What's new

China hikes arms budget to $44 bn

Can you please reply to me in proper english. Thank you.

Dont attack My FLAG ; attack my message and I will debate with you on that.

Last I checked, With give you due credit to Chinese Economy; Indian Economy is based on Knowledge rather than making cheap toys and machinery's. That doesnt mean we are anywhere close to greatness. Indian Military Shipbuilding, Aeronautics other areas are doing good progress, WE DO SOMETHING CALLED TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER, WHICH YOU DONT GET IN MOST CASES....

Thank you

Adarsh
February 12, 2007
India – 163 years behind China?
Bruce Einhorn
Some Asiatech readers complain that I'm anti-India, that I spend too much time comparing India to China, and that in these comparisons all too often India comes out looking bad. But of course lots of top Indian officials do the same thing. For instance: Gangan Prathap, the top scientist at the Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation in Banaglore. The C-MMACS, which got its start in the late 1980s by India’s Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, has its offices on the campus of the National Aerospace Laboratories, so it’s safe to say that it’s not peopled by a bunch of India-haters. Yet Prathap, the scientist-in-charge of the center, the other day made headlines with his unfavorable comparison of India to China. According to a report in Indian newspaper The Telegraph, Prathap says that India is more than a century and a half behind China when it comes to sci-tech human resources. According to the Telegraph’s report, “India will take at least 163 years to match China’s research workforce of 850,000 even if Beijing were to freeze the number today.” More: Prathap “has now used simple school algebra to show that even if India’s 4,500 annual science doctorates were to join the 115,000-strong science and technology workforce, the country won’t be able to touch the figure of 850,000 until 2170 AD.”

And Prathap is not the only Indian scientist pointing out that people shouldn’t fool themselves into thinking that success in IT outsourcing and generic drugmaking mean India’s rise as a high-tech power is a sure thing. For instance, the Telegraph quotes Rajesh Kochchar, former director of the National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies, saying “We’ve lulled ourselves into thinking we’re doing great things.” The Telegraph also quotes C.N.R. Rao, head of the Scientific Advisory Committee to the Prime Minister, bemoaning the situation: “India’s share of global research publications in science has dropped to unbelievably low levels.” Fortunately, Indian officials like these realize that it's useful to compare their country's progress (or lack thereof) with that of the other would-be Asian superpower.

It's rather safe to say that both coutries are developing rapidly in recent 10 years,but one of the visible differences comes as comparison. Indian people seem to got highly into comparison with China in every field (I believe software industry is their most delighting one),while chinese seldom take care of this,coz they have to think more about how to get themselves happier in a reviving era,meanwhile the chinese gov is morelikely taking Europe and the US as their researching object to build national systems.

Development is absolutely neigher simply happiness,nor simply comparsion,thus we've got to give thanks to our long term neighbour for their constantly concern, no matter encouraging or ill-affected, we never deny it to contribute to the growth of chinese national power.

one more thing about increasing chinese arms budget, military service compulsory is now containing different text if we compare with what China used to do. a trooper in last decad was not paid beside small allowance several dozen coins per month,and now he gets 1800rmb as a private soldier.
China spends much more money than before in military construction,but an new soldier allowance and orther welfares that are proximately 50 times higher has to take a huge part of the entire millary budget. just think how many troopers does China have.

when we talk about China's 3 times disarmament in recent 20 years,a common view is not only for peace,it's also balance between quality and budget.

KvLin,

Internet Warriors dont constitute the bulk of aspirations and thinking of Indians or Chinese people. Now China Started Development and Opening up in 1980, After the Nixon Visit. That is a decade Head Start. India and China have a different way to Economic Superdome, Me personally prefer the Chinese Way.

Do you know why you have American BlackHawk Helicopters. You need to learn more

Hi,Adux,

My question for you is what India had been doing before a very economic start in 1991? Who's the only big country that has been substantially supported by both sides of the two-pole world throughout the cold war and WTO afterwards?

The two republics got established almost in the same time,but the following years by 1980 saw a frenetic political contry of China insideout and pile of fatal problems upon Chinese national economy,the Korean war,the "great leap" and a 10-year "proletarian cultural revolution" for instance. Accused as revisionism by her only supporter Soviet Union in the late 1950s, the country had been totally isolated for over 10 years,until the ice-breaking visit by Nixon. China ended up the disastrous turmoil in 1976 but until 1979 there was never an advocate of economic development coming into Chinese leadership. Mao didn't make any visit abroad in his life except a short trip to Soviet Union in 1949 upon Stalin's birthday.

Looking backwards from today, the year of 1980 was a remarkable turn of China,it's the watershed between fever and Sagacity,panic and deliberation,isolation and openness. Today's China is totally different from her past.

Nixon's visit was obviously a successful step in the global strategy of the US during the cold war,but the honeymoon started in 1982 and broke up 7 years later,while Peacepearl seemed to be the sweetest proposal before it died on the vine.

Blackhawk is one of the best helicopters that ever served Chinese army,although they were of the civil version among Sikorsky's S-70 serials.

Look,I've told you roughly what had happened to China in the past 50 years,and I do appreciate your story about India.

We had Nehru who got our asses kicked in the 62 war. We have had 4 wars with a hostile neighbour ever present to grab land. We have had terrorists wreak havok in our states, we have had economic depressions and almost bankruptcy. And today we are where we are and going strong.

Thats the completely one sided super short and incomplete story by me.

Thanks for your brief,Malaymishra123. frankly,without it I would think that India people all believe they had won the 1962 war.

you know what,in our recent view,the most distinguished Indian solution is your medical security system. put me right if it is not true.

Thanks for your brief,Malaymishra123. frankly,without it I would think that India people all believe they had won the 1962 war.
I doubt you'd find a single Indian who'd even claim we had a partial victory. A defeat is a defeat. It was analysed and the course was corrected. Believe me when i say, it was the defeat in 62 that made sure that India had enough military to fight the next wars. Had this not been the case, Nehru and A$SHOLE Mennon would have made sure that our military was completely disbanded and our ordinance factories made slippers for the 'common man'. That war put us on the military war, and we have its fruits today.

you know what,in our recent view,the most distinguished Indian solution is your medical security system. put me right if it is not true.
Indian medical security system is good mate, but there are gaping chinks. For eg: any poor can have access to any facility in India, BUT he has to go to major cities for that. There are not enough hospitals(problem with overwhelming poplation), there are not enough clinics, dispensaries in the villages, many areas dont have basic healthcare. I would say that the system is good in the urban RURAL areas.

P.S: I was rather thinking that Adux would jump in the entire history brief thing with a 3 page post. Its his kind of thing and not mine essentially.lol.

you indian people,always says:buy the good weapons,do you know,you can not buy the best. usa and russia can give you the best,it is impossible.so ,you want to become top, depend on yourself. india spends much money in buying russia and european flighter, tank.i think that you spend money on your own military industrials. perhaps after one decade, other countries should pay money to buy the good things from you.
to buy, you willnot buy a strong country.

we hv p sold dhruv helis to equador an some other nations. gh6 gh jk

Thread Date - 03-06-2007

Thank you, Sport.

How stupid I was keep wondering why the number is so low!

China is the most populous nation in the world with infinite porous borders and a long coast line. With her vast international shipping lanes, an expenditure of 2-3% of her GDP is a fair number to protect her interests.

Let assume China GDP for 2012 is $7 trillion, then her military budget should be around $200 billion.

Back
Top Bottom