Caste System ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconlover

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Is there Caste system in Pakistan ? if so how it it compared to that of India

There are casts in Pakistan but there is no 'cast system'. Casts are slowly eradicating and will cease to exist in another generation's time. They won't be visible anymore.

I know Siddhaqis and Syeds consider themselves superiors to other Muslims

@t_for_talli

Syeds don't consider themselves as 'superiors', they get respect from zealousts. "Most" syeds are fake.

What is 'Saddiqui's' , never heard of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sorry no cast system in Pakistan

Allah's (SWT) Messenger eradicated the problem of racial or colour discrimination so successfully that superiority is not by birth or colour or blood, but by God-fearing and righteousness.

No caste system

You are black skinned or white skinned when you pray in mosque its same and so their is no caste system :P

There is rich / poor but no caste :P not India
On my passport says Pakistani , no cast mentioned

Similarly when I go to restaurant I do not ask who made my food or check cast of who prepared my food etc

Nor when I apply for apartment rental no one denies me residence based no my background , I pay rent sign lease I get property as long as I have job

India
castesys.jpg

Pakistan
No pyramid all are equally facing load shedding

A self study is easy on youtube, Caste Wars - India
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPHHcJHqXOc

However I would like to believe modern youth are more open minded

India: -> Importance of caste in passport renewal!
(Lawyer's club India)

From Indian gentleman experiencing difficulties

Here is a story of Indian man whose grandfather died and he wanted to renew his passport , first thing the officer asked was his caste .. then his experience becomes bad

In Pakistan when people had issues it was normally due to request for bribes but since we modernized our Passport system to digital format the process is MODERN and lightening fast

The reason for post is not to disrespect but to shed light that we do not see caste as an issue in Pakistan as we do not have concept of caste as its considered illegal

Pakistan's main issue is lack of education and availability of quality education for mases
and poor quality of teachers in general at Senior Levels

India: -> Importance of caste in passport renewal!

From Indian gentleman experiencing difficulties

Here is a story of Indian man whose grandfather died and he wanted to renew his passport , first thing the officer asked was his cast .. then his experience becomes bad

In Pakistan when people had issues it was normally due to request for bribes but since we modernized our Passport system to digital format the process is MODERN and lightening fast

About as relevant as asking whether one is Shia or Sunni (not Ahmadiyya who officially get the boot). That is an individual's opinion, if reported he could be sacked or disciplined at the least.

I am simply answering the question , no we do not have Caste system , as much as some would like to believe :)

Shia / Sunni are muslims , ahmadiya are different religion however they are not caste just not Muslim.According to Pakistani Passport , and we respect the decision by our courts and lawmakers

However its not a caste its just different religion

It would be somewhat of caste if I had said Ahmadiya are only good for cleaning my car, or perhaps being servants in my home etc

Normally all religions get equal rights to work in jobs so that is why I say their is no caste system in Pakistan

Forcing a particular group to do meaningless jobs promotes the culture of caste , jobs are distributed between many regions and group of peoples

I know Siddhaqis and Syeds consider themselves superiors to other Muslims

Maybe in India that happens :omghaha:

Whenever I see a Syed I automatically think "fake"...

caste system exists in pakistan even among muslims.

Yes caste system exists but only as surnames now...
Where caste system might be truly practiced in Pakistan is in southeastern Sindh, but even there its not strict because of Islamic customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom