What's new

Bangladesh Navy is getting some extra frigates very soon

BRO, do you know the status of the Refurbish Turkey’s Subs that BN supposed to get based on BNP era's engagement? That would have been a good start but has Rawamys eaten up the money like Padma Sethu's one?

It was just a proposal. Nothing solid about the Turkish subs.

But what is for certain is that BN will be operating submarines in the future.

I was about to request Zabanya bro to open a thread on different chinese / russian / korean / turkey/ german / british / french / american submarines that fulfill our navy requirements like Armaments and price... And discuss which one is best for our navy.... i have another question... Except 130 bangladesh never bought any american weapon! Why is that?? No frigate no tank no artillary gun. Why is that??

1.Every navy in the region except BN has subs - latest being the Malaysians. BN was already ahead with training of crew, etc for one or two subs to be built in Turkey under a German - S African design with collaboration of S Korea. The crew/technicians had trained long in Turkey. But a sub is an offensive weapon. BAL will not like to offend India by procuring these or J-10 fighters from China.2. All this will change instantly when BAL leaves.

BN should think of getting F-22P light frigates..............they are cheap and do the job!!!:tup:

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

1.Every navy in the region except BN has subs - latest being the Malaysians. BN was already ahead with training of crew, etc for one or two subs to be built in Turkey under a German - S African design with collaboration of S Korea. The crew/technicians had trained long in Turkey. But a sub is an offensive weapon. BAL will not like to offend India by procuring these or J-10 fighters from China.2. All this will change instantly when BAL leaves.

we will be offended by this???..............nice joke!!!:rofl::rofl:..............as long as you guys don't show aggression all your military purchases are ok..........cause we know we will always be the superior navy in the region!!

I was about to request Zabanya bro to open a thread on different chinese / russian / korean / turkey/ german / british / french / american submarines that fulfill our navy requirements like Armaments and price... And discuss which one is best for our navy.... i have another question...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...desh-navys-submarine-procurement-program.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/1391-pakistan-gift-old-submarines-bangladesh-navy.html

Except 130 bangladesh never bought any american weapon! Why is that?? No frigate no tank no artillary gun. Why is that??

Well, we do operate Bell helicopters, Tweets and various light aircraft of US-origin. All of them are non-offensive equipment, including the C-130.

Besides, the C-130s were donated from excess US stock. A very generous gift for our role in the Gulf War.

Our army does operate a few dozen M101 howitzers.
M101 howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, the Do 228s for navy would have American components.

Why we don't historically buy any major American equipment? It's pretty simple. They are very expensive. But that's not the only thing. It is the supplying nation that matters too.

Americans don't just randomly sell stuff to anybody. Only a few select countries for instance operate the F-15 Eagle. It's more like a doctrine for the Americans.

But still generally speaking, they are by far superior to Russian or Chinese systems now. They have the cutting edge of technology and battle proven. We won't find any better.

Although, it might change now or in the future in case we get F-16s or Gripen NGs (which uses an American engine and fires American A2A missiles). Especially in today's difficult economic times in the West.

But getting a good radar and avionics package on the F-16, along with quick access to the AMRAAM missile is going to be a challenge.

The Block 50s would be sporting AESA radar recently (thanks to F-35 delays). Another huge leap for the F-16 along with the F-16V development.
Lockheed Martin to build new F-16 Block 50 variant | StratPost

The Malaysians aren't getting the AMRAAM for quite some time on their F-18 Hornets. They rejected the F-18 Super Hornet in favor of the SU-30MKM partly for that reason. But Malay military officials say that they are still into the SH.

So yes, they are limiting such powerful technology in that region and ours.

It is funny to note that both Pakistan and Thailand already use it. With good links with China. The former being an ally :rofl:

It's not impossible to get the sweet AMRAAM, but it'd be a challenge :agree:

And as far as tanks go....would you really want to ride an M1 Abrams in the marshes of Chittagong? Really? :woot:

934801zs8.jpg

I'd always go for US radar and avionics though or any good Western stuff :smitten:

Also, Asia is going to be America's top priority. Hope we play our cards right.

asad71, your dissemination negates what ZAB has reveled in the previous post. So, who should I believe? For almost 7 yrs. I'VE been in impression that we would start our SUB's venture with Turkey's U-209s and crews have been trained extensively in that regard. Has it stopped completely or put in back burner due to AL being in the power? Please confirm, thanks.

Nice. That was our guess after watching the paint scheme! Now can you provide us any link of myanmar procuring those frigates? Just for confirmation....

Sorry BD suppose to get Type 053H3 not Type 054.

Burmese are getting Type 053

here is Type 053H3

Warship2.jpg

asad71, your dissemination negates what ZAB has reveled in the previous post. So, who should I believe? For almost 7 yrs. I'VE been in impression that we would start our SUB's venture with Turkey's U-209s and crews have been trained extensively in that regard. Has it stopped completely or put in back burner due to AL being in the power? Please confirm, thanks.

I have only said what I am aware of. If we had a govt not so scared of our neighbor, our plans would be different. Thinking as an ally of China, BN should make procurement in keeping with a convergence of interests in the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. Expansions must relate to a Doctrine / Strategy. In our case this must be worked out with PLAAN.

I have only said what I am aware of. If we had a govt not so scared of our neighbor, our plans would be different. Thinking as an ally of China, BN should make procurement in keeping with a convergence of interests in the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. Expansions must relate to a Doctrine / Strategy. In our case this must be worked out with PLAAN.

BD's best bet is to be neutral..Stupid talk like this only show how ignorant u are about global realities.

You want to have a good relation with China.No problem. But if u think, u will be China's lackey and in case of hostilities between India and China, u will be doing China's dirty work, then be sure of One thing- It will not matter to u if India loses the war, because by that time India will beat u to pulp and China even if it wants will not be able to do anything. coz the whole of Bay of bengal will be cordoned by Indian Navy since in both Andaman sea and Indian Ocean IN has a powerful presence.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

BD's best bet is to be neutral..Stupid talk like this only show how ignorant u are about global realities.

You want to have a good relation with China.No problem. But if u think, u will be China's lackey and in case of hostilities between India and China, u will be doing China's dirty work, then be sure of One thing- It will not matter to u if India loses the war, because by that time India will beat u to pulp and China even if it wants will not be able to do anything. coz the whole of Bay of bengal will be cordoned by Indian Navy since in both Andaman sea and Indian Ocean IN has a powerful presence.

Back
Top Bottom