What's new

Career in the ISI

If you are asking about females in Intelligence department then be it IB or ISI, most of the time females prefer desk jobs. however sometimes you are also tasked to keep a tab on fellow officer or other officials, you won't see them working in sensitive areas or sensitive assignments. by desk jobs comes - compiling reports, doing admin related work, or as an analyst.

However if you talk about CSS then this is totally different, it is like whole different work, in CSS you get to choose Service group and then you have to compete for that, the top among the women are PAS ( Pakistan Administrative Services ) , Foreign Service, Auditing and Accounts, Pakistan Customs, Inland Revenue

Why is that though, for the ISI and IB?

If by that you mean female spies/agents then yes, offcourse they employ them too.

I am sorry, just curious. How well trained are the female spies and are they only used for honey traps or also given good, sensitive projects to work on as well?

How come, you know stuff like that about the CIA, Mossad and other spy agencies, but very little seems to be known about the ISI.

cause agency is good in protecting its secrecy perhaps..

do you think that's going to change anytime soon?

I don't see it happening in near future.If you are talking about a female spy like "ALIAS", sorry to say that happens only in movies. Female officers do go for foreign missions like staff to a diplomat or posted in the embassy. The problem is I never met a female intelligence officer, what I know is through friends working in the organizations. Be it male or female both of them go through same type of training, length of training is unknown, people i know even refused to tell me, but i think it varies from 8-12 months.

I don't see it happening in near future.If you are talking about a female spy like "ALIAS", sorry to say that happens only in movies. Female officers do go for foreign missions like staff to a diplomat or posted in the embassy. The problem is I never met a female intelligence officer, what I know is through friends working in the organizations. Be it male or female both of them go through same type of training, length of training is unknown, people i know even refused to tell me, but i think it varies from 8-12 months.

Oh! Thank you so much, I was just very curious about this. One last question though, how conservative is the agency when it comes to women and just in general as well?From the people I seem to know it seems pretty conservative, but it's hard to assume that to be the case overall because they are mostly from the older generation. Sorry haha I keep on asking so many questions :P

Dear Seniors

Any idea about the expected new vacancies in MoD???
I want to communicate with seniors through private message but the website does not allow me .
Kindly suggest me how to contact....

How come, you know stuff like that about the CIA, Mossad and other spy agencies, but very little seems to be known about the ISI.

They operate under different set of rules than many other agencies around the world. Try asking a 100 Pakistanis who know Pakistan well, if they know where the ISI HQ is, you will get dozens of different answers, or no answers at all.You cannot find any ISI agent on camera available in public domain. Extreme secrecy is a golden rule in ISI, which should explain their track record success. One of my family friends worked with the intelligence [don't know which agency], his family only found out when he died [killed]. Besides all intel outfits are created to do the dirty work of a state, the more secretive they are the better, there are no medals, no movies...that bit lies in fiction.

Back
Top Bottom