What's new

Bangladeshis demand trial of Gen (retd) Moeen U Ahmed

For sure he had two Fathers - one his biological and the other that he tried to foist on us too - Sheikh Mujib.
Call him the Runaway General.

Al-Zakir:-

As for Brig Abdullahil - Azmi, I shouldn't be much worried though - sad as it is.
His dismissal for no fault of his - opens up the prospects of reorganising his father's own Party Forces in the light of his own military training - which is formidable in its own right to start with. And holds much potency than the Army he was made to leave.
Everthing that happens - happens for the good- Alhamdullilah!!

Ameen Brother. Let his knowledge and expertise revive the party that is more patriotic, democratic and discipline than perhaps the rest however bearing a unfair curse for so long that it's almost criminal.....Good day ahead insh'allah

Last edited:
Uh! and for Hasina and her Masters it should be the proverbial - Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

HK-47:-
Rest easy. This is not just a shitty 2nd Lieut speaking to you brass about a top brass, as this website highlights. And nothing has gone topsy turvy here.
Even if it did - would that be end of the world? Can't you even take some criticism??
I was from a sister service whose ranks are not supported by this website - busting me down to 2nd Lieut.
Not that it matters anyway - what should indeed matter are the contents, by whoever.
I believe we are in an age in which anybody should be able to express his/her mind freely irrespective of his longevity or rank from the top down to the bottom - be he a Grneral or a Lieut or even a newly recriuted Sepoy - without the fear of being slapped on the charges of insubordination or worse.
I belonged to a service as depicted by my username and towards which Moeen also was headed had he not joined the Army. We had immersion in the same background and environment at the same time during our internship in the school and College days. How he shames me.
Before he departed the - crime scene - er retired, I wrote to him a long long letter that I am sure he could not have the appetite to read.

Good to see you here, HK-47 as it is equally good to see other luminaries Khabib/idune/jako/leonblack08/Brig Al-Zakir and General MBI Munshi.

And to all I say my Hello & Greetings.

Our frequenting this site is not for past time or fun alone. Each one of us has a perspective - and each and every perspective has relevance, value and is just as valid.
At a deeper level this is an exchange of information in a search for clues to our misery & malaise that afflicts us all and left us floundering in its wake for just so long now.
Stay well HK-47 and keep thy peace/

Brig Al-Zakir:-
Hello!! I am delighted that you had a good belly laugh at the predicament of that poor guy - which may well be true.
And a return thank you for your thanks.
Did you see his servility in front of Khaleda Zia during her last days in power as the three service Chiefs met her at her Sectt to bid farewell?
And then he tweaked out another star for himself from that limp President - the Iajuddin thing.
And now this Hasina Begum. Did he ever have a spine - and makes me wonder where all that education, upbringing and military training went - Down the drain I should guess.

As for Brig Abdullahil - Azmi, I shouldn't be much worried though - sad as it is.
His dismissal for no fault of his - opens up the prospects of reorganising his father's own Party Forces in the light of his own military training - which is formidable in its own right to start with. And holds much potency than the Army he was made to leave.
Everthing that happens - happens for the good- Alhamdullilah!!

To Brig Azmi I say 'Godspeed and welcome to your new Assignment'

For your comments on 'How could army allow such unfair move when he is one of their own?'

you have to turn to Khabib's post:-

'People who fight the 1971 and did the coup in 1975( Like it or not)
have balls of steel and do not care about promotion/Opportunity.
Now 80% of the officers corps seek only promotion and posting opportunity rather than have respect for their profession.

A Girls scouts have better balls than these guys'.

but there is more - for a detailed synopsis - stay tuned

Khabib :-
you say balls of steel - I say balls of FIRE - fire can melt steel. Yes Fireballs - The David against Golaith ............ To be continued

Waiting for more !!

Have patience boy, patience is a great virtue that bears great rewards - this should be up any time. This is a lengthy piece, and there is much in there that you should not only enjoy but also find much that you can take home with you - and as is the case of such writings it gives me the headaches as they take up so much focus and intensity. besides i haven't typed it yet - typing is so much chore. I wish I had a typist do it for me if only he cud understand my manuscript which is cross between greek and the ancient Egyptian heiroglyphs

Khabib btw, can u take me thru the paces of including the quoted text in your replies. I'll be damned if I can find it out on my own. I did try once but no go.
thank you

Last edited:
I believe there's foreign influence in everywhere.

To SeaGull apologies if I offended you.Can you explain me that Moeen leaving on LPR thing again?

NO OFFENCE TAKEN >>>> NO APOLOGIES NEEDED >>>> NO EXPLANATION FORTHCOMING -

HK-47: Be of Good Cheer and move on - There's plenty of work to do.
Why would you wish me to explain a position we both have left far behind - however if it does make you feel any good I accept your bouquet.

Last edited:
SeaGul Wrote
>>>
Khabib btw, can u take me thru the paces of including the quoted text in your replies. I'll be damned if I can find it out on my own. I did try once but no go.
thank you[/QUOTE]

Please see the news below

AMAR DESH PUBLICATIONS

AW COME ON BOYS!!
Why is this place going dead? Of course Moin is too small a fry for us to discuss. Have some one rename this thread to Bangladesh Corner.
And let us discuss issues of greater national interest. What direction we should be taking - the hows and the whys.
And will someone tell this Nitrogen Fart to buzz off - he sickens me so.

Last edited:
JUST FOR THE RECORD:

Wednesday July 08 2009 23:11:58 PM BDT

By Zoglul Husain

Amar Desh report on 8 July 2009: Gen Moeen leaves for US for 4 months

AMAR DESH PUBLICATIONS

Previously in connection with an article 'Army being crippled as part of the plot' in the Bangladesh Today (leading news news-01), I wrote on 4 July 2009:

"General Moeen U Ahmed handed over Bangladesh to India, backed at present by their strategic partner the US and their allies including their rubber stamp the UN. General Moeen U Ahmed acted in the same way in 2007 as General Syed Mir Mohammad Jafar Ali Khan handed over Sube Bangla (Bengal, Bihar and Orissa - Bengal then included part of Assam) to the British in 1757, 250 years ago, which was an appropriate historical parallel to point out at the meeting on Polashi day.

He directly received instructions from foreign ambassadors and, after the election, from Indian foreign minister and envoy, and he perpetrated the worst kind of treachery to Bangladesh, this national traitor. However, history will not repeat itself in this case, as we will definitely defeat the evil Indian hegemonism over Bangladesh. One sign is that Gen Moeen had to flee Bangladesh very quietly like a thief at 2:20 am. Will he be back? I doubt. (Note on 8 July: Well he came back from Singapur, but now is leaving for the US for 4 months).

We must awaken the people, unite them and organise national resistance movements throughout the country and coordinate them."

Zoglul Husain
E Mail : zoglul@hotmail.co.uk

Iqbal Hasan sues Moeen today
Staff Correspondent

Former state minister for energy and mineral resources, Iqbal Hasan Mahmud, will sue former chief of army staff, Moeen U Ahmed, in a Dhaka court today.
‘I will be going to court on Sunday along with my attorney Moudud Ahmed to sue him [Moeen],’ Iqbal told New Age Saturday night.
He said he would go to the Dhaka district judge’s court in the morning but declined to give details of the case.

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/jul/12/front.html

Moeen issued notice
Moeen house is at stake on 100 crore defamation suit. Moeen escaped to US

Sun, Jul 12th, 2009 3:09 pm BdST

Dhaka, Jul 12 (bdnews24.com)—A Dhaka court in a notice on Sunday asked former army chief Moeen U Ahmed why his Baridhara house should not be attached by authorities as security in a Tk 100 crore defamation suit filed by former BNP state minister for power Iqbal Hassan Mahmud Tuku.

Judge Saiful Islam of the Third Joint District Judge's Court in Dhaka asked Moeen to appear before it on Aug 16 to reply to the notice.

The court rejected a plea by Tuku's lawyers for an interim ban on sale of the valuable Baridhara property.

Tuku's lawyers Moudud Ahmed and Mahbubuddin Khokan had earlier filed the case, with the court, claiming Tk 100 crore in damages for defamation and requesting authorities to impound the Baridhara house.

The case says Moeen on Mar 27, 2007 at a tea party in honour of the Freedom Fighters Contingent and in the presence of members of the media reportedly accused politicians of the past BNP government of massive corruption.

The former army chief was quoted at the time as saying that a whopping Tk 20,000 crore was smuggled out of the country from the power sector alone.

In the hearing, Moudud said General Moeen humiliated Tuku by giving false statement publicly.

Moudud said during the caretaker government an anticorruption drive was conducted against the politicians. Many of them were arrested without any investigation and tortured physically and mentally.

General Moeen was the instigator of these activities and now he fled the country, Moudud added.

General Moeen retired on June 15 this year and, according to newspaper reports, left for the US last week with wife Nazneen Moeen.

He was appointed as army chief in 2005 and promoted to the rank of general on May 24, 2007, under the 2007-2008 military-installed caretaker government.

It is widely speculated that the armed forces led by Moeen played a major role during the clampdown of emergency on Jan 11, 2007, and the subsequent two-year caretaker government regime.

Tuku, wife Rumana Mahmud and their two children were sent to jail on graft charges during that period.

Convicted in a corruption case and facing a 10-year sentence, Tuku has since secured bail from the High Court, but could not run in the general election last year because of his conviction.

Instead, Rumana won the Sirajganj-2 seat in the December polls and is now a BNP MP.

The case statement said General Moeen's allegation of power ministry's Tk 20,000 smuggling was false and baseless, as the total budget for five years in the sector during the BNP-led four-party coalition government was around Tk 13,500 crore.

The incumbent state minister for power in parliament also said that the four-party government's total budget in the power sector was Tk 13,500 crore, it said.

Moeen's statement has damaged the reputation of Tuku at home and abroad, as the responsibility of alleged power sector money smuggling fell upon him as the state minister for power.

The break-up of Tk 100 crore sought in damages in the suit is Tk 20 crore for his tarnishing his political image, Tk 20 crore for spoiling his family's image, Tk 40 crore for direct losses his business incurred and a further Tk 20 crore for the loss of goodwill his business suffered.

On being freed from jail on bail, Tuku had been staying abroad for treatment, which is why he could not file the case timely, the case statement added.

Moeen issued notice over house :: Politics :: bdnews24.com ::

Where is this bastard hiding now a days? I like to see him living without arms and legs, and beg in the street of dhaka for rest of his dog life.

Moeen escaped to US and so did Fakruddin and other DGFI rouge elements of 1/11.

Before Moeen left he shifted some portion of his financial asset to Singapore. I have learned his brother who runs big business (selling indian Ashok Leland trucks in BD) are also shifting big chunk of their asset to india in anticipation of further legal actions.

Back
Top Bottom