What's new

Burraq UCAV & Shahpur UAV inducted in Pakistani arsenal.

Guys, just to get it clarified. Shahpur and Burraq are of the same design, very very similar, but the dimensions of both are different and you can notice slight design change in their shapes / curves. Shahpur is small when compared to Burraq. Shahpur is more like for reconnaissance role, can be put in the same category as Falco but with some differences in performance parameters.

While Burraq is a UCAV based on the Chinese CH-3, but with some Pak / western toys. Engine is western, communication system would most probably be of Pak origin, the electro optical pod also seems to be Pak made Zumr-II showcased at recent IDEX-2013 having day/night capability with laser range finder and designator built in, but real origin or from the technology was gotten and how much of it still not known.

And it seems both the systems would be and have been inducted by the Army. PAF will stick with Falco UAV in their tactical UAV role, while Shahpar will do the tactical UAV job in the Army. Don't think PAF is for now inducting any UCAV.

Last edited:
Guo said that Pakistan had already purchased several CH-3 drones, but those have been now upgraded to CH-4 capability due to a service agreement they'd hatched together.

The latest CH-4 on display can be used for reconnaissance and combat, carries up to four precision-guided bombs, can reach an altitude of eight kilometers, has a range of 3,500 kilometers, and fly for up to 30 hours depending on how heavy a payload it is carrying.

The plot thickens ;)

China seeks drone buyers in developing countries | GlobalPost

The kill probability of a missile at such a high range will be pathetic. Not to mention if you want to do something like that, your UAV will have to carry an air to air radar, a very big one, to guide a missile at such long distances, Pakistan doesn't has such radars even for its frontline fighters. Even if it carries such a radar, it will be easily caught by the fighter RWR long before the fighter is itself caught by the UAV's radar and the UAV itself will be shot down. If UAV were any good in this role, people would already be using them. Instead world continues to rely on AWACS.

In short, using UAV against IAF fighters is pure fantasy.

Even now Pakistan can do that and your Navy will be in deep trouble because Scan Eagle UAV can be used for target acquisition and CM-400AKG can be guided by that because it carries multiple seeker as per requirement and China is also working on similar net centric warfare system in which all types of UAVs and Satellites will be sharing data and even US is very concerned about that.

Pakistan can use decoys as trap to high light CBGs air defense capacity and overwhelm their capacity, Pakistan is making many things which are under estimated or under the radar. Pakistani coastal defense is also being upgraded and it may be able to hit targets upto 600 kms.

Even now Pakistan can do that and your Navy will be in deep trouble because Scan Eagle UAV can be used for target acquisition and CM-400AKG can be guided by that because it carries multiple seeker as per requirement and China is also working on similar net centric warfare system in which all types of UAVs and Satellites will be sharing data and even US is very concerned about that.

Pakistan can use decoys as trap to high light CBGs air defense capacity and overwhelm their capacity, Pakistan is making many things which are under estimated or under the radar. Pakistani coastal defense is also being upgraded and it may be able to hit targets upto 600 kms.

Please ensure that you can read english well before replying to my post. I clearly said using UAVs against IAF is pure fantasy. I don't understand why you are talking about the navy here.

PS: The second paragraph of your post is also pure fantasy.

@Shadow Hunter: No, buddy its not, you don't know what I know trust me, you don't know Pakistanis and their potential. :pakistan:

And go read about Scan Eagle how small it is and how long endurance it has. Your CBG Radars will find it hard to detect if it fly low.

@Shadow Hunter: No, buddy its not, you don't know what I know trust me, you don't know Pakistanis and their potential. :pakistan:

And go read about Scan Eagle how small it is and how long endurance it has. Your CBG Radars will find it hard to detect if it fly low.

Ok.............

@Shadow Hunter: I think you should read those study reports which have made US Navy concerned about rise of China, it clearly said why UAVs will be a big headache to US Navy. Low / High tech UAVs will play important role in future warfare.

Also China have provided access to Satellites and their equivalent to GPS to Pakistan do u think they will not provide us access to their new satellite based radar and other stuff. Pakistan is their Israel and India should understand that to defend Israel to which extent US can go. :-)

BQI= Buraq blk1
13=2013
1=?? (probably) type
08=Serial/production number
1482828_692751557410366_1690389255_n.jpg

The FLIR is same as Shahper ! I've been too close to Shehper for 3 days at IDEAS'12.
But by looking at the FLIR one can compare both drones, Burraq is no doubt larger than Shahper.
BTW when i say Buraq its means CH-3 with TOT :lol:.... Great to see Pakistan cant even make an armed drone on its own. :tup:

EmUO0.jpg

This clearly looks like Burraq, minus hard-points which seems to be detachable.
wqyc.jpg

This model (in hands) surely confirms its an armed drone.

Even the Color scheme is same. Of course hard points are detachable, just look at the real Chinese CH-3 pictures.

Guys, just to get it clarified. Shahpur and Burraq are of the same design, very very similar, but the dimensions of both are different and you can notice slight design change in their shapes / curves. Shahpur is small when compared to Burraq. Shahpur is more like for reconnaissance role, can be put in the same category as Falco but with some differences in performance parameters.

While Burraq is a UCAV based on the Chinese CH-3, but with some Pak / western toys. Engine is western, communication system would most probably be of Pak origin, the electro optical pod also seems to be Pak made Zumr-II showcased at recent IDEX-2013 having day/night capability with laser range finder and designator built in, but real origin or from the technology was gotten and how much of it still not known.

And it seems both the systems would be and have been inducted by the Army. PAF will stick with Falco UAV in their tactical UAV role, while Shahpar will do the tactical UAV job in the Army. Don't think PAF is for now inducting any UCAV.

To add to that, not only the avionics have been locally developed, but also the armament (still in development and testing phase).

P.S. PAF will operate Burraq UCAV and PA will operate Shahpur UAV.

P.S. PAF will operate Burraq UCAV and PA will operate Shahpur UAV.

Any particular reason to prefer one design over the other for different services .... like technology advantage, design characteristic (though both look same) .... ease of maintenance ...etc. ???

Any particular reason to prefer one design over the other for different services .... like technology advantage, design characteristic (though both look same) .... ease of maintenance ...etc. ???

Not really. Looks aside (because both follow the contemporary design), but Burraq is way bigger and has more capabilities (range [although still limited by LOS radio-link], endurance, payload) than Shahpur. Besides since it is a UCAV, Burraq will be better put to use by the PAF.

to be honest, the picture is distorted.
Pakistani media is the worst when it comes to defence

:lol: Remember a while back there was a similar distorted video of Ra'ad ALCM and everybody was like "it has become larger and fatter" :D

Since apparently the Buraq is armed with laser guided missiles, I wonder if it would be used against the terrorists in Waziristhan etc? If yes, then Pakistan must ask the US of A to lay off and stop their drone strikes.

So it is almost confirmed that Burraq is a modified ch-3 built in home with Pakistan subsystems

but still wondering why they rather went with the TOT since with in a similar timeperiod(from 2008 upto now),they could have develop one of their own.

Indigenous designing of a UCAV would have given pakistan alot more experience and we could had taken HALE UAV's projects in future

Back
Top Bottom