What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Thanks ... by the way; no news about this new J-10C ?? No images ??

Deino :(

Number after 1050 is J10C

Sorry, but maybe I misunderstand Your post. Do we know the number of this new prototype ?

I know '1021' (most likely the former '201') is the first J-10C, but the question is: Is the aircraft just flown in fact '1051' re-engined with that new "Taihang" or a new aircraft ?

As such to know the number would help a lot.

Deino

Sorry, but maybe I misunderstand Your post. Do we know the number of this new prototype ?

I know '1021' (most likely the former '201') is the first J-10C, but the question is: Is the aircraft just flown in fact '1051' re-engined with that new "Taihang" or a new aircraft ?

As such to know the number would help a lot.

Deino
201 and 202 have been repainted to 1051 and 1052

201 and 202 have been repainted to 1051 and 1052

But do we have images of both !

As far as I know, the only image of '202' was a clearly photoshopped image of '201' and even more CAC has so far never used the "2" in its prototype series: it was always '1001' & '1003' for the J-10A, '1021' & '1023' for the J-10AS, '1031' & '1033' for the J-10B ... since the second aircraft was usually a structural airframe.

As such a '102' = '1052' would really surprise me !

Deino

WS-10 was completed,no Al-31FN
http://www.aeronautics.ru/news/news002/news095.htm

Extent of Russian involvement in the J-10 program is significant. In addition to providing the J-10 with the Al-31FN turbojet Russia also offered advanced multifunction radars, navigation and targeting systems, ECM suite, and missile warning and defense systems. Russian avionics manufacturer Phazotron offered China three different radars for the J-10 project. These include the N010 "Zhuk" ("Beetle") and the RP-35 "Zhemchug" ("Pearls"). The "Zhuk" radar ("Zhuk-8-II") has been selected by China for the F-8IIM upgrade program. Over a hundred of these radars were recently sold to China.

"Zhuk" is a large family of X-band (8 to 12.5 GHz) airborne multimode radars. The radar was originally developed for the MiG-29 tactical fighter but since then a multitude of versions have been produced for MiG-23, Su-27, F-8IIM and other aircraft. Later models of "Zhuk" offer look-up/look-down range-while-search and Track-While-Scan of 10 targets with simultaneous engagement of up to four (two targets for the "Zhuk-8-II"); vertical search; head-up display search; wide-angle search; boresight and automatic terrain avoidance for low-altitude combat operations; real beam ground-mapping; Doppler beam sharpening; synthetic aperture; display enlargement/freeze; TWS on four targets; ground target Moving Target Indicator (MTI)/tracker; air-to-surface ranging and navigation update. Weapons compatibility for "Zhuk" includes the Kh-31A, R-27R1, R-27T1, R-37E and RW-AE missiles. Later models of "Zhuk" such as the "Zhuk-F" offer detection range of up to 200km for a 5 m2 RCS targets with +/- 70 deg angular coverage and detection of 24 targets with simultaneous tracking of 8 targets. The radar weighs between 180 kg and 300 kg depending on the model.

The most likely candidate for the J-10's future radar is the Phazotron RP-35 "Zhemchug" which is an X-band radar with digital fire-control sensors and an electronically scanning phased-array antenna. The radar features a liquid-cooled traveling wave tube transmitter; an exciter; a three channel microwave receiver and programmable signal and data processors. All critical radar controls for "Zhemchug" are integrated into the aircraft's throttle grip and stick controller and radar data is displayed via the head-up and head-down displays allowing for one-man operation. This radar has an expanded air-to-ground capability and is compatible with a wide range of Russian air-to-air and air-to-ground munitions.

Another candidate is the Chinese version of the Israeli Elta EL/M-2035 multimode pulse Doppler fire control radar based on the original development by Elta Electronics Industries - a subsidiary of Israel Aircraft Industries Electronics Group. This radar is used on the South African Denel (Atlas) "Cheetah" fighter - a development of the Dassault "Mirage III". The Elta EL/M-2035 radar is based on the 2021B version used by the IAI Kfir-C2 fighter. The radar offers a range of 46km for a 5 m2 RCS target, five air-to-air modes (automatic target acquisition, boresight, look-down, look-up, and track-while-scan) and two air-to-ground modes (beam-sharpened ground mapping and terrain avoidance and sea-search). Originally the Elta EL/M-2035 was developed for the "Lavi" program and after the program's cancellation the radar was offered for export.

Is Pakistan getting J 10B or Not
What Happen to the deal or it is dead???????????????

Does anyone have a larger image of this one ???

Seems as if the typical "supporting rods" above this J-10's intake were modified or even removed.

J-10ASH no. 18 + new intake.jpg

... another one ... given their typical ferry-configuration I assume they are ready for delivery !

So come on Adam Y. ... just tell me that number !

J-10B ready for delivery - 29.9.15 - 2.jpg

Last edited:
Into the 3rd regiment。:D

May I ask how confirmed this is ?? ... I'm more than eagerly awaiting this information !

So, 3. AR means 1. Fighter Division at Anshan and they are replacing the former J-8Fs at Anshan making the 1. FD with the 1. AR = J-11B/BS, 2. AR = J-10A/AS and now 3. AR = J-10B a formidable fighter unit !

Deino

October 1. in CHina already !!!

And now the question is: is this a J-10C .. or "only" a block 2 J-10B !??

J-10C 203 - 1.10.15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom