What's new

Bangladesh Navy is getting some extra frigates very soon

we are not getting any f22B or korean frigates.... These two will replace two old non guided missile frigates... Thats all for this government.....

That is not entirely true. I have read a news recently in an indian newspaper that Bangladesh is buying two Corvettes and two Frigates from China. So, the frigates are JianghuIII, and still to come the two corvettes... I guess they are talking about the two 600 tonne missile boats BD ordered from china. Still to join BN 5 indegenius 350 tonne missile boats. 1 local made hydrographic survey vessel, 1 local made supply ship.

That is not entirely true. I have read a news recently in an indian newspaper that Bangladesh is buying two Corvettes and two Frigates from China. So, the frigates are JianghuIII, and still to come the two corvettes... I guess they are talking about the two 600 tonne missile boats BD ordered from china. Still to join BN 5 indegenius 350 tonne missile boats. 1 local made hydrographic survey vessel, 1 local made supply ship.
a BIG list of ships :D

we are not getting any f22B or korean frigates.... These two will replace two old non guided missile frigates... Thats all for this government.....

Yeah, but i hope that the next government keeps the modernisation plans and follows through it.

Are you talking about the khulna class patrol vessels?? Are they really fitted with missiles??

Yeah, but i hope that the next government keeps the modernisation plans and follows through it.

Are you talking about the khulna class patrol vessels?? Are they really fitted with missiles??

Yes, they each shall carry upto 4 C-704 SSM with range of upto 35km.

Yes, they each shall carry upto 4 C-704 SSM with range of upto 35km.

Type 53H2 Jianghu III to be transfered to Bangladesh navy

Specification and Refit:

Tonnage : 2000 Full
Crew : 190
Speed : 27 knots

Electronics :
Type 360 radar air/surface search, I-band
Type 517H-1 2D long-range air search, A-band
Type 352 Radar surface search fire-control, I-band
Type 343 fire control radar, G/H-band
2 x Type 341 fire control radar for dual 37 mm AA gun
2 x Racal RM-1290 navigation radars, I-band
SJD-5 medium-frequency sonar
SJC-1B reconnaissance sonar
SJX-4 communications sonar
CTC-1629 combat data system (or Chinese copy ZKJ-3A)
Data link: HN-900 (Chinese equivalent of Link 11A/B, to be upgraded)
Communication: SNTI-240 SATCOM
RWD-8 (Jug Pair) intercept EW suite
Type 9230I radar warning receiver
Type 651A IFF

Armament :
8 x C-802A SSM
8 x FM-90N SAM
2 x PJ33A dual 100 mm gun (modified Type 79A)
4 x Type 76A dual-37 mm AA guns
2 x 5-tube Type 81 ASW rocket launcher (30 rounds)
4 x Type 64 DC projectors
2 x DC racks
2 x Mk-36RBOC 6-barrel decoy rocket launchers

Just curious...is it possible to install C-803 or C-805 instead of C-802 or if possible what are the obstacles? I read that C-803 has a range of 350km and C-805 has 500km, achieving a range of 500km is satisfactory for BD at this moment.

a BIG list of ships :D

Without subs, the main teeth that now BN needs :bad: .

Back
Top Bottom