What's new

Bangladesh tour of Pakistan in doubt

sachin@india

BANNED
Reaction score
Bangladesh's tour of Pakistan hit a roadblock on Tuesday after the Bangladesh Board president Mustafa Kamal threw the ball back into ICC's court. The ICC had created an opening for the tour by allowing bilateral series to happen with non-neutral officials. But Kamal, who is also the Asian Click Here! Cricket Council president, said: "We are not going to send our team anywhere if all the ICC guidelines of a tour aren't met. If the ICC feels Pakistan is not safe for its officials and does not take responsibility, how can I force my boys to go there and play? I'm sympathetic towards Pakistan and as president of the ACC both the countries are under my domain, but the ICC will have to take some responsibility."

Pakistan have not hosted an international team other than Afghanistan since the terror attack on the Sri Lanka team bus in Lahore in 2009. "We have a responsibility to honour the ICC's future tours programme and so I was keen to send our team there."

Instead, the BCB president said Bangladesh was keen to tour India and that could happen sometime even before 2014. "This has been in the pipeline for sometime and talks have gone ahead. We expect an invitation from the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) soon," he said.

Bangladesh no to Pak tour without ICC nod - Hindustan Times

no need to waste time playing bangladesh, bangladesh is behaving like australia cricket team

bengalis owe pakistan their test status, we shouldnt have gifted them the 1999 world cup match in the first place, ireland deserves more

no need to waste time playing bangladesh, bangladesh is behaving like australia cricket team

bengalis owe pakistan their test status, we shouldnt have gifted them the 1999 world cup match in the first place, ireland deserves more

Are you mad, bro?? I thought Indians gave us test Status as claimed by them..... At last some co-operation between India Pakistan.....

Its up to them if they dont wanna play in pakiatan ..it should not be a big deal for pakistan

Bangladesh wants to go to Pakistan!

Its ICC that is preventing us.....

They even refused to provide umpires...

And our media are attacking BCB quoting iCC

This is why BCB had to say something like this....

The way Pakistan can help make cricket a bigger sport I believe BD can actually end up losing here by not playing them... but I don't doubt their decision either... well this will be interesting...

Not yet clear what is behind this sudden about face of Lotus Kamal. We know certain lobbies were not happy at this project.

I knew it right from the first day! Bhai in tilloo mein tail nahi hy!

Pakistan must cease ongoing dialogues with BD officials for this series, they will not come so stop embarrassing yourself.

Why don't we both just go to Dubai or something lol, neutral ground and no threat of terrorism.

they can do it in dubai bt the main aim is to bring cricket tournaments back to pakistan
Don't hope for Cricket till 2014. Cricket grounds are now bases for Political Rallies of Ganja Nawaz sharif who has no respect for pitch and did procession/jalsa in Jinnah Cricket Stadium Gujranwala. Bangladesh Cricket team should not come to Pakistan till the completion of election process. Security is still issue here because there focus is on election rallies. 2013-2014 is suitable time

Count on Haroon Lorgat to stop this from happening.

Bangladesh tour of Pakistan in doubt

Kamal remarks throw Pakistan tour into doubt

The uncertainty over whether Bangladesh will tour Pakistan next month and end a three-year drought of international cricket there continues, after BCB president Mustafa Kamal said they would not tour if the ICC did not agree to send their match officials. Several moves over the past two weeks suggested the tour was going to be given the green light. These included a Bangladesh delegation approving the security infrastructure in Pakistan, and the ICC introducing a special dispensation that would allow "non-neutral match officials" for bilateral series in "exceptional circumstances", should it find it unsafe to appoint its officials for a series.

However, Kamal has now said said there was no question of the tour going ahead if the ICC did not provide officials. "We won't go if everything doesn't happen within the standard practice, which is the allocation of match-referees, umpires and all things by the ICC," he said on Wednesday in Dhaka. "That [allowing officials from the competing teams] means we are not going there because ICC also has responsibility. If they don't take responsibility, then on what basis can I send my players."

Full Article: Bangladesh news: Mustafa Kamal remarks throw Pakistan tour into doubt | Bangladesh Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

I thought Indians gave us test Status as claimed by them..... At last some co-operation between India Pakistan.....

It was actually one man - Jagmohan Dalmiya - who wanted to increase the vote count of the Asian bloc and thus gave BD test status. The PCB and SLCB pretty much followed suit with the railroading of the BCCI.

This seems to be a strange decision from the BCB. If the ICC is willing to recognize these games, how does it matter if there are neutral umpires or not? After all, the purpose of this tour is to show that international cricket can be played in Pakistan. Not to know which is the better team. If he wants someone to back his decision, he should approach the government.

Back
Top Bottom