Superboy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I vote J-10B because of DSI, AESA, wide angle holographic HUD, IRST

j-10b-serials-maybe-78x1x-170-brigade-fttc-1-jpg.180491

j-10b-serial-143-6-11-14-xs-jpg.180493

SU 30 MKI while technically having canards should not be considered a canard fighter it does not use canards the way other fighters do.

With its extremely large wings and tail wings(almost as big as wings of normal fighters), two stabilizers and TVC, it does not need another control surface in the form of canards.It is super maneuverable as it is.

The only reason IAF put canards in there was to generate enough upthrust for its beast of a radar which is extremely long range and consequently extremely heavy.

j-10b-serials-maybe-78x1x-170-brigade-fttc-1-jpg.180491

j-10b-serial-143-6-11-14-xs-jpg.180493

Favoring an aircraft for ASEA, HUD, IRST and other elements can enhance effectiveness and performance of an aircraft is understandable.

But, DSI ?:hitwall: does it really improve performance?

Any way I concur @500 that "the power of the DSI could not be undone...":angel:

So what's the deal with the DSI.

I would vote for the eurofighter and the rafale

then the J-10.

And ignore the limited load capabilities, the number of fuel tanks it needs in most missions, the weapon pack limitations, let alone the lack of credible infos on radar performance, or emptyweight. :rolleyes:

SU 30 MKI while technically having canards should not be considered a canard fighter it does not use canards the way other fighters do.

Canards on any fighter improve the low speed maneuverability and that's not different for the MKI.

But, DSI ?:hitwall: does it really improve performance?

DSI is extremely beneficial.

1. cuts production time and cost

2. no need for maintenance

3. reduced RCS by hiding engine fans

4. Traditional intake is separate from the fuselage. DSI is part of the fuselage. So less air drag and better aerodynamics.

Not top mention DSI looks cool. That's why all new Chinese and American fighter jets JF-17, J-10B, J-20, J-31, F-35 have DSI.

Last edited:
DSI is extremely beneficial.

1. cuts production time and cost

2. no need for maintenance

3. reduced RCS by hiding engine fans

4. Traditional intake is separate from the fuselage. DSI is part of the fuselage. So less air drag and better aerodynamics.

Not top mention DSI looks cool. That's why all new Chinese and American fighter jets JF-17, J-10B, J-20, J-31, F-35 have DSI.

All of these good to have but not necessarily adding/ enhancing performance of fighter plane.

PS: Best known stealth fighter and all of most agile fighters do not have DSIs ..... Food for thought!

All of these good to have but not necessarily adding/ enhancing performance of fighter plane.

PS: Best known stealth fighter and all of most agile fighters do not have DSIs ..... Food for thought!

J-10 B eats F-22 A alive. Fact :china: Bring an F-22 A near China and see what happens to it. Stealth. My @$$ :woot:

Canards on any fighter improve the low speed maneuverability and that's not different for the MKI.

No it doesn't.Canards do not act as control surfaces in MKI.
MKI has no need of an additional control surface due to the reasons I enumerated in my previous post.

This is not my view but the view of a retired air force official.

No it doesn't.Canards do not act as control surfaces in MKI.
MKI has no need of an additional control surface due to the reasons I enumerated in my previous post.

This is not my view but the view of a retired air force official.

Su-33 has canards because of the need to take off after a short run. Su-35S for some reason has no canards.

Back
Top Bottom