What's new

Bangladesh Navy

8 boats will be built in Indonesia, the rest will be built in Bangladesh under TOT and supervision of PT Lundin. Total 18 boats.

If this is the case - then I'm flying down to get mine built :-).

Also - I think we should transfer technology to Bangladesh to build Indonesian pinisi or phinisi's. We need to teach the Merchant Marine Cadets to sail these suckers the old fashioned way (real sailing).

I'm sure there would be plenty of local buyers too for rental market. This is what they look like....

all images copyright their respective origination sites
36m_dunia_baru_sailing.jpg

header20.jpg

Luxury-yacht-Alila-Purnama.jpg

ALILA%20PURNAMA%20-%20Formal%20Dining.jpg

If this is the case - then I'm flying down to get mine built :-).

Also - I think we should transfer technology to Bangladesh to build Indonesian pinisi or phinisi's. We need to teach the Merchant Marine Cadets to sail these suckers the old fashioned way (real sailing).

I'm sure there would be plenty of local buyers too for rental market. This is what they look like....

all images copyright their respective origination sites
36m_dunia_baru_sailing.jpg

header20.jpg

Luxury-yacht-Alila-Purnama.jpg

ALILA%20PURNAMA%20-%20Formal%20Dining.jpg

Yes, it is the case. Next case maybe the stealth one that you want to buy from Lundin. We have ordered 4 of them, if they can perform well we plan to have 20 units.

Yes, it is the case. Next case maybe the stealth one that you want to buy from Lundin. We have ordered 4 of them, if they can perform well we plan to have 20 units.
really ? any plan of Bangladesh Navy purchase of stealth vessel from Lundin that you are aware of ?

Would love to have a version of these built in Bangladesh....

North Sea Boats - 63m Fast Missile Catamaran

really ? any plan of Bangladesh Navy purchase of stealth vessel from Lundin that you are aware of ?

Doubtful, considering they yet to join the indonesian navy. Though i would love to see a version of them built in BD, Western Marine already builds large aluminium cats, they could easily build these.

Would love to have a version of these built in Bangladesh....

North Sea Boats - 63m Fast Missile Catamaran

Doubtful, considering they yet to join the indonesian navy. Though i would love to see a version of them built in BD, Western Marine already builds large aluminium cats, they could easily build these.

I believe the Bangladesh Navy being in the position it is in - needs traditional force multiplier multi-role frigates and missile corvettes more than stealth cats. But then, what do I know :-)

I've been following this Lundin guy and his products for a while. One thing that kind of casts some doubt about this company is why the first 63m Fast Missile Catamaran product they built burned down at the dock during trials four days after launch. It is fishy (no pun intended) to say the least. What was the result of the Indonesia Govt. Inquiry? So many millions of dollars and such time wasted.

Last edited:
I believe the Bangladesh Navy being in the position it is in - needs traditional force multiplier multi-role frigates and missile corvettes more than stealth cats. But then, what do I know :-)

I've been following this Lundin guy and his products for a while. One thing that kind of casts some doubt about this company is why the first 63m Fast Missile Catamaran product they built burned down at the dock during trials four days after launch. It is fishy (no pun intended) to say the least. What was the result of the Indonesia Govt. Inquiry? So many millions of dollars and such time wasted.

I've been following that too, very strange.

How is it that within days of its launch it should catch fire! Who would benefit most from its demise, what would happen if the project got shelved and is there any fundamental flaw in its conceptual design. All ships can catch fire, and burn even ships made of steel and allumimium. But the speed at which the ship caught fire and the faliure to put it out, raises many questions.

Lots of questions, not many answers. But lets step back and think.

1. Is there a fundamental flaw in the design of concept? I don't think the concept is flawed, or the overall design. Maybe the materials used need to be looked into. Remember the indonesian navy still has confidence in this project, let them build, test and induct these. If their navy is happy then we can evaluate it.
2. That leaves the question, how did it catch fire, if it wasn't a accident who could have done it and who benefits if this project is abandoned. This is a innovative design, a modern stealth vessel designed and built in a "third world" "muslim" nation.

In the end, the concept of a lowcost, stealthy trimaranne corvette is really interesting.

Well, I dont know friend, but I think your military leaders will wait first for that vessel to be served at our navy, but at least there has already been a good relation between the two entity.

And for the burn one, we havent paid them. I believe there is a project insurance bought by Lundin for that project, so that insurance company that has lost much money for the burning ship.

Ananda Shipyard delivers oil tanker to Bangladesh Navy

Ananda Shipyard and Slipways delivered a 2,774 deadweight tonnage fuel replenishing oil tanker to Bangladesh Navy yesterday.

Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan attended the ceremony at Meghnaghat in Narayanganj.

Ananda was awarded the contract for the tanker--BNS Khanjahan Ali--after it qualified technically and financially in a competitive international tender participated by 11 shipyards from Europe and Asia, the shipbuilder said in a statement. “This was the first ever order received by any Bangladeshi shipyard for a special naval vessel through international competitive tender.”

The 80-metre-long tanker can sustain sea state 5 in refuelling operation in a war field and can refuel two war ships simultaneously, keeping all the three ships on the move, according to the statement.

“It can go 24.5km per hour with full load and is equipped with features like unmanned machinery and unrestricted navigation.”

The minister praised the shipbuilding activities of Ananda and mentioned its contribution in making Bangladesh known to the world as a shipbuilding nation.

He also assured them of providing continuous support of his government to develop the sector further.

Abduallhel Bari, chairman of Ananda Shipyard, expressed his gratitude to Bangladesh Navy and the government for placing this order with Ananda and trusting its technical prowess.

Afruja Bari, managing director of the shipyard, and Md Monjurul Islam, lawmaker from Gaibandha-1, were also present.

Ananda Shipyard and Slipways delivered a 2,774 deadweight tonnage fuel replenishing oil tanker to Bangladesh Navy yesterday.

Shipping Minister Shajahan Khan attended the ceremony at Meghnaghat in Narayanganj.

Ananda was awarded the contract for the tanker--BNS Khanjahan Ali--after it qualified technically and financially in a competitive international tender participated by 11 shipyards from Europe and Asia, the shipbuilder said in a statement. “This was the first ever order received by any Bangladeshi shipyard for a special naval vessel through international competitive tender.”

The 80-metre-long tanker can sustain sea state 5 in refuelling operation in a war field and can refuel two war ships simultaneously, keeping all the three ships on the move, according to the statement.

“It can go 24.5km per hour with full load and is equipped with features like unmanned machinery and unrestricted navigation.”

The minister praised the shipbuilding activities of Ananda and mentioned its contribution in making Bangladesh known to the world as a shipbuilding nation.

He also assured them of providing continuous support of his government to develop the sector further.

Abduallhel Bari, chairman of Ananda Shipyard, expressed his gratitude to Bangladesh Navy and the government for placing this order with Ananda and trusting its technical prowess.

Afruja Bari, managing director of the shipyard, and Md Monjurul Islam, lawmaker from Gaibandha-1, were also present.

Photo of this new ship? Thanks in advance

Picture please. Congrats to BD. Waiting for upcoming news when it sayd shipyard have delivered frigates or corvettes.

Picture please. Congrats to BD. Waiting for upcoming news when it sayd shipyard have delivered frigates or corvettes.

Not that far away bro, within the next 5-8 years. First, Khulna is building large patrol boats by the next 2-3 years. Second Khulna will build locally chinese type 56 corvettes within the next 5 years.

Locally developed frigates will need a few years though, the shipbuilding industry is still in its early stages, it will also require the economy to grow.

"According to sources in Dhaka, Bangladesh proposes to purchase two diesel-electric submarines from Russia. Plans are also afoot to procure aircraft for the navy. Bangladesh already uses Russian hardware in the form of Mig-29 fighters and military helicopters. In 2013, Russia allegedly offered a $1.5 billion loan to Bangladesh that would be used to purchase military hardware. The Bangladesh government wants the submarines to join its navy by 2019.

Bangaldesh air force's fleet of eight MiG-29s is due for upgradation. So is its fleet of Russian made Mi-17 helicopters. HAL has maintenance facilities in India for both aircraft as they are used by the IAF as well. India has offered to upgrade and maintain the Mig-29s and helicopters at HAL facilities to bolster ties with Bangladesh." - The times of india

"In a meeting with the prime minister, Dubai Port World responded positively to surveying the possibility of building a deep-sea port at Patuakhali’s Payra". -BDNews24

I also heard somewhere that it's planning on putting a navy base at Pakuakhali Payra. If so than that would be good, because it's central to the bay of bengal and indian ocean.

Back
Top Bottom