What's new

China dominates military and police sniper world cup

MUHARIB

Reaction score
BUDAPEST -- China took first place in four out of five events at the 10th Military and Police Sniper World Cup in Budapest on Monday.

The five individual and team events for both police and military categories included 24 exercises from a distance of 20 to 420 meters. The exercises had to be executed according to real life situations, including night shooting, within a designated time limit.

Xu Bo of China won the police individual event with 956 points, the highest score in the entire competition. China's Qi Baosong came second with 928 points, while Josef Prochazka of the Czech Republic placed third on 902 points.

Xu Bo's winning score also earned him a second top spot as best overall individual shooter. Josef Prochazka and Libor Havlis of the Czech Republic won the police team category. China's Xu Bo and Meng Qing Feng came second while Stefan Meisterhofer and Martin Kunz of Austria finished third.

In the military individual category, Hu Xiang of China won with a score of 907 points. The Czech Republic's Petr Marek scored 891 points to come second while fellow Czech Richard Maska came third on 853 points.

China's Hu Xiang and Zhang Hua won the military team event ahead of Petr Marek and Thomas Hekele of the Czech Republic in second place and their compatriots Richard Maska and Petr Novak in third.

The 3-day competition held at the Hungarian Police Training Centre in the Hungarian capital attracted 118 participants from 19 countries, Austria, Poland, Ukraine, the U.S., Belarus, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Norway, Bulgaria, Britain, China, Germany, Macedonia, Israel and Vietnam, as well as the hosts Hungary.
http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/chin...t_12612346.htm

Congratulations to China.:china: :cheers:

Anyone have pictures for this year?

The event is seriously underreported. I couldn't find any other info on it aside from a blog post about the 2009 event.

Not a bad improvement from the performance in 2009. Does anyone know if they used indigenous guns this time around?

The event is seriously underreported. I couldn't find any other info on it aside from a blog post about the 2009 event.

Not a bad improvement from the performance in 2009. Does anyone know if they used indigenous guns this time around?

Last year, the PLA team was using a modified Remington 700, not sure about the PAP (they actually did better than the PLA if I recall)

The PAP was using the new indigenous design (there was a thread posted recently but I've forgotten the model)

1275893136_17.jpg

In most western thought, Chinese army is not well trained, but in fact they don't know how the reality is, so they just mke it up, and deeply believe in what they though. That's why china always surprise them.

In most western thought, Chinese army is not well trained, but in fact they don't know how the reality is, so they just mke it up, and deeply believe in what they though. That's why china always surprise them.

Well we have 1.3 million active service personnel to choose from. It doesn't mean everyone is well trained, but I still believe in the PLA's fighting spirit. There are some peoples nations who make good warriors and some that don't, culture, heritage, politics all come into it.

The PAP was using the new indigenous design (there was a thread posted recently but I've forgotten the model)

1275893136_17.jpg

That is better news than winning the contest. This way they can improve the quality of the every sniper in the army.

We need better weapons.

In the past, it was reported we competed using our own weapons which were less accurate than their competitors.

Holy crap. Did the Chinese engineers change the laws of physics to make that sniper rifle? I mean its a Frickin 5.8x42 mm round beating out 7.62x51 mm and .338 Magnum Lapuas.

Holy crap. Did the Chinese engineers change the laws of physics to make that sniper rifle? I mean its a Frickin 5.8x42 mm round beating out 7.62x51 mm and .338 Magnum Lapuas.

Perhaps the soldiers involved are just better shots. Who knows.

Perhaps the soldiers involved are just better shots. Who knows.

Heavier rounds have better terminal ballistics. Being a better shot will not help if your round goes in a different spot everytime you shoot. They must have done something with the 5.8mm or the magazine got the caliber wrong or the PAP team was using the same rifle chambered for a bigger round.

Back
Top Bottom