What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Guys, whats the major difference between J-10B & J-10C ??
Radar, the radar on J-10B is a PESA.

This is the public consensus, but if you go back a few pages there's this one particular person who does not agree.

Also a piece of (EW?) equipment located on the tail that is on J-10B is not present on J-10C.

Other than that and they are nearly indentical from the outside. I'm not sure about this one but the arrangement of antennas are different between the two.

Guys, whats the major difference between J-10B & J-10C ??

Hu ... besides the question "what engine does the J-20 uses" the probably most often asked question here !

Most of all the c uses an AESA + more refined, more capable avionics whereas - and here I do not want to re-open that discussion - B used at least in the beginnings a PESA.

Both are however still using the AL-31FN series 3.

J-10B vs C details.jpg
J-10B vs J-10C.jpg

Hu ... besides the question "what engine does the J-20 uses" the probably most often asked question here !

Most of all the c uses an AESA + more refined, more capable avionics whereas - and here I do not want to re-open that discussion - B used at least in the beginnings a PESA.

View attachment 365261 View attachment 365262

These are just slight variations, don't understand why giving it a totally new designation as it brings confusion.

View attachment 365261 View attachment 365262

hahahahahhahahaa, don't worry as i have no issues with engines as I know if not today, tomorrow the Chinese will have their own engines and this one bottleneck in their aviation industry will be solved.

With the strides the Chinese aviation industry has taken in last 1 decade, is itself awesome and commendable.

But the difference you pointed out and other member who clarified are not that big that proper designations are changed or are these B & C designations by non-official aviation enthusiasts ??

Now we also have J-10D as per @cirr

About J-10D:

(Drastic?)changes in exterior
More stealthy
Longer range
More advanced avionics, radars etc

:-)

These are just slight variations, don't understand why giving it a totally new designation as it brings confusion.

hahahahahhahahaa, don't worry as i have no issues with engines as I know if not today, tomorrow the Chinese will have their own engines and this one bottleneck in their aviation industry will be solved.

With the strides the Chinese aviation industry has taken in last 1 decade, is itself awesome and commendable.

But the difference you pointed out and other member who clarified are not that big that proper designations are changed or are these B & C designations by non-official aviation enthusiasts ??

Indeed and even more the fact that no new construction umbers were allocated - all Batch 01 are J-10B and all Batch 02 are J-10C - let me have some minor doubts. However the general consensus seems to be that it is simply that way.

Concerning the J-10D ... I'm really eager to learn more. Maybe a twin-seater J-10C + CFTs ???

Hopefully soon this year.

Deino

Omg J10D???

Are you kiddin me

So 53 x J10B and 55 x J10C identified so far ?

Indeed and even more the fact that no new construction umbers were allocated - all Batch 01 are J-10B and all Batch 02 are J-10C - let me have some minor doubts. However the general consensus seems to be that it is simply that way.

Concerning the J-10D ... I'm really eager to learn more. Maybe a twin-seater J-10C + CFTs ???

Deino
off topic , could you explain me how to determine the weight class (heavy,medium,light) of jet with given specification...i there any relation with power of engine or MTOW ??

Deino

How about EOTS/EODAS for starters?

Employment of plasma technology for enhanced stealthness is another Possibility.(Note the capital letter) :lol:

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive. :D:D

094131d9dtkik0kdwi9jbp.jpg

Last edited:

Employment of plasma technology for enhanced stealthness is another Possibility.(Note the capital letter) :lol:

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive. :D:D

094131d9dtkik0kdwi9jbp.jpg

Expected time frame for rollout? How close is it to prototype stage?

About J-10D:
(Drastic?)changes in exterior
More stealthy
Longer range
More advanced avionics, radars etc

Employment of plasma technology for enhanced stealthness is another Possibility.(Note the capital letter)

The rumour mill has gone into overdrive.

A J-10D with stealth shaping and internal bays would be an incredible stealth aircraft.

Compare the frontal cross section of the F-35 with the J-10B.
F-35-front.jpg

J-10B-Prototype-1S.jpg

The F-35 is fat and wide. The J-10B is slim.
Both have DSI. But the F-35 has two inlets compared to one on the J-10B.

Another possibility is that the J-10D turns out to be this.
J-XX.JPG

The J-20 doesn't have a gun port probably because it's not optimized to be a dogfighter. If that is the case, a smaller, single-engine stealth fighter would make sense.

A J-10D with stealth shaping and internal bays would be an incredible stealth aircraft.

Compare the frontal cross section of the F-35 with the J-10B.
View attachment 366290
View attachment 366291

The F-35 is fat and wide. The J-10B is slim.

View attachment 366292

The J-20 doesn't have a gun port probably because it's not optimized to be a dogfighter. If that is the case, a smaller, single-engine stealth fighter would make sense.
highly unlikely considering many efforts from Americans and Russians to build a froward swept wings fighter, but still opted for a conventional swept wing in the end. Maybe China will build a demonstrator, but don't think it will get a production run.

Never ! What You are proposing would be a new aircraft with a completely new structure. It would be as ridiculous as these wet-dreams by some Pakistani fan boys to simply "enlarge" the JF-17 by adding a second RD-93 or also a WS-10.

If the J-10D comes out it will surely be some sort of evolution, but surely not that revolution You suggested.

Deino

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom