What's new

Breaking News : PN conducts missile firing

you seniors giving them hope for nothing sir not good idea it was simple live fire of new frigate and missile can be seen with naked eye is c-802

Don't say that Paaji as I am nothing in front of you (senior) also, I didn't make hopeful statement here however I have been insisting that it was a live firing means, fired one of the inventory weapon which seems to be C-802 for perfection of the system but details to be followed. Rest about other things during such firing, it is always good to read the results and develop further.

Na
Harpoon
yeah harpoon mam :-)

Don't say that Paaji as I am nothing in front of you (senior) also, I didn't make hopeful statement here however I have been insisting that it was a live firing means, fired one of the inventory weapon which seems to be C-802 for perfection of the system but details to be followed. Rest about other things during such firing, it is always good to read the results and develop further.

اب آپ کسر نفسی سے کام نا لیں حضور

last time PNS aslat was spotted in French island of La Reunion sir on March 21, 2016. here is what its look like . kis ne kala jadu kiya frigate per jo ratoon raat US made missile ya new missile fit ho gay ?:lol:

1912386.jpg

yeah harpoon mam :-)

اب آپ کسر نفسی سے کام نا لیں حضور

last time PNS aslat was spotted in French island of La Reunion sir on March 21, 2016. here is what its look like . kis ne kala jadu kiya frigate per jo ratoon raat US made missile ya new missile fit ho gay ?:lol:

1912386.jpg
Aor PAF ko kia pic banany k leay bulaya that kia PN na ? ;)

using the word "BREAKING NEWS" in the title makes it a Breaking news till eternity.

Maybe title should be change to OLD NEWS after two days

Sir I still hold my grounds.
Please no further arguments.

Check the fin placement. an advise
If you look at the Fin placement then you would have realized Harpoon's fin at the tail appear to be far smaller than the C-802.

Now you please revisit the picture of PN testing the C-802 and see the tail fins of Harpoon in the picture below.

harpoon.jpg

Aor PAF ko kia pic banany k leay bulaya that kia PN na ? ;)

why they use PAF why not own aviation ? did you see PAF involvement in this missile test ? any pics or videos ?
PN does not operate any aircraft that fly at speeds the C-802 would be flying. PIA would not have provided an aircraft for such a flight which are capable of flying at those speeds.

Guys & Girls, say hello to auntie googlie

General characteristics
Type:
Frigate
Displacement: 2,500 tonnes (standard)
3,144 tonnes (full load)
Length: 123.2 m (404.19ft)
Beam: 13.8 m (45.27ft)
Draught: 3.76 m (12.34ft)
Propulsion:
CODAD (Combined Diesel and Diesel)
2 × Tognum MTU 12V 1163 TB 83 @ 10.5 MW
2 × MTU cruise diesels @ 6.6 MW
Speed: 29 kn (54 km/h) maximum
Range: 4,000 nmi (7,400 km)
Complement: 170 crew
Sensors and processing systems:
SUR 17 air surveillance radar
SR-60 air/surface search radar
KH 2007 navigation radar
Type 347 CIWS fire-control radar
CIWS electro-optical director
Radar warning receiver suite
Electronic warfare
& decoys:
RWD-8 intercept, NJ8I-3 jammer
Decoy flare, chaff launchers
Armament:
Guns:
1× 76.2 mm calibre AK–176M main gun
Type 730B CIWS (2× 30 mm 7-barrel Gatling guns)
Missiles:
1× 8-cell FM-90N SAM launcher
2× 4-cell C-802 SSM launchers
Other:
2× 3-cell ET-52C torpedo launchers
2× 6-cell RDC-32 anti-submarine rockets
Aircraft carried: 1× Harbin Z-9EC ASW helicopter
Aviation facilities: Flight deck and enclosed hangar
Notes:
Ships in class include:
PNS Zulfiquar (251)
PNS Shamsheer (252)
PNS Saif (253)
PNS Aslat (254)

If you look at the Fin placement then you would have realized Harpoon's fin at the tail appear to be far smaller than the C-802.

Now you please revisit the picture of PN testing the C-802 and see the tail fins of Harpoon in the picture below.

View attachment 361922

PN does not operate any aircraft that fly at speeds the C-802 would be flying. PIA would not have provided an aircraft for such a flight which are capable of flying at those speeds.
i don't think they need to fly side by side with missile . they just need a camera on target area

i don't think they need to fly side by side with missile . they just need a camera on target area

Like this:happy:?

The missile, a Naval Strike Missile, is faster then the chase plane. But so long as it's in sight, the plane can opt to either watch or control the missile remotely. We can see what appears to be an F-16 chasing.

Sir I still hold my grounds.
Please no further arguments.

Check the fin placement. an advise

Other members have also stated that the missile is a C-802, so I wont continue there. However...

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir,
It depends on what they intend to monitor. If they want to see how accurate the missile is then a camera on target area is more than enough, but if they want to see terrain hugging or at what time the missile became supersonic then a chase plane is required.

If an intercept is also intended mid flight then also a chase plane would be flying in the area so that it may capture both missile flight trajectories before the time of intercept. Incase these missile fail to intercept then the chase aircraft may be equipped with a remote detonation device to detonate these missile so that they may not cause any unintentional damage.

The missile, a Naval Strike Missile, is faster then the chase plane, but so long as it's in sight, the plane can opt to either watch or control the missile remotely. We can see what appears to be an F-16 chasing.
Madam,
Though the F-16 could have become supersonic to keep pace with the missile it did not because its scope was different.

Back
Top Bottom