What's new

Bomb blast at Varanasi

Status
Not open for further replies.

LURKER

Reaction score
News channels showing bomb blast in Varanasi at Dashashwamedha ghat . so far 20 reported injured

NDTV, Varanasi: Reports are coming in of a blast in Varanasi at a spot which is popular with tourists. Unconfirmed reports suggest a foreigner has died, and at least 20 people are injured.

The explosion took place at Sheetla Ghaat where the daily aarti or prayers are offered. The explosion reportedly took place when the aarti was in full swing. Initial reports suggest a blast radius of 150 metres.

A red-alert has been sounded in Varanasi.

Top police officials are meeting in the state capital, Lucknow.

RIP.

Is there any news about the motive?

I am shocked .i was at assi ghat at time.

WTH..again they have targeted sacred Hindu Worship place to flame communal tension. These Arseholes are still thriving only because of this present Eunuch Govt.'s inaction. I wish, instead of Security/police, some of the politicians would have been hit bullets at Parliament attack. Shame on us citizens that we keep letting it happen again & again & again.

reports of it being a low intensity blast looks like home grown amateur militants 2nd time Varanasi has been a target.

reports of it being a low intensity blast looks like home grown amateur militants 2nd time Varanasi has been a target.

Most probably a move by certain elements to incite Hindu-Muslim enmity.

Needless to say, nothing's going to happen.

A question guys!

Is Varanasi as secure as Tirupati/Tirumala?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom