cause we badmouth the government too much in Chinese social network like Weibo or Weixin. here the Chinese posters are dealing with foreigners so the approach is more pro government. Indian posters are the same, even you have a crappy government but I still see most Indians are supporting it here.

I bet he was insinuating we are all 50c army. Yes all of us here are paid by the cheap, stupid Chinese government to convince the Indians on PDF that we are actually good:azn:

I draw my conclusions based on the content and tone of your replies - in almost every thread here. And while every thread turns into a superlative China v an inferior India [or some such] it seems China can do no wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom