What's new

Banning Indian films will not help Pakistani films

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
12433-bollywoodvslollywood-1340962364-946-640x480.JPG

Ayub khan first banned Indian films in Pakistan in 1965. While it was a developing industry, the protectionist policy had a nationalist undertone rather than a solid economic rationale that would benefit filmmakers.

Obscured by a political and nationalistic dimension, the long-term health of Pakistani cinema was ultimately hindered.

Today, the debate regarding the ban on Indian films is prevalent amongst the film community. The idea is that through a protectionist policy one can adequately control competition, thus giving an edge to Pakistani films at the box office.

The debate has been dominated by hardline filmmakers who insist that they can not only protect the country from cultural imperialism, but also economically revive the industry simultaneously. Protectionist policies have always been a double-edged sword since they are merely a lever towards a more comprehensive solution for the revival of cinema. There is no doubt that economic protectionism can effectively allow an industry to grow economically — but on a limited level. For Pakistan, protectionism has had a limited impact due to censorship codes and legislation.

Culture, as a result, has been defined according to government dictates ignoring the shared cultural processes that were prevalent across both India and Pakistan. Pre-1965, the cinema had a prevalence of themes that dealt with the shared heritage of India and Pakistan. In essence, the shared cultural heritage between India and Pakistan fuelled the demand for Indian films in the first place. As the industry grew to support the conception of the state, films became increasingly formula-based and assimilating in nature.

The more adventurous themes in the 1960s attracted disdain from politicians while the popular government of the 1970s opened the door to regional cinema and reflected the social philosophy of “roti, kapra aur makaan”. The national psyche was subsequently reflected in movies like Maula Jatt. The eventual ban on Indian cinema meant that art and filmmaking became limited.

It is, therefore, imperative that one does not resort to nationalist and political compulsions when considering the long-term growth of cinema, in order to pander to the popular ego.

No stupid, banning Indian films will not help Pakistani films – The Express Tribune Blog

Who said that Pakistan is banning Indian movies just to promote Pakistani movies instead? There are titles which gets banned for obvious reasons every once in a while... but come on... banning the whole bunch of movies is an obscured analogy by the blogger.

Typical Express Tribune Blogs...

Express tribune, DAWN & News are too obvious of being propagandist and having links with foreign agencies.

Pakistanis need to be cautious of propaganda.

Why these propaganda machines do not highlight that Pakistan cinema is controlled by Indians who have banned hollywood.

Why writer failed to see the banning of hollywood? simply because Pakistanis will learn that hindi movies are twisted copies of various hollywood movies.

Ok answer me this ....has anyone ever seen a Hindi movie in a cinema hall ;or has a Hindi move been advertised about in Pakistani cinema hall recently in the past?

Ok answer me this ....has anyone ever seen a Hindi movie in a cinema hall ;or has a Hindi move been advertised about in Pakistani cinema hall recently in the past?
With the release of many Indian movies there, they must have seem many. In previous days, when the Indian movies were banned, Pakistanis were watching pirated DVDs of Indian movies.

With the release of many Indian movies there, they must have seem many. In previous days, when the Indian movies were banned, Pakistanis were watching pirated DVDs of Indian movies.

what i wanna clarify, is that if they are confusing DVD releases with Cinema release.

IF Cinema release have been witnessed recently then this article is bogus.

what i wanna clarify, is that if they are confusing DVD releases with Cinema release.

IF Cinema release have been witnessed recently then this article is bogus.
I'm sorry brother, I did not quite understand it. Do you mean that the article is bogus because the Indian films are getting released in Pakistan?

there is a demand of indian movies in pakistan...so whether can they allow it or not..people will still watch.

Look at the movie showings on this website and then tell me:

Atrium Cinemas

Truth is, pakistani people want to watch indian movies because they have a variety, story, fun, well known high profile actors. Who doesnt want to see them? Anyways, Its a tragedy that our film industry died, which in my opinion was a matter of time because when you dont think outside the box, you get run over by someone creative. In this case, its india. Indians basically sent out a really amazing image of india through bollywood which is a knockoff of Hollywood. But theyve done it, and they are superb at it. Pakistan just needs to digest the fact that india is better and pakistanis want to watch indian movies in theatres. Itll fuel our cinema industry for sure. Plus the amount of movies india produces every year, I doubt our cinema industry will ever die, in fact our cinema industry will start begging the govt to give them a break because they cant manage to handle all these movies and crowd

Truth is, pakistani people want to watch indian movies because they have a variety, story, fun, well known high profile actors. Who doesnt want to see them? Anyways, Its a tragedy that our film industry died, which in my opinion was a matter of time because when you dont think outside the box, you get run over by someone creative. In this case, its india. Indians basically sent out a really amazing image of india through bollywood which is a knockoff of Hollywood. But theyve done it, and they are superb at it. Pakistan just needs to digest the fact that india is better and pakistanis want to watch indian movies in theatres. Itll fuel our cinema industry for sure. Plus the amount of movies india produces every year, I doubt our cinema industry will ever die, in fact our cinema industry will start begging the govt to give them a break because they cant manage to handle all these movies and crowd

dude, you are a false flag indian and search for so many copied hollywood films in indian films , being so called creative, there is nothing creative about bollywood films, just that they are making good business because of good publicity and dance songs and chichora pan which few naujawan people like to see in pakistan

dude, you are a false flag indian and search for so many copied hollywood films in indian films , being so called creative, there is nothing creative about bollywood films, just that they are making good business because of good publicity and dance songs and chichora pan which few naujawan people like to see in pakistan

Few? Really? Rest is all BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom