What's new

China confirms export of eight submarines to Pakistan

PN now should also try to acquire bigger & advance ships. PN needs to strengthen itself in every possible way.

Which is the latest AIP solutions today ? Aren't sterling a new solution?

The S-26 and S-30 submarines are being developed by China solely for the Pakistan Navy, and they will not enter service with the PLA Navy. The Pakistan Navy will procure four S-26s and four S-30s. China will also supply Pakistan with a submarine rebuild centre (SRC) that will be located at Ormara, and a VLF communications facility that will be located at Turbat. Deliveries of the S-26 submarines will begin by 2017.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/china-co...rines-to-pakistan.456161/page-4#ixzz4NSRlePcd

Seems your idea already under consideration.

Sterling is hardly new. See australias collins class and swedish navy subs

i guess currently the primary area of focus for Pakistan Navy is the construction of Ship lift system at KSEW.
The said system will enhance KSEW capability from 5 to 18 shipbuilding at a time or repair.
Hopefully we will see some key projects at KSEW with cooperation of CHina , Turkey ,south Korea and Ukraine, in upcoming years

Which is the latest AIP solutions today ? Aren't sterling a new solution?
Fuel-cells is where the industry is heading. It started with Germany, but India, France and Russia have similar fuel cell AIP programs too. Given the reality of using Sterling AIP in warm water, I would be surprised (and disappointed) if the Pakistan Navy isn't pushing for fuel-cell AIPs as well.

Afaik s20 with aip. Dont know the type of aip but if sterling then thats a form of aip that has seen little further development in the past 2 decades.

Which AIP is best in the world and why? How much endurance it gives underwater?

Is pump jet / water jet better then other conventional propulsions? Can it be used in conventional submarines?

Fuel-cells is where the industry is heading. It started with Germany, but India, France and Russia have similar fuel cell AIP programs too. Given the reality of using Sterling AIP in warm water, I would be surprised (and disappointed) if the Pakistan Navy isn't pushing for fuel-cell AIPs as well.

Where MESMA AIP stands in above equation?

Could the late induction time and high cost of this deal be an indication that Pakistan might get some Subs which can fire SLBM's on its own design

Also is it possible for a conventional sub to fire a Cruise missile?

Which AIP is best in the world and why? How much endurance it gives underwater?

Is pump jet / water jet better then other conventional propulsions? Can it be used in conventional submarines?

Where MESMA AIP stands in above equation?
MESMA would have to be imported from France. If the Navy is planning of picking up a Western AIP, it would be advised to go for a fuel-cell design. DCNS just revealed the FC2G fuel-cell AIP to succeed the MESMA in its product portfolio.

Could the late induction time and high cost of this deal be an indication that Pakistan might get some Subs which can fire SLBM's on its own design

Also is it possible for a conventional sub to fire a Cruise missile?
I think Pakistan will push to have the new submarines capable of launching sub-launched cruise missiles (SLCM), that is the simplest way to get a strategic deterrence at sea. But I don't know about SLBMs.

The Cinese Sterling Engine AIP is of the latest technologies, and China is also working on Fuel Cell AIP, so by the time these subs are ready, we might see both technologies incorporated in them, say the S-26 with Sterling engine and S-30 with Fuel cells..

Back
Top Bottom