What's new

Charlie Hebdo and India's Daughter: Indian version of Freedom of Speech

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JE SUIS CHARLIE!

Not. Where are the champions of freedom of speech who were all worked up to defend wests right to mock and insult muslisms but can't put up with a simple documentary on the rape culture prevalent in India?

Do they support Freedom of speech only when it suits them? One needs to only go through the disgusting remarks Indian politicians are making, about Britain and BBC and how it is all a western controversy, to understand that there is no freedom of speech in India. Or only a twisted version of it.

simple documentary on the rape culture prevalent in India?

A pakistani talking about rape in india? Let me show you just one statistic:

Rape conviction rates: India- 20%. UK - 10% Pakistan - 0%

what does this tell you? rapists in india are caught and jailed more frequently than in the UK. and of course in pakistan, no rapists are ever caught as long as you have the license
A license to rape - Blogs - DAWN.COM

actually, If we go by reported rape statistics, India has one of the lowest rates of rape in the world, sensationalist coverage notwithstanding. Here are the top 15 countries of the world by rapes per 100,000 people

700x481x012.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LlIIoIM-ZT.jpg

and this holds even when you account for the fact that 75% rapes in india go unreported (as opposed to 99.99% in pakistan) and 50% rape claims are false

so then,
What should you know as a pakistani?
you should be aware that in pakistan, 99.99% of the rapes are not reported and there is absolutely no media coverage for the ones that are (very much unlike indian media). one reason being that by law, the rape victim has to produce 4 male muslim witnesses to testify to the rape or else risk getting stoned to death for adultery.

Last edited:
Where are the champions of freedom of speech who were all worked up to defend wests right to mock and insult muslisms but can't put up with a simple documentary on the rape culture prevalent in India?
right-here-i-am.jpg

If the film makers deliberately broke laws while they made the documentary, how is banning the film from airing on TV against free speech?

Yeah but notice that we didn't kill the BBC crew. Therein lies the difference.

Yeah but notice that we didn't kill the BBC crew. Therein lies the difference.
I guess everyone should be glad then, that at least you guys didn't kill them. Good job if that's the standard you are aiming for.

Now u are really pushing it.Fair enough

"On 12 July 2013, Council of Islamic Ideology of Pakistan dismissed DNA tests as evidence for rapes, and declared that without witnesses no rapes would be recognized."

No Witnesses? No Rape, Says Pakistan’s Islamic Council · Global Voices
No wonder there are no rapes in pakistan.

As for stats
Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa.[28][126]

Spend ur time on something productive.

As I replied to you in another thread OP, ask BBC about Jimmy Savile.

JE SUIS CHARLIE!

Not. Where are the champions of freedom of speech who were all worked up to defend wests right to mock and insult muslisms but can't put up with a simple documentary on the rape culture prevalent in India?

Do they support Freedom of speech only when it suits them? One needs to only go through the disgusting remarks Indian politicians are making, about Britain and BBC and how it is all a western controversy, to understand that there is no freedom of speech in India. Or only a twisted version of it.

You have already been answered in another thread. FoE does not mean you can flout norms and break laws.

Besides, if you are so for FoE, what's your problem with Indians trashing the poor propaganda of BBC which itself stifles and censors things it does not like?

"On 12 July 2013, Council of Islamic Ideology of Pakistan dismissed DNA tests as evidence for rapes, and declared that without witnesses no rapes would be recognized."

No Witnesses? No Rape, Says Pakistan’s Islamic Council · Global Voices
No wonder there are no rapes in pakistan.
Is the topic of the thread RAPE IN PAKISTAN? Is Pakistan the focus of India's Daughter? Please don't make off-topic posts. You can start a new thread on the rape cases in Pakistan, i would be happy to debate you. But posting off-topic is against the rules.
As for stats
Adjusted for population growth over time, the annual rape rate in India has increased from 1.9 to 2.0 per 100,000 people over 2008-2012 period. This compares to a reported rape rate of 1.2 per 100,000 in Japan, 3.6 per 100,000 in Morocco, 4.6 rapes per 100,000 in Bahrain, 12.3 per 100,000 in Mexico, 24.1 per 100,000 in United Kingdom, 28.6 per 100,000 in United States, 66.5 per 100,000 in Sweden, and world's highest rate of 114.9 rapes per 100,000 in South Africa.[28][126]
You know it, i know it, and everyone else knows it. Rape is just not reported enough in places like India. It is a shame problem.
Also, i am talking about freedom of speech. If rape cases are far and few as you claim, then you should debate the accusers instead of banning the documentary. The film makers have the right to express their opinion, that is the essence of freedom of speech. Or is Rape not included in freedom of speech?

JE SUIS CHARLIE!

ONE Kills and the other DOES NOT Kill. Get the difference? Or the lives of non believers has no value?

As I replied to you in another thread OP, ask BBC about Jimmy Savile.
I will give the same reply i gave you in that other thread. The british media ripped apart Jimmy Saville, it was literally a witch hunt. So you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

I guess everyone should be glad then, that at least you guys didn't kill them. Good job if that's the standard you are aiming for.
Sorry, did not read this. Yes, that is a good standard to follow. We have banned a number of things in India - narcotics, cannibalism, smuggling... etc. You wouldn't know...pretty modus operandi for civilized states (or at least wannabe civilized states).

ONE Kills and the other DOES NOT Kill. Get the difference? Or the lives of non believers has no value?
How does that equate to freedom of speech? It's ok to ban them from screen the documentary as long as we don't kill them? Is that the standard you are going for?
If the film makers deliberately broke laws while they made the documentary, how is banning the film from airing on TV against free speech?
Interesting. Which laws did the film makers break?

JE SUIS CHARLIE!

What a great analogy. I liked it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom