What's new

Bangladesh mission in Colombo attacked

PlanetSoldier

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh mission in Colombo attacked

Thu, Oct 4th, 2012 9:34 pm BdST

Dhaka, Oct 4 (bdnews24.com)—Buddhist monks on Thursday attacked the Bangladesh High Commission in the Sri Lankan capital, Colombo, in a backlash against the hate attack by religious fanatics on Buddhist homes and temples in Cox's Bazaar.

Bangladesh High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Sufiur Rahman confirmed the incident took place around 4:15pm Bangladesh time.

According to him, a group of around 900 protesters , mostly monks, went to the mission to register their protest against the brutalities in Bangladesh in writing. Protesters waiting outside pelted water bottles and brickbats at the embassy windows, breaking a windowpane.

Police rushed to the spot and monks leaders regretted the incident.

Rahman said security has been beefed up around the embassy and his residence.

Protests have been going on at the city over the Bangladesh incident and the embassy received a written statement condemning the attack on Thursday morning, where a minister joined, said Rahman.

Sri Lanka's Colombo Gazette said the protesters including several Buddhist monks took to the streets to vent their anger over the incident in Bangladesh and threw water bottles and brickbats towards the Embassy, damaging windows and other property.

The internet newspaper also reported that their government had prior information that some extremist elements may attempt to create tensions in the city.

On Wednesday, Muslim organisations in Colombo condemned the attack on the Buddhist temples in Bangladesh, said the report.

Sri Lankan The Daily Mirror also carried a series of photos on the Buddhist demonstration.

bdnews24.com/ssz/eh/bd/2120h

Bangladesh mission in Colombo attacked | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Protesters waiting outside pelted water bottles and brickbats at the embassy windows, breaking a windowpane.

I wouldnt really call that an attack. And to be honest they have right to be angry at bangladesh, so far the government has done nothing but blame the opposition instead of helping those affected or setting up an independent inquiry to punish the culprits.

I wouldnt really call that an attack. And to be honest they have right to be angry at bangladesh, so far the government has done nothing but blame the opposition instead of helping those affected or setting up an independent inquiry to punish the culprits.

because you countryman were busy in blaming RAW for that.

Buddhist monks should have invaded inside BD high commission and beaten all officials including high commissioner.

If there are no efforts to serve justice, there gonna be serious problems in the future.

Hell, even those folks are saying that there's a conspiracy going on in the present government. And it logically appears so.

Bangladesh seriously needs to reduce the number of problems it faces. Not make new problems or make present ones bigger. This present government is doing just that.

Immediately blaming the opposition party for this is perhaps the most arrogant, stupid and dangerous move they've ever made.

If there are no efforts to serve justice, there gonna be serious problems in the future.

Hell, even those folks are saying that there's a conspiracy going on in the present government. And it logically appears so.

Bangladesh seriously needs to reduce the number of problems it faces. Not make new problems or make present ones bigger. This present government is doing just that.

Immediately blaming the opposition party for this is perhaps the most arrogant, stupid and dangerous move they've ever made.

How...any idea? Back in 75 the scenario was somewhat like this...problem after problem and the rescue decision was brutal. For me it took long to understand why on the earth people had to do that. Seeing current BAL govt. I came to realize what inspired them to do that on 15th Aug, 75. Is it possible to overcome this chain of problems relentlessly appearing in our life?

How...any idea? Back in 75 the scenario was somewhat like this...problem after problem and the rescue decision was brutal. For me it took long to understand why on the earth people had to do that. Seeing current BAL govt. I came to realize what inspired them to do that on 15th Aug, 75. Is it possible to overcome this chain of problems relentlessly appearing in our life?

People need to take responsibility for history, and act according to what benefits all Bangladeshis for safe, secured, sustainable and a prosperous environment.

Bangladeshi leaders nowadays don't do that.

It's always hard to tell which is the good guy and the bad guy here.

Muslim community hate us. My friends from other muslim countries blame us for not helping Rohingyas. They think we are no more muslim ! Now the Buddhists hate us! We are running straight to a pre planned cul-de-sac! i tell you guys our future is dark!!

Muslim community hate us. My friends from other muslim countries blame us for not helping Rohingyas. They think we are no more muslim ! Now the Buddhists hate us! We are running straight to a pre planned cul-de-sac! i tell you guys our future is dark!!

Well said....and then at the end we'll be barred by wall hence caged. Just look at our current trend...if one is educated and doing a handsome job, that guy has either got a job/immigration to a 1st world country or processing or thinking to start the processing. No one is willing to stay in this hell created by some jerks whereas we belong to a beautiful land.

Nobody hates you, its you who hate yourself.
This is a non event compared to things going on in ME and elsewhere.

BTW you should not be bothered about being hated, if you are convinced that you did nothing wrong. India is not exactly popular among its neighbours. :)

we r matha mota bangalis
sheikh mujib wanted this country of matha mota bangalis
so khushi hoye jao

You have no control on other people's thoughts..They can hate or live you for whatever reason they find appropriate.

we r matha mota bangalis
sheikh mujib wanted this country of matha mota bangalis
so khushi hoye jao
Bangalis are most intelligent ethnic group in sub continent. Not talking about us Bangladeshis, but in pre partition era the whole india used to think Bangalis are intelligent because they eat fish!! Lol . And Mujib was a great guy!

Back
Top Bottom