What's new

BD-Burma Relations

I don't think Myanmar is a Issue. If they mess with us, we can easily bleed them to death however our biggest enemy is India. India may never attack us directly however it's intervening with our internal political matter. It's slowly but surely making bd as it's dumping market yet some of our own people fail to understand the effect that will put in our home grown industy.

As Idune said only the awami dalal will not comprehend the devastation that is waiting for us ahead.........:hitwall:

May Allah help us but will not until we try to change our own destiny..........:undecided:

Last edited:
After looking at Mynamar Air Force and Army..it looks like a run over.Why is BD Millitary so afraid of it?Pakistan can probably crush it in few days and gain air supeirioty over Mynamar in a day or so.

# Occupying Bangladeshi island
# Encroaching Bangladeshi water and land

would like to know a little bit more about this.are you talking about bordering areas in Naogaon or the pieces of land that were eroded or the BSF simply putting up camps in certain places?
once I read they occupied 1200 bigha of land somewhere in the Northwest of BD.

After looking at Mynamar Air Force and Army..it looks like a run over.Why is BD Millitary so afraid of it?Pakistan can probably crush it in few days and gain air supeirioty over Mynamar in a day or so.

coz' we got women for the positions of the PM,the foreign minister and the home minister.They are the most inadept for their posts.

I would like you to point out,where in the thread it is mentioned that we should divert all our attention from India to Myanmar.

If you pretend your brain is pea size one no one can stop you. But to expose your idiotic pretense - when indians are actively working to undermine Bangladesh independence and subjugate our population your big bold effort of making a lesser important issue a big one is pure diversionary tactics.

And if your pea sized brain convinced you that you can fool rest of us, good luck with that. As with any indian Awami stooges, feel free to be encouraged by "thank you" note from indian side kicks.

would like to know a little bit more about this.are you talking about bordering areas in Naogaon or the pieces of land that were eroded or the BSF simply putting up camps in certain places?
once I read they occupied 1200 bigha of land somewhere in the Northwest of BD.

India had been occupying Bangladesh south Talpatti island since 80's. Violating its own treaty indians still did not handover land between enclaves. Indians forcefully occupying thousands of acres of river Char (swale) in almost every cross border river. You will find these cases in Zakiganj, Feni, north, Bengal, south west almost everywhere.

Bangladesh should invest in developing a better relationship with a bigger country. The foreign office needs to play a good role in this. With a reliable ally, it is possible to get technology transfers and infrastructure development. I don't know who this ally would be considering Bangladeshis see India and Myanmar as a threat, and China seems to have a better relationship with Myanmanar. I don't see a lot about Pak-Bangla relationship nowadays because it seems to be just ok, nothing special.

The countries with weak militaries like Bangladesh (no offence to Bangladeshis) will always live in fear and will be bullied around. This is especially true in Asia because there is a tendency to go for a grab of resources in this part of the world. Bangladesh should increase military spending (it is a bit too low at the moment) and build good deterrent capability.

you are right.we have no one as our back up.Real loyal faithful back up.
But that's because we got two parties with completely different alliances and such.

Idune I don't know why you are having a go at Leon.Myanmar is not taken to be lightly.

As Idune said only the awami dalal will not comprehend the devastation that is waiting for us ahead.........
if you are talking about the Tipaimukh it's true.Plus they are putting up another barrage close to Tipaimukh to hold back water.

Crazy idea:take water from the bay desalinate it and introduce it in the water supply system.Build lakes and such.seriously if the WB or the UN don't back us up we are finished.

if you are talking about the Tipaimukh it's true.Plus they are putting up another barrage close to Tipaimukh to hold back water.

It's part of it. Coming days you will see heavy dump of third class quality Indian product all over our market. Our industry will die out if we aren't preventing this suicidal move by Awami bastard.

Massive disturbance need to be created to hold them Awara dogs with their Dalila move.............

If you pretend your brain is pea size one no one can stop you. But to expose your idiotic pretense - when indians are actively working to undermine Bangladesh independence and subjugate our population your big bold effort of making a lesser important issue a big one is pure diversionary tactics.

And if your pea sized brain convinced you that you can fool rest of us, good luck with that. As with any indian Awami stooges, feel free to be encouraged by "thank you" note from indian side kicks.

Seriously you have some mental problems.

Why don't you put forward how you are going to deal with Myanmar?
No where did I mention that we take our eyes off India,but we can not let the Burmese run freely.Why do you think Burmese issue is a small one?Are you on the payroll of Burmese Generals?How much does he pay you for licking his boots?

About pea sized brain,did you know Einstein had brain which weigh less than avg. human brain.So in this case may be I am more intelligent than you.

How come opening one thread becomes a diversionary tactic,when there are tons of thread relating to problems with India are discussed?How come hundreds of thread be undermined by opening of one single thread?
Surely I don't have a complex mind like yours.To be precise I am not shrewed like you.

But you will only keep your version at the top.And I don't give a **** at what you think I am and what you call me.

Last edited:

Did you seriously look at the figures brother?

Burmese air force have all the fighters in their inventory that we have.Including Mig-29s.

Burmese army size is way more than Bangladesh army.Almost 300000 more.

Only in naval power we have a slight advantage with the Korean built Frigate and recent upgrades.

We also have another edge at better training.But look at Burmese defence expenditure.Its more than 5 billion and whereas we spend just around 1 billion.

Moreover,as I am mentioning over and over again,the Burmese are rapidly improving the infrastructure and deploying their troops on the bordering state.They are even planning for an air base.

Meanwhile what we are doing on that front?

Nothing.

That is why we need to wake up and also watch out for the enemy that is beside us.

Pakistan has its share of trouble with taliban and India and will not come to help.More precisely can not afford to help.And that is acceptable.We don't even share borders.
Besides Pakistan has good relations with Burma and sells ammunition to them.Pakistan also provides training to the Burmese officers.

Last edited:
India may never attack us directly however it's intervening with our internal political matter. It's slowly but surely making bd as it's dumping market yet some of our own people fail to understand the effect that will put in our home grown industy.

I knew you are sensible brother and you proved it with those words.A direct assault from India will not come but a direct assault from Myanmar can definitely come.India will destroy us with slow poison,and hence to counter it we need a different policy with them.
And while dealing with Myanmar we need different strategy.That is the reason behind opening this thread.But some people just don't have the understanding.

I don't think Myanmar is a Issue. If they mess with us, we can easily bleed them to death however our biggest enemy is India.
As Idune said only the awami dalal will not comprehend the devastation that is waiting for us ahead.........:hitwall:

May Allah help us but will not until we try to change our own destiny..........:undecided:

You should never underestimate your enemy.

How do you think we can bleed them to death?Do you care to elaborate brother?

Everyone talking about India here,so let's bring the Indian connection to Myanmar issue.Now tell me you still think Myanmar is a good friendly neighbour.

In 2006, the Indian Government transferred an unspecified number of T-55 Main Battle Tanks that were being phased out from active service to Tatmadaw along with 105 mm Light Field Guns, armoured personnel carriers and indigenous HAL Light Attack Helicopters in return for Tatmadaw’s full cooperation in flushing out Indian insurgent groups operating from its soil.

India sells maritime aircraft to Myanmar
India has recently stepped up strategic, diplomatic and economic ties with Myanmar agreeing to supply it varied military hardware like T 55 tanks, artillery guns, radar, assault rifles, light machine guns and ordnance.

India sells maritime aircraft to Myanmar - India - The Times of India

And yet some people will say "Myanmar issue is a diverting tactic."

Last edited:
India selling ALH(Advanced Light Helicopter) to Myanmar.

It has an anti-tank role but can also be used for counter-insurgency operations and can be equipped with both rockets and a 20mm gun.

Full report at:

'Threat' to EU-Burma embargo
BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | 'Threat' to EU-Burma embargo

Even Pakistan has warm relations with Burma and has been providing the Burmese with ammunition and training.Especially on 155mm howitzers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom