What's new

China All Su-35 news

From a couple of points:
- The J-11D uses an AESA developed by the 14th Institute (NRIET)
- The 14th Institute also won the J-10C's radar contract because it could pack more T/R modules into a tight radome volume than the 607th Institute's radars. Keep this note in mind.
- The 607th Institute developed the radar for the J-16, which allegedly (from published documents) could track a 1 m^2 target from 450 km (supposedly using L-band, but I could be wrong on this account)
- The Su-35's Irbis-E can track a 3 m^2 target from only 350 km
- The logic goes that if the 607th Institute's radar could already outstrip the Irbis-E in terms of detection range, then a radar from the 14th Institute, which can pack more T/R modules into a certain space, must be on the same level at the very least

Of course, detection range is by no means the only parameter by which radars should be judged, but in terms of BVR warfare, an early detection advantage is essentially what tips the battle in one's favor.

In this assessment I assumed that both the Su-35 and J-11D adopted similar levels of composite materials and radar absorbent coating (although I question how much that would really matter). I also assumed that both aircraft generate enough thrust to meet the power requirements of their respective radar systems.
Su35 will fight with J11D and J20 at DingXin, wait and see.

I'm very opposed to the arrogant attitude that some among us show toward Russia and their weapon system. Be humble.

Ignore those Indians mocking the Su35 deal, a failed try to degrade Chinese weapon system. Actually they are not happy with us getting Su35.
You are lacking in confident of Chinese modern weapon. In fact, it is Russian too arrogant to buy Chinese weapon which is better than anything in Russian arsenal. For example, why Russia buy drone from Israel when cheaper and more devastating UCAV drone can be bought from China? Didn't Russian realized Israel is a very closed allies of US?

By the way, Russian now has problem delivered the 24 Su-35 to PLAAF on time.

You are lacking in confident of Chinese modern weapon. In fact, it is Russian too arrogant to buy Chinese weapon which is better than anything in Russian arsenal. For example, why Russia buy drone from Israel when cheaper and more devastating UCAV drone can be bought from China? Didn't Russian realized Israel is a very closed allies of US?

By the way, Russian now has problem delivered the 24 Su-35 to PLAAF on time.
yeh, sometimes Russians are arrogant as well. I still think F117s will do some reference for our TVC engine development. As to Su35, we already have better one suck as J20.

Primary goal of this deal is , IMO, a favor to Russia, so the Russia is able to advertise Su 35, as a fighter, acquired by China

Secondary is, probably, by the chinese experts to obtain an insight in Su 35s control surfaces system in extreme flight regimes. There was a post about SAC lapping behind the CAC in this department. And, putting up russian radar against various chinese radars. Su 35 is not just one version of Su 27 it is re engineered fuselage and subsystems

Primary goal of this deal is , IMO, a favor to Russia, so the Russia is able to advertise Su 35, as a fighter, acquired by China

Secondary is, probably, by the chinese experts to obtain an insight in Su 35s control surfaces system in extreme flight regimes. There was a post about SAC lapping behind the CAC in this department. And, putting up russian radar against various chinese radars. Su 35 is not just one version of Su 27 it is re engineered fuselage and subsystems

The deal is more or less about the engines. It makes no sense to have a logistic headache (with incompatible weapons and avionics, after Russia refused China's request to install their own radars and such) if one's goal is simply to expand their current fighter fleet.

Su-35 for PLAAF or a PSED one?
m0tK05Z.jpg

m0tK05Z.jpg

Why do You think so ?? It is neither a Su-35 nor a psed J-11, it is plain and simple an old - very old - Su-27SK even with the original old two-digit serials on the front and the small black serial numbers on the tail. It also has the typical cut-out scheme on the radome ! It even has the typical old style single wheel front gear.

I really do not understand why this should be a psed Su-35??

Deino

Why do You think so ?? It is neither a Su-35 nor a psed J-11, it is plain and simple an old - very old - Su-27SK even with the original old two-digit serials on the front and the small black serial numbers on the tail. It also has the typical cut-out scheme on the radome ! It even has the typical old style single wheel front gear.

I really do not understand why this should be a psed Su-35??

Deino

I was merely asking for some opinion of the picture i posted, where did i stated its a SU-35 to begin with?
I don't own you any explanation on what so ever and please stop quoting me like every time Beast has posted
I'm not interesting in your type of verbal mud wrestling period, thankyou

I was merely asking for some opinion of the picture i posted, where did i stated its a SU-35 to begin with?
I don't own you any explanation on what so ever and please stop quoting me like every time Beast has posted
I'm not interesting in your type of verbal mud wrestling period, thankyou

Guys, either we have indeed a language issue - what might be true, but can be solved - or I really don't understand why some of again in defence-modus: You said Yourself:

... and so I took this question as a real question You asked: Is this a Su-35 for PLAAF or a PSED one??

And I only said it is not, Yes, I was surprised why You asked that since it is clearly a Su-27SK.

As such there no mud wrestling - in which I am not interested too - but only an answer to Your question. I really don't know what's up with You.

It's exactly the same as with Beast and his question if already a Y-7AWACS took off from the Liaoning during the recent exercise and I gave him an answer ... with the typical result.

Care to explain, why some of You take each and every "answer" that can be deemed a bit of a contra-post to Your own statement is immediately taken as an offence ???

Again, I really agree with You, that I'm also not I'm in any type of verbal mud wrestling,... my intention was simply to answer Your question; thankyou.
Deino

Last edited:
m0tK05Z.jpg

It is all so amusing that folks are speculating on SU-35 which the Russian salesmen is trying so hard to sell to China.

Yes. China will love to acquire this aircraft as well as others if they are available for its ACMI program.

Including the F35 of course. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:coffee: That is a good observation. Before China acquired the SU-27 way back in 1990's, no other NATION was interested with SUKHOI warplanes. They only think of the MiGs.

Back
Top Bottom