What's new

Canik TP9-SFX: New budget 9mm masterpiece from Turkey.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Revealed at Shot Show 2016

854x480_837485.jpg
Canik_TP9sfx_featured-670x446.jpg
12523815_552220531620208_1600183045_n.jpg

tp9-sfx-list-16-67.jpg

TP9 SFx | Products | CANİK

Last edited:
I think that big 9X19 mark must be a mistake right?

Its a handgun competition pistol designed specifically to run various optics and accessories. Its basically a tactical version of TP9-SF operated by Turkish Police.

It is look like target pistol used in competition but that pistols chambered .22 not 9mm rounds. Nice mean looking thing. But i thing their main purpose is practice or target shooting not for serving in armed forces or police.

It doesn't.

I know this pistol chambered 9mm rounds just giving my opinion that it looks like .22 competition pistol.

Then again you can always pick a TP-9SF. The SA model is available in Pakistan for ~ 60,000. The SF hasn't yet arrived here but might cost the same.

I know this pistol chambered 9mm rounds just giving my opinion that it looks like .22 competition pistol.

Yawn :D

I don't like fiber glass or plastic infused weapons, my first choice will be .32 revolver for self protection. Quick and the deadly, just take out and fire best self defense weapon is revolver only.
106449_02_arminius_32_revolver_640.jpg

I don't like fiber glass or plastic infused weapons, my first choice will be .32 revolver for self protection. Quick and the deadly, just take out and fire best self defense weapon is revolver only.

I agree. I carried a Glock 19 for awhile. Very good, full proof sidearm......but I just couldn't love it. No beauty. I prefer the S&W Model 10-5

12154179_1.jpg

Aren't polymers light weight and easy to carry ?

For tradition and personal choice perspective you may carry a bazooka. Modern polymer handguns are the only option for a serious shooter from a tactical and operational perspective.

But not looks rigid like the old ones all metal and little wood, even they are not for life weapons but the old full metal things lasts for generations. exmp merey Dada G ki Bandook :lol:

Beside .32 revolver i like 357 magnum
11016570_1.jpg

That's for classic kind of collections but I meant as you also described earlier, just for self protection. Carrying heavy weapons is not practical in that case.
.357 is a beauty, no doubt.

But not looks rigid like the old ones all metal and little wood, even they are not for life weapons but the old full metal things lasts for generations. exmp merey Dada G ki Bandook :lol:

Beside .32 revolver i like 357 magnum
11016570_1.jpg

Canik TP-9 is the police service pistol one of which passed the tests of Turkish Police. Others failed:) Especially SARSILMAZ Co. which is very rude and moody to customers couldnt pass the tests.

The Turkish gunsmiths say "The Canik produces reliable pistols for democratic prices".

Indeed Canik has better quality and more reliable mechanism than other Turkish pistols.

Stoeger-Cougar also has a reliable mechanism and good quality due to Italian Beretta license.

The Tisas, Girsan, Sarsilmaz and others are the worst companies have been producing the worst pistols in Europe.

Last edited:
As a Canadian, my go to weapon is Justin Beiber. If a criminal enters my house, I blare his music, and the criminal simply melts into a puddle of flesh and torment.

Who needs a gun, when you got the power of absolutely terrible Cthulian music?

As a Canadian, my go to weapon is Justin Beiber. If a criminal enters my house, I blare his music, and the criminal simply melts into a puddle of flesh and torment.

Who needs a gun, when you got the power of absolutely terrible Cthulian music?

Don't you canadians have an open door policy? I visited a friend on vacation, and he always left his door unlocked.. even his neighbours too.

Don't you canadians have an open door policy? I visited a friend on vacation, and he always left his door unlocked.. even his neighbours too.
Mostly true. We lock up at night, but our neighborhoods tend to be safe enough to keep our doors open all day.

Thus, my joke.

Open door policy depends on development in a country. Doors are closed and locked at night time, but during morning until late evening (in summer time way past 19:00) the doors would be open for neighbours and such. People would be more polite and call out before entering, announcing their presence to the people inside.

Nowadays ppl from the street, strangers might just crash in, and god know what they'll do.

Open door policy depends on development in a country. Doors are closed and locked at night time, but during morning until late evening (in summer time way past 19:00) the doors would be open for neighbours and such. People would be more polite and call out before entering, announcing their presence to the people inside.

Nowadays ppl from the street, strangers might just crash in, and god know what they'll do.

Wellcomeб the representive of Sarsilmaz Co which can not produce reliable pistols that couldnt pass the test of Turkish Police:)
The situation exact opposite: The companies should be polite to the their customers .
Sarsilmaz is the company which has the worst customer relition ship in Turkey. They dont respect yhe Turkish customers.

We always appreciate the firms which produce reliable and cheap pistols like a CANIK and a STOEGER.

Stoeger wasnt invited because of the foreign capital, Only Canik TP-9 passed the tests, Sarsilmaz failed and others even didnt want to attend at the tests.
glock_vs_tp9sa_2_zpsl0fx1dgg.jpg

Glock_vs_TP9SA_5_zps52nnltn8.jpg

Lets listen to Uncle Hickok

Last edited:
IMG_1900-660x440.jpg

When the Editors sent out the Canik, I was in a profound state of “meh.” “Whop-de-doo,” I thought, “I can only write so much on so little substance.” Ignoring my original outlook, They sent me the gun anyways. With complete apathy, I received it and opened the box only to be surprised. Contained within that package was the first handgun I believe can out “Glock” and Glock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Glock (Verb)

1. To be inexpensive yet utterly pragmatic
  2. To be high build quality yet only OK ergonomics
  3. To be low priced and high value.
Overview:

The Canick TP9 SF is the latest installment in the TP9 series of handguns, which have actually been in the US for some time. Imported from Turkey by Century Arms International, the base platform has come in waves of a few iterations. The original TP9 looked like a P99 but had a quirky trigger pull. From there the TP9 SA used a striker-fired design but came with an unusual decocking mechanism and with it being single-action only, fell flat in the US market for fears of decoking the handgun accidentally.

Now up and refreshed for the US market is the TP9 SF, of which SF standards for (you guessed it) “Special Forces”. In short, it’s the same handgun as the TP9 SA, but it gets rid of that pesky decocker or “kill switch” as Tim at Military Arms Channel so eloquently described it.

The TP9 SF is a 18+1 9mm Luger double-stack, striker-fired handgun. Barrel length comes in at 4.46”, height at 5.7”, total length at 7.5” and width at 1.35”. Weight is 1.83 lbs (empty). Compared to the G17, the handgun has higher capacity, is slightly wider, slightly shorter, slightly taller, and .3 lbs heavier, unloaded. It wins some and loses some.

IMG_1936-660x440.jpg

Features, Fit, & Finish

Starting off, the handgun arrives in a cut-foam box container keeping all the contents within organized. The handgun arrives with a BlackHawk SERPA-style holster, two magazines, a magazine loading tool, bigger replaceable backstrap, cleaning tool, manuals, lock, etc. all tucked away which is a welcome change from the Glock, where it seems haphazardly thrown together into a plastic case.

The magazines are made by Mec-Gar specifically for the TP9 series. The mags are backwards compatible with all previous TP9 editions and magazines.MSRP for extra mags is $25.99. The fine checkered release is factory-installed for right-hand release (on the left side, looking from the rear) and is reversible for release on the left-side. The slide stop is left-side only but elongated towards the front and rear for easy thumb actuation to both stop and release the slide.
IMG_1928-660x440.jpg
IMG_1926-660x440.jpg

IMG_1941-660x440.jpg

Field strip is very similar to other full-size striker-fired handguns and requires that one pull the trigger to disassemble. Once the striker is released, pull down on the big tabs and with a solid click the slide will release and is capable of being removed. From there, remove the metal guide rod with its flat-wire spring and the barrel pulls out easily. Reassembly is the exact opposite.

IMG_1931-660x440.jpg

Assembled, the handgun looks big, mostly due to its height, almost reminiscent of a Sig P320, but with the M&P slim slide front. Finish on the slide looks to be a Salt Bath Nitride with a bead blasted finish, leaving it semi-gloss. No machine marks are present and the stylized engraving is a nice touch. Good thing the engraving looks good, as the right side of the slide is festooned with legally required markings, more so than a Caspian 1911 race-gun. At the top is a loaded chamber indicator and at the rear is a striker-ready indicator, which is actually the rear of the striker itself. On the right hand side is an external extractor, machined to follow the slides lines. The barrel is match grade barrels with button cut rifling and allows the use of cast lead rounds without the risk of long-term lead fouling.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom