What's new

Can I join the PAF?

The Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys and girls,
I'm a overseas British-Pakistani A - Level student whom is currently studying ; Accounting, Economics and Business Studies. I have my GCSE's (O-Levels) in Maths, English Language, Literature, Physics, Biology, etc (you get the jist of it...).

I am interested in joining as a General Duties Pilot. To what I have read online I have to do Physics and English in A -Levels. Is there any other way around with my A-Levels? I'm am expected to get 3 A's.

3 A wont matter. the equivalency board automatically takes down 10% of A level marks.

Then there is eyesight, then fitness, then clearance.

3 A wont matter. the equivalency board automatically takes down 10% of A level marks.

Then there is eyesight, then fitness, then clearance.
I think I meet the fitness and eye sight requirements. Will I be eligible with the subjects that I am studying at A Level?

I think I meet the fitness and eye sight requirements. Will I be eligible with the subjects that I am studying at A Level?

You need to have A's in Physics and Mathematics I guess, rest of the subjects doesn't matter.

You got lucky because you don't need to pass initial R/C tests (Primary) and can compete directly in ISSB.

Hi guys and girls,
I'm a overseas British-Pakistani A - Level student whom is currently studying ; Accounting, Economics and Business Studies. I have my GCSE's (O-Levels) in Maths, English Language, Literature, Physics, Biology, etc (you get the jist of it...).

I am interested in joining as a General Duties Pilot. To what I have read online I have to do Physics and English in A -Levels. Is there any other way around with my A-Levels? I'm am expected to get 3 A's.
Listen,You have got to give pak stud,islamiat and urdu in your GCE to be able to qualify for PAF.
You would have to convert the certificate of your gcses and alevels from IBCC,the have their office in islamabad.
GCSE equivalent is Matric in PAK,if you have given 8 subs,the total marks will be made from 800,A* is 90%,A is 85%,B is 75% ...you get the drift.
Alevel is equivalent in Pak is FSc
For that you need to give a minimum of 3 subs,which you already have given.
The marking scheme is same difference is in pak,FSc is totalled out of 1100,so GCSE and Alevel marks are combined.
You need to IBCC certificates to join forces and to have IBCC certificate you need to give pak stud,islamiat and urdu.

Source:Going through this currently;Self Experience.

A lot of people think think they meet fitness requirements in the military and law enforcement and then they get a rude awakening when they are actually subject to physical abilities standards. I have seen tons of people in great shape that failed.

Most Air forces require some type of exam, and many very smart college educated people fail, so it doesn't matter how great your grades in college were, how great of a shape you're in, if you can pass the exam then that's the end of it.

On top of that some people drop out of basic flight trained because it difficult.

Don't know what the process is in Pakistan but most places require.

-College degrees

-Outstanding grades

-Ability to meet physical ability standards

-Pass medical screenings

-Have no criminal history

-Ability to pass the writing test which many cant.

-Pass psychological tests (usually more then one)

-Sometimes take lie detectors

-Pass basic interview board (it's not as easy as it sounds)

-Pass background interview

-Pass basic flight training

-Pass a rigorous background check eg. family history, friends, relationships, passed employment, all known addresses, schools, tickets, police contacts, ect (a single lie will get you disqualified).

Back
Top Bottom