What's new

China Human Rights

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Amnesty International has documented widespread human rights violations in China. An estimated 500,000 people are currently enduring punitive detention without charge or trial, and millions are unable to access the legal system to seek redress for their grievances. Harassment, surveillance, house arrest, and imprisonment of human rights defenders are on the rise, and censorship of the Internet and other media has grown.

Repression of minority groups, including Tibetans, Uighurs and Mongolians, and of Falun Gong practitioners and Christians who practice their religion outside state-sanctioned churches continues. While the recent reinstatement of Supreme People's Court review of death penalty cases may result in lower numbers of executions, China remains the leading executioner in the world.

Detention Without Trial

The authorities frequently used administrative punishments, including Re-education through Labour (RTL), to detain people without trial. According to the government, 190,000 people were held in RTL facilities, down from half a million several years ago, although the real figures were likely to be much higher. Former RTL prisoners reported that Falun Gong constituted one of the largest groups of prisoners, and political activists, petitioners and others practising their religion outside permitted bounds were common targets. The authorities used a variety of illegal forms of detention, including "black jails", "legal education classes", "study classes" and mental health institutions to detain thousands of people.

Death Penalty

China continued to make extensive use of the death penalty, including for non-violent crimes. The death sentence continued to be imposed after unfair trials. Statistics on death sentences and executions remained classified as state secrets and, while executions numbered in the thousands, the government did not release actual figures.

Freedom of Expression

As the internet was increasingly used to disseminate news and conduct debates, the authorities tried to control its use by restricting news reporting and shutting down publications and internet sites, including ones that "slandered the country's political system", "distorted the history of the Party", "publicized Falun Gong and other evil cults", and "incited ethnic splittism". The government blocked access to content and recorded individuals' activities through new filtering software such as Blue Shield.

Following the publication of Charter 08 in December 2008, a document calling for political reform and greater protection of human rights, police questioned signatories and put them under surveillance for many months.

•Liu Xiaobo, a prominent intellectual and signatory originally detained in December 2008, was sentenced to 11 years' imprisonment on 25 December for "inciting subversion of state power". His lawyers were given only 20 minutes to present their case, in a trial that lasted less than three hours.

China Human Rights | Amnesty International USA

500,000 people without a TRAIL OR EVEN A CHARGE! .... are you kidding me! that's like GITMO ( those are enemy combatants) X 499,000 more....:lol:

I ask you- from other countries, would you want that record? actaully beside china does anyone ( local judicial system) allow jail time/detention without being charged for a crime? Screw no Trial... people are thrown in jail without any charges being brought forth :cheesy:

OMG horrific...I really feel for those people held without charges !!

Look at this starving kid in China about to die of malnutrition! Human right outrage!

Look at this picture of Chinese government forcing people into living in a toxic river. Human right outrage!

Down with China's human rights record!!

why you tripping bro. it's amnesty international report... it's not like china allows any much negative news to be published. It is very hard to find the truth within China. Look at the SARS episode, they lied, risked lives to maintain an image to the world. The image was more important than lives at risk! wow...

Illegal detention facilities do this...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/12/zhang-chuanqiu-chain-skin_n_782809.html

china-mans-arm-chain.jpg

why you tripping bro. it's amnesty international report... it's not like china allows any much negative news to be published. It is very hard to find the truth within China. Look at the SARS episode, they lied, risked lives to maintain an image to the world. The image was more important than lives at risk! wow...

we are at the forefront of anti-viral efforts to help humanity. there's nothing secret about China's health problems, just as there is nothing secret about China's efforts to combat them through our leading biochemical and medical industries.

China set for world's first H1N1 flu shots

China Unveils First H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine

We usually can only find cures for normal diseases. I won't say more, just let the article do the talking.

SARS conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

did you show your concern and say that over here http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/146156-indias-rights-record-dismal-report.html . it's been up first ...

Good God, are you that naive?

Well, best of luck with all the mud-slinging :lol:

Yes, I did show concern in another India bashing thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...an-26-poorest-african-countries-combined.html

And unlike you, I don't exactly go about every single China/India bashing thread on the forum. There are better things to do.

No country is 100% perfect. Especially developing nations.

we are at the forefront of anti-viral efforts to help humanity. there's nothing secret about China's health problems, just as there is nothing secret about China's efforts to combat them through our leading biochemical and medical industries.

China set for world's first H1N1 flu shots

China Unveils First H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine

We usually can only find cures for normal diseases. I won't say more, just let the article do the talking.

SARS conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a wiki article stating it was a conspriracy and thats your claim? that brainwashing from the 5 cent army on wiki... okiee dookie... I guess your govt , citizens and doctors lied ...when they came out and confessed. ONCE AGAIN- you don't have any clue about the subject matter and hope your lie fly's...:lol:

China admits SARS cover-up

Lateline - 21/04/2003: China admits SARS cover-up . Australian Broadcasting Corp

Was it also a conspiracy when your govt down played 100,000 deaths in the earthquake , initially trying its best to make it look as only few hundreds had died?

I think this is the only way the O.P. gets a kick to passify his deficiencies. Is this all you can say to troll and to make yourself feel superior. I think people like you shouldnt throw stones when your record isnt super clean. We all things we can dig up and bribg to the table but tell us what you are trying to achieve by bringing this to the table young man? Your obsession is mind boggling. Is their anything else you want to mention about China that will make you feel better? Stop the ranting - then you wont get nasty things thrown back at you.

Look at this starving kid in China about to die of malnutrition! Human right outrage!

Poverty-in-India.jpg

Look at this picture of Chinese government forcing people into living in a toxic river. Human right outrage!

ganges-pollution.jpg

Down with China's human rights record!!
u posted the wrong pics brah ..now. Look at this starving kid in China about to die of malnutrition! Human right outrage!Down with China's human rights record! ..:agree:
[http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pict...dren-spend-childhood-scavenging-landfill.html
http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pict...se-children-with-birth-defects-abandoned.html

Back
Top Bottom