What's new

Book Review - THE INDIA DOCTRINE (1947-2007)

Asking Bangladesh not to shelter terrorists or Indian separatist leaders does not amount to this. They are free to do anything as long as it does not amount to terrorism or supporting the separatist elements in India.

The Indian interference in Bangladesh is not even a fraction of the Pakistani interference in Afghanistan where you installed the Taliban that took away all rights of the common Afghans and made it into a medieval joyless country of bigot terrorists.

Even now you can see almost every other Pakistani trying to dictate what is acceptable and not acceptable for Afghanistan to do!

Nice try....... when you run out of ideas, divert every thread to taliban and afghanistan because that is the agenda you are here to propagate. Lets stick to the topic of the thread, shall we????? "Indian hagemonic designs" to put it succinctly......;)

Last edited:
:lol: You were not asking them not to shelter terrorists rather you were bullying by saying BD can only survive if it listens to India.

I think you got it wrong. I said it will help them to grow economically faster if they have good relations with India. Antagonizing a large and growing neighbor would be counterproductive.

This does not amount to saying the highlighted part!

Keep aside Pakistan-Afghanistan issue for some relevent thread.
Afghanistan has been and is battle ground where countries from arround the world are amassed whereas there is no such thing about BD so India does not have any right to interfere in BD.

Wow. You are actually condemning the Afghans to eternal interference as a right for all countries! Unbelievable!

I think no country should interfere in the other country's internal matters. As long as the internal matter stays internal.

But isn't AL known to be pro-India? If people vote for it, it means people want better relations with India besides good governance and fulfillment all those poll planks.

I think you were claiming that it is a RAW conspiracy to get AL elected in these polls. You still stand by that? Is it possible for RAW to ensure such an overwhelming majority for their proteges in an election universally called free and fair!

I think you will find that hunger trumps ideology any day. When AL cannot deliver then we will get back to ideology again since being a friend of India does no good for BD. Sheikh Mujib was a great friend of India but that did prevent famine in the country which killed 3 million people.

Nice try....... when you run out of ideas, divert every thread to taliban and afghanistan because that is the agenda you are here to propagate. Lets stick to the topic of the thread, shall we????? Indian hagemonic designs to put it succinctly......;)

No running out of ideas here. Just putting the shoe on the other foot.

I see that it hurt. ;)

I said it will help them to grow economically faster if they have good relations with India. Antagonizing a large and growing neighbor would be counterproductive.

I think you will find there were higher rates of growth under administrations that were wary and distant to India.

Why not write a book on development and positives of own country.

Good to see that someone is making fame bashing India in the country where Chunky Pandey was a sensation!

Wrong thinking. Bangladesh can only develop in co-operation with India. There is no other way

you are too small to even look at India much less putting it in it's place

This pretty much concludes the hidustani thinking towards neighboring countries in general and BD in particular......... Bullies running berserk.....:lol:

I think you got it wrong. I said it will help them to grow economically faster if they have good relations with India. Antagonizing a large and growing neighbor would be counterproductive.

This does not amount to saying the highlighted part!.

You certainly did not sound like that in that post but were trying to bully Munshi and other Bangladeshis like him NOT to write truth about Indian designs against Bangladesh. It is a bitter truth that RAW has tried to create LTTE like monster in shape of HuJI to carry out terror in Bangladesh so that Muslim organizations can be blamed for that.
It is also a truth that RAW is still itching to dominate Bangladeshis the way India wants to but time has changed alot since 71.

Now Bangladeshis are speaking up about Indian designs against BD.

Wow. You are actually condemning the Afghans to eternal interference as a right for all countries! Unbelievable!.

Piece of your delussioned imagination and i do not wish to derail the thread like you so stay on topic.

I think no country should interfere in the other country's internal matters. As long as the internal matter stays internal.

Agreed.

No running out of ideas here. Just putting the shoe on the other foot.

I see that it hurt. ;)

On the contrary, it is very obvious who Mr Munshi has hurt and exposed by his book. Truth does hurt those who try to avoid the truth by putting their head in the sand. :wave:

I think you will find that hunger trumps ideology any day. When AL cannot deliver then we will get back to ideology again since being a friend of India does no good for BD. Sheikh Mujib was a great friend of India but that did prevent famine in the country which killed 3 million people.

The world is a lot less into ideologies today in the post cold war phase. It is all about economics now. And being on the right side of your big neighbors can only help.

I don't see what is so ideological about being antagonistic to the country that liberated you anyway!

I didn't know about the 3 million figure post 1971. Sad to know that. Why didn't the world (especially the Muslim world) come to your help in such a calamity?

I know that there was a large scale cyclone just before the 1971 events with large casualties and many Bangladeshis blamed the West Pakistani establishment of negligence in the aftermath resulting in more casualties than necessary.

The world is a lot less into ideologies today in the post cold war phase. It is all about economics now. And being on the right side of your big neighbors can only help.

I don't see what is so ideological about being antagonistic to the country that liberated you anyway!

I didn't know about the 3 million figure post 1971. Sad to know that. Why didn't the world (especially the Muslim world) come to your help in such a calamity?

I know that there was a large scale cyclone just before the 1971 events with large casualties and many Bangladeshis blamed the West Pakistani establishment of negligence in the aftermath resulting in more casualties than necessary.

With the global financial crisis I think ideologies are going to make a come back. As for India helping us you should read my book and then you will know what really happened.

The reason why the Muslim world did not help us was because we were too close to India and the USSR.

Yes before 1971 there was a massive cyclone and the West Pakistanis were blamed. When the famine came there was no one to blame except Sheikh Mujib.

Care to give data for this? Otherwise there is no basis to believe this.

During the last BNP government the average growth rate was 6-6.5%. This was never matched under an AL government. Instead the AL government nearly bankrupted us.

Care to give data for this? Otherwise there is no basis to believe this.

You are here making tall suggestion on how Bangladesh should submit to indian hegemony and how antagonized you and your coutry are because Bangaldesh not only refused to do that but also dispise indian attitude.

Now you are so miserably trying to make Bangladeshi election about a mandate on submission (indian idea of "friendship") to india. Bangladeshi people has lot more important things to consider than indian. BUT thanks for reconfirming indian wishes and agenda on influencing this Awami govt to submit to indian hegemony.

As I said before, more vindication for book like this and a demand of the time.

Your interfering attitude on Bangladeshi political and internal policy are not welcome but learn more before making demand here.

During BNP rule Bangladesh attined highest growth in country history 6.8%.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom