What's new

brotherly relationship between Pakistan and Turkey, and Khilafat Movement

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

Pakistan and Turkey though separated by thousands of miles share a very warm relationship since the creation of Pakistan. I have read that this is because of Khlafat Movement (KM). As far as I know KM's objective to revive and safeguard the institution of Ottoman khilafat. But the resistance movement led by Attaturk abolished the khilafat and declared Turkey a republic. Later Attaturk also successfully tried to modernize Turkey. Doesn't it mean the objective of KM wasn't really that much important to the Turkish people at that time. If it were something that if the Allied forces partitioned the Ottoman Empire then the Indian Muslims are going kick the British as hard as they can, then it would have been considered really a brotherly gesture by the Turkish people. Please guide me on this. Thanks a lot.

The following excerpt is from Wikipedia article on Khilafat Movement:
The Khilafat movement (1919–1924) was a pan-Islamic, political campaign launched by Muslims in British India to influence the British government and to protect the Ottoman Empire during the aftermath of World War I. The position of Caliph after the Armistice of Mudros of October 1918 with the military occupation of Istanbul and Treaty of Versailles (1919) fell into a disambiguation along with the Ottoman Empire's existence. The movement gained force after the Treaty of Sèvres (August 1920) which solidified the partitioning of the Ottoman Empire.

In India, although mainly a Muslim religious movement, the movement became a part of the wider Indian independence movement. The movement was a topic in Conference of London (February 1920).

Regards
Haroon

We actually are Punjabii, Sindhi, KArachitte, Muhajjir, pathan and crappy stuff first :angry:

I quote Iqbal here "I have realized through Muslim History, that at crucial times, it is Islam that saved Muslims, and not vica versa."

so hold on to it. when the time would come, Nationalist government would correct everything.

one sided brotherly relationship. :laugh:

not suprising a pakistani started this thread.

and LOL @ Khailafat movement.

I quote Iqbal here "I have realized through Muslim History, that at crucial times, it is Islam that saved Muslims, and not vica versa."

so hold on to it. when the time would come, Nationalist government would correct everything.

That is it. We are waiting for 25th hour forgetting that it is WE who can make a change! I am trying my best, have my NGO, trying to unite the youth and vanish the punjabis and sindhis and muhajjirs, and bring fourth Pakistanis, pure, decent and peaceloving!

one sided brotherly relationship. :laugh:

not suprising a pakistani started this thread.

and LOL @ Khailafat movement.

even if we are not loved back, if our love is true, we will earn our respect in return for sure. just keep the faith...

That is it. We are waiting for 25th hour forgetting that it is WE who can make a change! I am trying my best, have my NGO, trying to unite the youth and vanish the punjabis and sindhis and muhajjirs, and bring fourth Pakistanis, pure, decent and peaceloving!

no I am not Myth buster who is waiting for some massiah... we are working in our respective line of fire.... in our respective circles and we will never surrender,

even if we are not loved back, if our love is true, we will earn our respect in return for sure. just keep the faith...

talking about muslim brotherhood with other muslim countries who frankly dont give a crap about pakistan,makes us look weak and prideless.

talking about muslim brotherhood with other muslim countries who frankly dont give a crap about pakistan,makes us look weak and prideless.

use a little bit of common sense, its not just brotherhood, its more of our and their interests that need to be found on a common plateform. government to government, people to people relations... I dont think so you earned anything having good relations with USA, or have any chance of being respected by Indians...so what choice do you have ? give yourself some other reason for your country's larger and long term interest..

Back
Top Bottom