What's new

Breaking: PIA flight PK-661 crashes enroute to Islamabad, Junaid Jamshed among no survivors

I am never boarding that aeroplane. Yes death is enviable but no offence they've got some of the most outdated rust tin foils on float!

o_O

CzK3G3wWgAAuLFx.jpg:large

Rest in peace. Have pakistani govt took any action against culprits of this serious incident

I'm no expert so at best speculating a little bit here.. I think the propeller should be feathered at a certain angle if the engine driving it is dead to reduce drag. Given that this happened immediately after take off and probable mountainous terrain, the pilots only hope was to re-light/restart the dead engine? the drag probably got the pilots into a precarious bank that pilots ignored given the high tension situation they were in?

Another scenario could be the separation of the propeller causing damage to the engine and wings causing drag again?

regardless, very sad event. RIP everyone on the plane.

I'm no expert so at best speculating a little bit here.. I think the propeller should be feathered at a certain angle if the engine driving it is dead to reduce drag. Given that this happened immediately after take off and probable mountainous terrain, the pilots only hope was to re-light/restart the dead engine? the drag probably got the pilots into a precarious bank that pilots ignored given the high tension situation they were in?

Another scenario could be the separation of the propeller causing damage to the engine and wings causing drag again?

regardless, very sad event. RIP everyone on the plane.

Just a correction to your assessment. There were no 'pilots', just a pilot which is against protocol.

According to ARY every single thing is MUTANAZA

PIA = MUTANAZA
CEO of PIA = MUTANAZA
Mangagement of PIA = MUTANAZA
Conditions of Planes of PIA = MUTANAZA
Engineers of PIA = MUTANAZA
Services of PIA = MUTANAZA
Qualifications of Staff and Engineers = MUTANAZA
Leasing Planes = MUTANAZA
Government= MUTANAZA

Pakistan = MUTANAZA

is there any possibility that the incident of Pakistan 661 got on camera of Captain Salehyar Janjua who use to film his flights as same can view on his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-I9Yve96frOHGd7QqSJpw and the last video uploaded by him was on the same day about Babusar Pass

i am having feeling that there might be some cam installed to film enroute to Islamabad and that could become another clue/helpful indicator for investigators?

I am really heartbroken after hearing this news yesterday. I was watching news live when they announced Junaid Jamshed was also on that plane. The moment I heard that, I literally felt something up in my chest with utter disbelief. Since last 3 Ramzan's I use to watch His ARY transmission with my Parents.

It feels like someone very close to us has departed. I know Junaid Jamshed now is in a better place. May ALLAH grant him to Jannat. What really makes me sad and angry is the fact this accident could have been avoided if these idiots in PIA were doing their job.

Unfortunate aircraft had history of botched landing
Posted on December 8, 2016
ISLAMABAD: PIA aircraft, crashed in Havelian while en route to Islamabad, had earlier damaged during a landing attempt at Lahore airport in year 2009 .

A twin-propeller aircraft ATR 42-500 was skidded at the Lahore airport runway and was grounded in the adjacent katcha land.

The landing gear and hind-side of the aircraft were damaged in the incident.

The aircraft having code number APB HO, was subsequently repaired and returned to service.

According to sources, the engineers had raised questions over the performance of the aircraft, which went down near Havelian resulting in death of 48 people including passengers and the crew.

The pilots of the aircraft had informed the engineering department about the glitch in an engine of the aircraft but the fault not attended properly, sources added.
http://arynews.tv/en/unfortunate-aircraft-had-history-of-botched-landing/
@django @Moonlight @Divergent1 @The Sandman @Chauvinist @The Eagle @PaklovesTurkiye
So who's responsible for this crash than?

is there any possibility that the incident of Pakistan 661 got on camera of Captain Salehyar Janjua who use to film his flights as same can view on his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-I9Yve96frOHGd7QqSJpw and the last video uploaded by him was on the same day about Babusar Pass

i am having feeling that there might be some cam installed to film enroute to Islamabad and that could become another clue/helpful indicator for investigators?

There is a blackbox, which has all the recordings, flight data, radio contact data, in-cockpit recording, along with warning systems data.

Once it is decoded, give it a few weeks.
Then we'll know what happened.

There is a blackbox, which has all the recordings, flight data, radio contact data, in-cockpit recording, along with warning systems data.

Once it is decoded, give it a few weeks.
Then we'll know what happened.
it ran out of fuel

it ran out of fuel

Can still glide down to a controlled crash landing.
The altitude recording shows that it totally went out of control losing altitudes within minutes.
Something else is the reason, fuel is the least of the worries.

I once travelled to Quetta on same type plane, it's scary when u fly @ this type of plane..... outdated , old, scrap

I am never boarding that aeroplane. Yes death is enviable but no offence they've got some of the most outdated rust tin foils on float!

It is not outdated, or even old, at all. This particular example was made either in 2006 or 2007 which gives it a pretty young age of 10-11 years. These are used all over the world. I see them fly over my house everyday. Please don't follow our illiterate journalists.

Obviously, our AIR MARSHAL is speaking about the ones that should have been discarded in Pakistan by PIA.

Notice the hashtag and number.

There aren't any. How can such a professional give such a statement? They were inducted after the B777s......

I highly doubt if there is even a single person appointed on merit in PIA.

Last night the former Chairman PIA said "I don't know why they stopped using the Fokkers, they were very good aircraft."

What the Former Chairman PIA failed to realise was that those aircraft were 45 years old (Saying that they had passed their intended life would be an epic understatement). And were only retired when one crashed in Multan killing all on board.

it ran out of fuel

Can someone please ban this imbecile? @Horus @WAJsal @Aether

Last edited:
It is not outdated, or even old, at all. This particular example was made either in 2006 or 2007 which gives it a young age of 10-11 years. These are used all over the world. I see them fly over my house everyday. Please don't follow our illiterate journalists.

Last night the former Chairman PIA said "I don't know why they stopped using the Fokkers, they were very good aircraft."

What the Former Chairman PIA failed to realise was that those aircraft were 45 years old (Saying that they had passed their intended life would be an epic understatement). And were only retired when one crashed in Multan killing all on board.

Can someone please ban this imbecile? @Horus @WAJsal @Aether

And pilot failed the test 15 times....

Back
Top Bottom