What's new

China All Su-35 news

T9GpiBy.jpg
sIdbSbR.jpg

Looks like not only Chinese pilots but technicians for training as well (第一架售华苏35疑曝光!中国技术人员与其合影)

Why are the Chinese team looking so happy in front of Su35??

No smiling matter in my opinion

One step forward two steps back

Why are the Chinese team looking so happy in front of Su35??

No smiling matter in my opinion

One step forward two steps back

Well, I'm usually the last one to look at the positive side of the Su-35, but here it goes...

1. Su-35s = dissimilar air combat training opportunities, as well as OPFOR
2. They might have been purchased solely for their engines (even though the 145 kN WS-10IPE is already undergoing aerial platform testing)
3. They make excellent airshow material
4. They would be a decent comparator to evaluate (and possibly train) J-11D & J-16 pilots.

So China paid $2 billion for engine ??

Doubt it

J20 a 5th generation fighter made at home which is operational but still buying foreign 4th generation fighter

It's like me buying iPhone 6 for £600 when I already got iPhone 7 for £500 in my pocket

Doubt it

J20 a 5th generation fighter made at home which is operational but still buying foreign 4th generation fighter

It's like me buying iPhone 6 for £600 when I already got iPhone 7 for £500 in my pocket
you dont need 1000+ Iphones to make calls and sending messages```
Su-35 is a political, economical, military and technical matter````not one alone can make this deal go through``

in terms of military and technical, it has nothing to do with 'filling' production capacity or engine or radar. the real deal is:

1: keeping up with the best kits that neighbors/opponents have (american would love to buy our J-10, 20 and FC-31 if we allow, but that doesnt mean China is more advanced than U.S in terms of aviation)

2: checking out their structural design (for the previous decade, SAC has a big problem of solving flankers structure flaws, especially when they changed almost all the important parts of the plane to domestic made, which made the problem even worse. only recently with the active service of J-15, J-16 and later on J-11D has the problem solved. but they still want to know how Russian's solved this problem with Su-35... in our circle, we call Su-35 the 'ultimate flanker')

to many people here think that an arse kicking plane is because they have arse kicking radars and engines```lol```but in our circle it far from that, if not million miles away from that misconception`! its a very very very complex issue that involves hundreds different fields of expertise!

the best example, not wanting to troll, is LCA, with all the decent parts from various renowned foreign companies, it is still not a decent plane.

in our circle, the real break through is J-10 and J-20, they are the real indigenous stuff from scratch, Chinese flankers are, as most western and Indian people like to put, products of 'copy'```indeed we learnt loads of things from flankers```even the armies and top brass wasnt very happy with original flanker's sub systems ```but as a whole, with sophisticated system support, it is indeed an excellent plane!

*cough...coughh...su..35...cough...merry...christmas..cough....

The first has just landed on China.
01.png

There are two dimensions in the SU35 deal.
Politically, Putin wanted this deal so the money can be put into the T50 program.
Militarily, China could use it for cat and mouse game on the Japan sea and the south China sea without revealing the secret of its main battle jets.
A win win for both.

Doubt it

5th generation fighter is like arrow in flight, but the fabrication and maitain costs are very high. 4th and 4.5th generation ones are still the major fleet in present war. China is still producing large number of J10B, J11D and J16 etc.

Could it be that this image is an old one showing a Su-35 landing at Zhuhai 2014?

Back
Top Bottom