What's new

China All Su-35 news

What a waste of money !

That money going to Russia could have been better spent on Chinese aviation industry

This is a joke puts all the hard work from Chinese engineers into Shame for projects like J20

What a waste of money !

That money going to Russia could have been better spent on Chinese aviation industry

This is a joke puts all the hard work from Chinese engineers into Shame for projects like J20

Well, even if there is a deal, it should come from a strategic point of view

The trade balance between China and Russia are not very good for Russians, China export industrial products whilst Russia export oil/woods/ore etc.

So from Putin's point of view, this is very sad situation for Russian industry, but the only Russian industry produce is weapon, so on top of oil deal China has to buy some Russian industry products, e.g, weapons, to balance the trade, since unlike China, besides natural resource, weapon export is one major source of income for Russia.

What a waste of money !

Even if that deal really ever manifests, at 24 units for less than 2 billion (since the alleged deal would include other parts and eqipment) thats basically just ditching the last few bits of technology gaps or mere discrepancies with whatever Russia can offer to the foreign market and great transparency over every nation buying them as assets, all at a very cheap price before its loses its last worth to China, with China developing faster than Russia and closing the last few gaps where China isnt already past or on par with Russia.

Last edited:
What gap ??

When was the last time China bought from Russia any fighter aircraft ??? More than a decade ago

In that time Chinese aviation has progressed more than ever, in the last 5 years alone they made more progress than previous 15 years

So why then buy Su35 , for heavens sake J20 just went operational !!!!!

Very bad

I'm very opposed to the arrogant attitude that some among us show toward Russia and their weapon system. Be humble.

Ignore those Indians mocking the Su35 deal, a failed try to degrade Chinese weapon system. Actually they are not happy with us getting Su35.

I'm very opposed to the arrogant attitude that some among us show toward Russia and their weapon system. Be humble.

Ignore those Indians mocking the Su35 deal, a failed try to degrade Chinese weapon system. Actually they are not happy with us getting Su35.

There's a difference between humility and partaking in an unproductive & potentially-wasteful deal. There are numerous other ways, military or economic, by which China could "show appreciation" towards the Russians.

I'm looking forward the result of J20 field against Su35 in DingXin.

There's a difference between humility and partaking in an unproductive & potentially-wasteful deal. There are numerous other ways, military or economic, by which China could "show appreciation" towards the Russians.
Take care of LCA, that's all you have to do.

IAF is gonna have PAKFA, no reason jealous about Chinese Su35. I don't have grudge with you, all the best.

Nobody is "jealous" of a fighter that can't even match the J-11D in terms of BVR combat. And why drag the IAF into this?

If Russia willing to sell T50, we will buy some for air combat test.
If you say so, the Indians will not be happy.
177528.jpg

How do you know the Su35 can't match J11D in the BVR?

From a couple of points:
- The J-11D uses an AESA developed by the 14th Institute (NRIET)
- The 14th Institute also won the J-10C's radar contract because it could pack more T/R modules into a tight radome volume than the 607th Institute's radars. Keep this note in mind.
- The 607th Institute developed the radar for the J-16, which allegedly (from published documents) could track a 1 m^2 target from 450 km (supposedly using L-band, but I could be wrong on this account)
- The Su-35's Irbis-E can track a 3 m^2 target from only 350 km
- The logic goes that if the 607th Institute's radar could already outstrip the Irbis-E in terms of detection range, then a radar from the 14th Institute, which can pack more T/R modules into a certain space, must be on the same level at the very least

Of course, detection range is by no means the only parameter by which radars should be judged, but in terms of BVR warfare, an early detection advantage is essentially what tips the battle in one's favor.

In this assessment I assumed that both the Su-35 and J-11D adopted similar levels of composite materials and radar absorbent coating (although I question how much that would really matter). I also assumed that both aircraft generate enough thrust to meet the power requirements of their respective radar systems.

Back
Top Bottom