What's new

Being a woman in Pakistan

That is your judgment, on the contrary i can put forth the same argument that you didn't grasp the essence of my words.

yes they got away with murder just like the FALN in America, right? so was that Islamic as well? , Okay now even if we say that they used Islamic law then who let them use it in such a way when the (Parents) killers were represented as victims to be in a position to pardon???? because if every one knows that they are the ones who hired the hit man then they are they ones responsible for her death, right?. so where in Islamic law do u find these injunctions that get your loved one assassinated and then pardon the killer? So its our own corrupt system which makes sure that such Islamic injunctions should only be used to justify their actions, P.S i don't think one has to have a doctorate in Islamic Jurisprudence to understand these simple logic's.
and above all one of the fundamental principles of Islam is Akirah
Life on earth is meant to be a preparation for the Akhirah (life after death) Life is meaningless if people of good actions are not rewarded and people of bad conduct are not punished at the Day of Judgement. Muslim believers will be rewarded for their good actions by admitting them to Janah (Paradise) Wrong-doers and unbelievers will be punished in Annar ( Hell Fire ).
This is the only force which gives encouragement to the victims to carry on with their lives who are deprived of their legitimate right to seek justice

Fe- Sabil lillah is the word that comes into my mind.
The parents of that innocent girl tried to seek Jannah on the expense of their daughter. Sad

but the law SW talking about has more to do in a case if the guilty/murderer is the only source of income/bread of the family, or in other words his family will not survive without him.. in such lines.

This is another example of good Islamic law used in wrong scenario for the parents own personal benifits. Again Sad

Fe- Sabil lillah

honestely if all these haters should know that this practicality of mistreating women in pakistan is done by uneducated people but even the educated people fall too... my point of view is that you need to change people? how? set up a proper islamic education system

lol @ Gambit ^^^ what about her
gaddafi_female_bodyguards2.jpg

Last edited:
Do not care.

Of the Abrahamic religions, none can truly be 'blamed', as in sole or main cause, of any ills in any society.

But for the sake of being intellectually honest...

burqa.jpg
eileen_collins.jpg

The greater the legal sanctions placed upon the women of any society, the greater the difficulties those women will have in meeting their potentials and contribute to the advancement of that society. We know of Lt. Col. Eileen Collins above...

Astronaut Bio: Eileen Collins (5/2006)

But it was only recently that Saudi Arabia had its first woman airliner pilot...

Saudi Arabia?s First Woman Pilot Hanadi Zakaria Al-Hindi | Arab Girls, Arabic Girls Blog

The point here is that the greater the level of influence of any factor, be it religious values or secular ideas, that is present in any particular legislation aimed at any sex, the greater the attention that factor will attract. Is it any wonder that where the burqa, the chador or the jihab is legally sanctioned for women, that society (not country) has problems at competing against the society that has no such legal sanctions? Rape may be illegal, but if women is considered chattel by men and has greater legal sanctions placed upon them, then it is pointless to focus upon the 'good' that rape is illegal while the woman is supposed to cover up else she can be beaten, either by the man of the house or by government agents tasked specifically for that. Why is it that we can have an Eileen Collins and plenty of 'Hanadi Zakaria al-Hindis' in our society?

Man the way i see it women in america were not allowed to vote till during the 19th Century and early 20th Century.

You had slaves.. Black people were considered as Aliens were discriminated and were not accepted in the society.

And that time it still was Christian's America..
Wasnt that the case?

How much old is Christianity?
How much old is Islam?
You guys had a hell lot of time to evolve as a nation as a community as a culture.

Dont expect every thing in Haste..
Try to understand what we are going thru right now.

We hv stared better than you and we will surely catchup.
Give us time and you will see plenty of Zakaria Al-Hindi and may be Hannah Montana :cheers:

Last edited:
Do not care.

But for the sake of being intellectually honest...

burqa.jpg
eileen_collins.jpg

The greater the legal sanctions placed upon the women of any society, the greater the difficulties those women will have in meeting their potentials and contribute to the advancement of that society. We know of Lt. Col. Eileen Collins above...

Astronaut Bio: Eileen Collins (5/2006)

Hi
Some how i expected that you will be more knowledgeable , man! was i wrong or what?, not to mention your piteous attempt by showing these pictures nullifies your credibility as some one who can argue without resorting to propaganda to justify ones claims

Female pilots of Pakistan airforce

Pakistan Army's two female major generals
pakistangirlsarmy10.jpg

American polygamist females
ng_polygamist_wives_cnn_02_wenn5119.jpg

You fellows are more fun then a barrel of Monkeys. I have already been married twice, my definition of hell would be being married to four at the same time.

I think you ment we fellows have more fun then watching barrel of Monkeys. That would be appropriate :smokin:

Well for me i cant even handle a single wife... so i will definately not marry 3 other to make my life a living hell..

You see we are not bound to hv 4 wives.. its a choice.

Last edited:
Yes if we go out side of Karachi Lahore and Islamabad in Pakistan (Emo is right) women has no rights but Pakistan has hundreds of Emo who are raising their voice against this injustice

but the law SW talking about has more to do in a case if the guilty/murderer is the only source of income/bread of the family, or in other words his family will not survive without him.. in such lines.

That is an altogether different issue as well. There are numerous cases where the brother killed the sister and the parents "forgave" their children. The pressure of not sending their own kid to the gallows would be really big justice is denied in such cases.

I can remember three cases of this nature as of now (not on my fingertrips but through an earlier writing on this issue), Naheed Hussain v. The State (1992 PCrLJ 982), Mohammad Ishaq v. The State (PLD 1992 Pesh 187), Muhammad Hanif v, The State (1991 PCrLJ 1795). In all three cases, the parents' forgave their sons who had murdered their daughters.

There are dozens of cases of blood relatives having to become walis and therefore being in a quandry. Stepbrothers being murdered are common as well.

The murders of wives leading to the in-laws having to determine whether they want their grandchildren to become orphans, even though their father is a murderous bastard is a difficult one as well. As you can imagine, they are common cases as well.

However, let me question you and Peregrine on a single matter. Reply in a single sentence to both questions. Nothing more than that. No philosophical debates.

Do you think Diyat is elitist as is allows a financially well off person to get away with murder (provided the wali agrees) and is injustice towards criminals who are poor who do not get this option available to them?

Do you think that it is an injustice that financially well off people have the unfair and unjust advantage of offering a large amount of money to the heirs of a poor man as it allows him to entice them with money they do not have and thus get away with murder?

PS:- The second scenario is a very, very common one.

Yes if we go out side of Karachi Lahore and Islamabad in Pakistan (Emo is right) women has no rights but Pakistan has hundreds of Emo who are raising their voice against this injustice
Raising voice for the rights of women is a highly commendable task, women do suffer a lot in rural areas of Pakistan. But one one must not use this voice as a pretext to bash religions. we all have women in our houses as mothers, sisters & daughters and for all i know except for few psycho's we all respect them & held them in high esteem, Pakistani society has certain ills but in order to eradicate them one must not generalize ones opinion by branding the entire population as extremists

Raising voice for the rights of women is a highly commendable task, women do suffer a lot in rural areas of Pakistan. But one one must not use this voice as a pretext to bash religions. we all have women in our houses as mothers, sisters & daughters and for i know except for few psycho we all respect them & held them in high esteem, Pakistan has certain ills but in order to eradicate them one must not generalize ones opinion by branding the entire population as extremists

You were on a right track and then you took the mother+daughter+sister approach again.

It is better and more appropriate to discuss this issue not as one where your own family members (or as misogynists would put it their property) are involved but look it from a philosophical and humane angle keeping in mind your religious views so as to appropriately discuss this widely as a social and cultural issue.

PS:- I just had to state this for I'm sick of the "would you let your sister/daughter" argument. Don't take it personally, I just had to vent out my inner fumes.

You were on a right track and then you took the mother+daughter+sister approach again.

It is better and more appropriate to discuss this issue not as one where your own family members (or as misogynists would put it their property) are involved but look it from a philosophical and humane angle keeping in mind your religious views so as to appropriately discuss this widely as a social and cultural issue.

PS:- I just had to state this for I'm sick of the "would you let your sister/daughter" argument. Don't take it personally, I just had to vent out my inner fumes.
Yup, you are right. but i meant it more in a sense of domestic violence against women, as it's rampant in our societies. more over, its just my belief that if men cannot respect their family females they cannot respect other females, But yes women should be respected irrelevant of the their relation to a person, BTW i think women are more professional than men especially when it comes to teaching, So if we can have more women as educationalists people will learn to respect them more

Last edited:
Raising voice for the rights of women is a highly commendable task, women do suffer a lot in rural areas of Pakistan. But one one must not use this voice as a pretext to bash religions. we all have women in our houses as mothers, sisters & daughters and for all i know except for few psycho's we all respect them & held them in high esteem, Pakistani society has certain ills but in order to eradicate them one must not generalize ones opinion by branding the entire population as extremists

If some NOGs start getting funds from internal sources too ,they might stop saying things to please the donors.

Last edited:
Many NGO's are helping in law matters, education and skills women can learn and work from home , I wish them all the success.

Back
Top Bottom