What's new

China Begins to Lose Edge as World's Factory Floor

Götterdämmerung;3820910 said:
Japanese were indeed innovative back in the 1970s but it was not until the middle of the 1980s when Japanese innovation was recognised and accepted here in Europe.

As a child I still remember how the adults talked about Japanese rice cooker on wheels (Japanese cars) and made all kinds of jokes. Later when Japanese cars became more successful they were ridiculed with a different kind of jokes, namely Japanese products as job killers for Germany.

There was a joke about the meaning of Mazda.

What does Mazda mean in German? the answer was: Mein Auto Zerstört Deutsche Arbeitsplätze (My car destroys German jobs).

Does that ring a bell?

It was not until Sony came up with the walkman in the 1980s that Japan became cool.
Yes but what does it tell you ? Our eastern neighbors don't have brand names yet or they're still imitating & so no innovation from that side of the border, that I've seen till now ? I'll let you be the judge of that since I do biased reporting :cheers:

Yes but what does it tell you ? Our eastern neighbors don't have brand names yet or they're still imitating & so no innovation from that side of the border, that I've seen till now ? I'll let you be the judge of that since I do biased reporting :cheers:

It tells me that the Chinese are on the right path of development. They immitate before innovate just like all other developed countries, and I'm sure there are already quite some innovation going on in China right now but it will take at least a decade in order to be recognised and accepted as such.

Read the history of the Walkman, the showcase of Japanese innovation. You'll be surprised!

Walkman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heck even surveys are implying the innovation center will shift from the Silicon Valley to China within a couple of years. We just have to wait and see if that's gonna come true.

Heck even surveys are implying the innovation center will shift from the Silicon Valley to China within a couple of years. We just have to wait and see if that's gonna come true.
Surveys don't hatch inventions/innovation so that's just total B$ & I suggest you read some frequently updated tech news sites as to what really happens in Si valley !
Anyways I'll be happy to be proven wrong if the CN can really surprise us, but moreover if & when we surpass them this debate will be like a zillion times more sweet at that point in future :cool:

Surveys don't hatch inventions/innovation so that's just total B$ & I suggest you read some frequently updated tech news sites as to what really happens in Si valley !
Anyways I'll be happy to be proven wrong if the CN can really surprise us, but moreover if & when we surpass them this debate will be like a zillion times more sweet at that point in future :cool:

We as CN or INDIA? The latter one is not even in the picture for the next few decades.

We as CN or INDIA? The latter one is not even in the picture for the next few decades.
Well duh Ind, its not as if you're on a bullet train & us on a bullock cart, as things stand right now Ind can easily match CN in innovation with the right amount of funding cause we have all the basics already in place :toast_sign:

nothing to be worried about.this had to happen.and almost every developing country on its path to development will face this situation.today it is china,tomorrow it will be india or vietnam.

Well duh Ind, its not as if you're on a bullet train & us on a bullock cart, as things stand right now Ind can easily match CN in innovation with the right amount of funding cause we have all the basics already in place :toast_sign:

EH... right... you have a nice dream :D

Imitation is a prerequisite to innovation. In the imitation stage you build the foundations by acquiring existing technology and know-how. Once you copied everything there is to copy, then you invest in R&D to get ahead of the competition.
China is still in the latter stages of imitation. You can see small signs of innovations at certain industries with the rise in design and utility patents filed at WIPO.

As for India, well India is not even at the level of imitation yet. India still doesn't have the capability to reverse engineer. That's why you have to import everything. Believe me, if India had the ability to reverse engineer you would be doing it. But you don't have that capability.

Imitation is a prerequisite to innovation. In the imitation stage you build the foundations by acquiring existing technology and know-how. Once you copied everything there is to copy, then you invest in R&D to get ahead of the competition.
China is still in the latter stages of imitation. You can see small signs of innovations at certain industries with the rise in design and utility patents filed at WIPO.

As for India, well India is not even at the level of imitation yet. India still doesn't have the capability to reverse engineer. That's why you have to import everything. Believe me, if India had the ability to reverse engineer you would be doing it. But you don't have that capability.

China has started to show innovation in reverse engineering arenas like white light 3D scanners and one Chinese company has become the largest supplier of these in the world.

For the Indians, they even have to import basic engineering & inspection tools..!

My car is German。

All my home appliances are German。

I only buy Chinese or German branded products。

First for love of my country,second for respect for a country、its people and its products,which are the finest!!

That's my philosophy of life。

My car is German。

All my home appliances are German。

I only buy Chinese or German branded products。

First for love of my country,second for respect for a country、its people and its products,which are the finest!!

That's my philosophy of life。

same here```lol

i love German, Italian and British cars (even some of them moved the factories),
German cars good for handling and safe
Italian cars racing maniac
British cars royal bloodline

oh please````you countries is primitve factor driven society, your high tech sector is no bigger than Singapor's, and manufacturing sector is no advanced than vietnam```annual research citation paper and patent grands from PCT is similar to HK, and now you are comparing to China, which is among the top three?

cannot find a better explaination of ignorance and clueless than you kid``

Back
Top Bottom