What's new

Chandrayaan-2 to be launched in 2017

trident2010

Reaction score
Country
India
Chandrayaan-2 to be launched in 2017

Chandrayaan-2, India’s second lunar exploration mission, would be launched during 2017, M. Annadurai, project director of Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, said.
Chandrayaan-I, India’s first mission to moon, was launched successfully on October 22, 2008 from Sriharikota.
Annadurai was answering questions from students while taking part in the Salem High School Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Students also posed questions to him relating to the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) which was launched from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on board the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on November 5 last year with an aim to reach the red planet’s atmosphere by September 24.

Chandrayaan-2 to be launched in 2017 - The Hindu

Good to know. Projects like these help push the existing technologies to the next level.

Too late for.............?

Do you know something we don't? Is the world coming to an end in 2016 or something?

I do not believe any rubbish of Earth End, I am not freaky at all;
the chandrayan-1 sent in 2008, and hence the eight yrs gape is huge, cause it was heard the chandrayaan-2 will be sent on 2012 or 2014.

The reason of Late is found in the wiki article of chandrayaan-2 and that is as under:

Lander
Unlike Chandrayaan-1's lunar probe, which impacted the Moon's surface, the lander will make a soft landing.[17] The approximate mass of the lander and rover is 1,250 kg. Initially, the lander was slated to be developed by Russia in collaboration with India. When Russia stated its inability provide the lander to meet even the revised time frame of 2015, Indian officials decided to develop the lander independently. The cancellation of the Russian lander also meant that mission profile had to be changed. The design of the indigenous lander and the preliminary configuration study has been completed by the Space Applications Centre (SAC) in Ahmedabad.

I do not believe any rubbish of Earth End, I am not freaky at all;
the chandrayan-1 sent in 2008, and hence the eight yrs gape is huge, cause it was heard the chandrayaan-2 will be sent on 2012 or 2014.

The reason of Late is found in the wiki article of chandrayaan-2 and that is as under:

Lander
Unlike Chandrayaan-1's lunar probe, which impacted the Moon's surface, the lander will make a soft landing.[17] The approximate mass of the lander and rover is 1,250 kg. Initially, the lander was slated to be developed by Russia in collaboration with India. When Russia stated its inability provide the lander to meet even the revised time frame of 2015, Indian officials decided to develop the lander independently. The cancellation of the Russian lander also meant that mission profile had to be changed. The design of the indigenous lander and the preliminary configuration study has been completed by the Space Applications Centre (SAC) in Ahmedabad.

O mere bhai... why you said too late?

late for what? if you just mean schedule pushed back, then no problems. Now or then happens, but the important thing is to do the mission.

the schedule may have been pushed back, but the program-me is still as prestigious and scientifically great as before.

O mere bhai... why you said too late?

late for what? if you just mean schedule pushed back, then no problems. Now or then happens, but the important thing is to do the mission.

the schedule may have been pushed back, but the program-me is still as prestigious and scientifically great as before.[/quo

Are bhai Agar Russia se Lander mil jata to jaldi kaam ho jata,,suna tha 2012 ki yarikh thi Not at all Negative view, yaar itna to lpg troller ki bhi nahi khichte :)

I guess we can expect some British whining in 2017 too..

Back
Top Bottom