What's new

Canadienne military Picture thread/funny video

liontk

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Good day gentleman, this is a thread in the working. Lately in the forum , there has been alot of stereotyping and some even considering Canadian military as irrelevant. Fact is Canada is second largest country on the face of this planet, and with an economiè over a trillion and a member of G7/NATO, we are not minnows as some have claimed in the past.

This thread will highlight canadienne military equipment that we use and is common knowledge but some may not have known previously. Also I will add a funny video too , if I can find it of my buddy getting a morning inspection, probably towards the end of the thread.(good times)

stock-illustration-1949661-canada-nato-vector.jpg

nato-otan.jpg

canada-and-natos-libyan-missions_50290bcbe8fa8.gif

Shadwick-1.jpg
Leopard2A6M_Canada_02.jpg
6848394119_2e14339068_z.jpg

Lepard 1 (C)
300px-NZLAV_2009.jpg

LAV III (fear)
More updates to come:)

BIG GUNS, start with LG1 as french make the best stuff
ph431.jpg

giata.jpg

105_LG1_MKII_sdlfkj1.jpg

7865423966_d371fcf061_z.jpg

Now on to M777
ORD_M777s_Canadian_Firing_lg.jpg

M777_Afghan_2007.jpg

bigscreenM777.jpg

I'm sorry, whenever I think of French Canadian military, I think of this

on a separate note. We canceled the F35 order, what is your opinion on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, whenever I think of French Canadian military, I think of this

on a separate note. We canceled the F35 order, what is your opinion on that?

man failure is part of military, no weapon system is perfect and having served my time people underestimate our training. In kandahar we had the toughest district and we held off the taliban with barely 3000 man, while the americanne now have over 10000 soldiers in that region and still no control and violence is up. With our considerable less funding, we can get the job done while yanks and chinois spends billions on there military and yet there soldiers can't even soldier up. As far as training goes, for winter warfare everybody come here even the americanne for training. We lead in winter warfare course around the world arguably on par or better than russie.

As far as F-35 goes, it is not made for our type of environment after the turks cancled their order, most likely we will follow the same route and in my opinion euro fighter is perfect for the canadienne artic environment, where you seriously need two engines period. Though that can be debated!!!!

man failure is part of military, no weapon system is perfect and having served my time people underestimate our training. In kandahar we had the toughest district and we held off the taliban with barely 3000 man, while the americanne now have over 10000 soldiers in that region and still no control and violence is up. With our considerable less funding, we can get the job done while yanks and chinois spends billions on there military and yet there soldiers can't even soldier up. As far as training goes, for winter warfare everybody come here even the americanne for training. We lead in winter warfare course around the world arguably on par or better than russie.

As far as F-35 goes, it is not made for our type of environment after the turks cancled their order, most likely we will follow the same route and in my opinion euro fighter is perfect for the canadienne artic environment, where you seriously need two engines period. Though that can be debated!!!!

Honestly, I was really surprised that Harper canceled the order since he is like 1000% pro US.
And I don't know if Canada has the balls to buy planes from someone else who is not America.
At the moment it just looks like we are stuck with the old CF-18s until the US offers a more attractive plane.

Honestly, I was really surprised that Harper canceled the order since he is like 1000% pro US.
And I don't know if Canada has the balls to buy planes from someone else who is not America.
At the moment it just looks like we are stuck with the old CF-18s until the US offers a more attractive plane.
for now but we are spending alot of tax dollars and we want a product that will suit our needs for next generation and we have to make sure there is accountability for everything @Rusty. People always complain when military spending is up, even though our men /women in boots are getting 2nd tier equipment until harper came to power, alot of modernization has happened. As far as CF-18 go, we can still drag them for another decade before we have to replace them.

for now but we are spending alot of tax dollars and we want a product that will suit our needs for next generation and we have to make sure there is accountability for everything @Rusty. People always complain when military spending is up, even though our men /women in boots are getting 2nd tier equipment until harper came to power, alot of modernization has happened. As far as CF-18 go, we can still drag them for another decade before we have to replace them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we need the best of the best. Canada does not bully countries around the world so no one really wants to pick a fight with us.
I just think that we should be open to weapons system from all countries, including Russia and China.
We can get military equipment that meets our needs from China or Russia at a fraction of the price.
Unfortunately big brother won't allow that to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we need the best of the best. Canada does not bully countries around the world so no one really wants to pick a fight with us.
I just think that we should be open to weapons system from all countries, including Russia and China.
We can get military equipment that meets our needs from China or Russia at a fraction of the price.
Unfortunately big brother won't allow that to happen.

Look I do not want to burst the bubble, having looking at both pros and cons, aside from japonaise, I would object to buying anything chinois or russe unless it meets NATO standard. Not only there technology is inferior, its not up to NATO standerd and people are going to hate me for saying this. Sure they are making strides but it still not up to par and as for technology advancement, I would love to purchase more german weaponry, in my opinion the world seriously underestimates there capabilities. it is simply marvellous the amount of work and tech research they put into each procurement. Also its not easy to switch to a different platform, NATO countries have a common standard and there is more tech share than meets the eye, so it will be difficult to make a platform change 50 years later.Also we allowed NEXEN to be purchased even though yanks were on our *** about it, so I think in terms of trade, i would definately like to trade more with the chinois and russe

Morning discipline, my friend was not having a great day and on top just was not prepared to inspection. Poor guy, in background my buddy(he can be abit annoying good guy though) and I are laughing though that day our inspection weren't any better.

8_True_North_LR.jpg

1_eyewear.jpg

90_MM_Recoiless.jpg

ADATS.JPG

ARTLC%200401%20Graduation.jpg

Graduation woot!

Hitmen%20Mill%20App%20Night_0030.jpg

Hockey+Militaire=win

Ontheroad.JPG

Good morning l'europe

Back