What's new

Bangladesh Military Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i also doubt that.....infact no chance.....

No chance??? why?
Few days ago our military visited j-10s plant in China with the invitation on chinese defence. Chinese are pushing hard to sell those to BD.

No chance??? why?
Few days ago our military visited j-10s plant in China with the invitation on chinese defence. Chinese are pushing hard to sell those to BD.

i think i said that when someone said you had j10s.....infact are planning to replace them.....i dont think even chinese have a squadron strength of j10b.......also pakistan is inducting jf17s now.......they plan to induct the j10s ultimately,5-6 years from now......btw the j10a is a crap,mig29s are better than those......and j10b-s would take atleast 7-10 years time to reach bd.......so,mig29 is a better option as of now.....thnx

making nuclear bombs in submarines ?? What do you mean,brother?? Kindly elaborate........and i didnt know bd had such technology.......btw ,hush hush,dont want uncle sam in bd......so dont beat your drums bout it......,seen what happenned to iraq??

i dont really know...lol i saw someones post

i think i said that when someone said you had j10s.....infact are planning to replace them.....i dont think even chinese have a squadron strength of j10b.......also pakistan is inducting jf17s now.......they plan to induct the j10s ultimately,5-6 years from now......btw the j10a is a crap,mig29s are better than those......and j10b-s would take atleast 7-10 years time to reach bd.......so,mig29 is a better option as of now.....thnx

We're likely to go for Su-30s along with J-10..

We're likely to go for Su-30s along with J-10..

Currently these equipments are in the process of procuring as far as I know.
1) 3 Frigates.
2) Yangatan MBT.
3) Air defence and missiles.
4) 16 corvettes locally build for Navy.

Will we have enough money left to procure anything for BAF?

I am expecting a 3 dimentional fine defence within next few years.

MY ALLAH MAKE PAKISTAN AND BANGLADESH WORLD'S STRONGEST AUTOMIC POWER COUNTRIES PAK IS BUT I WANT BANGLADESH INSIDE TO:pakistan:

LONG LIVE PAKBANGLA ALLAH HU AKBAR ALLAH HU AKBAR ALLAH HU AKBAR

Our nations live with the faith we got the faith ISLAM that's the faith which we was born with and that's the faith which we are going to die with.. Never be afraid to destroy those who destroy you. But only a non Islamic country Muslims vs Muslims do not sound good. at all!

May Allah save PAKISTAN AND BANGLADESH forever and ever!!!

Last edited:
Bangladesh ordered Type 88 (PLZ-45) Self-Propelled Howitzer.

Type 88 (PLZ-45) Self-Propelled Howitzer

China North Industries Group Corporation (CNGC) developed the PLZ45/Type 88 155mm self-propelled gun-howitzer system in the early 1990s for the export market. The artillery system is armed with a 155mm main gun derived from the Type 89 (PLL01) 155mm/45-calibre towed gun-howitzer, mounted on a newly-developed tracked chassis. China obtained the 155mm/45-calibre howitzer technology from Austria in the 1980s, and developed its own 155mm/45-calibre howitzer.

Armament

Operated by a crew of five, the PLZ45 is armed with a 155mm, 45-calibre main gun, with a semi-automatic loader and an electrically controlled and hydraulically operated rammer that enables projectile loading to take place at any angle of elevation with the charge being loaded manually. The turret has an elevation of +72 to -3 degrees with 360 degree traverse. The PLZ45 is powered by a 520hp turbocharged diesel, giving a max road speed of 40km/h.

Secondary weapons include a roof-mounted W-85 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun and two sets of four-barrel smoke grenade launchers on the turret's side.

Ammunitions are stored at the rear of the turret. A total of 30 rounds for the gun-howitzer and 480 rounds for the machine gun are carried onboard. 24 howitzer rounds are carried in the loader and 6 rounds on the right side below the loader.

The fire-control system of the PLZ45 includes an automatic laying system, optical sighting system, gun orientation and navigation system, and a GPG receiver.

Munitions

The PLZ45 fires a range of Extended Range Full Bore (ERFB) ammunition, including High Explosive (ERFB/HE), Base Bleed High Explosive (ERFB-BB/HE), ERFB-BB/RA, ERFB/WP, ERFB/Illuminating, ERFB/Smoke, and ERFB-BB/Cargo.

China obtained the Russian Krasnopol laser-guided projectile technology in the 1990s, and has successfully developed its own 152/155mm laser-guided ammunitions. Designed to defeat armoured vehicles and weapon emplacements, the projectile has inertial mid-course guidance and semi-active laser homing. The projectile has a range of 3~20km, and can hit a target by the first shot without registration.

Components

A standard PLZ45 battalion consists of 3 batteries, each with 6 PLZ45 self-propelled gun-howitzers (SPGH) and 6 PCZ45 ammunition support vehicles (ASV). Each battery has a battery command post and 3 battery reconnaissance vehicles (BRV), both of which are based on the Type 85 APC. These are supported by W653A armoured recovery vehicles, 704-1 artillery locating and fire correction radar, 702-D meteorological radar, and fire support maintenance vehicles.

Status

The Bangladesh Army has ordered a number of complete PLZ-45 battalions. Deliveries are expected to be complete by 2011.

Artillery units based at Chittagong, Ghatail and Savar cantonments will be equipped with the new self-propelled gun howitzers.

Source:BdMilitary

The guy who run BDmilitary has the characteristics of a 12 yrs old boy. Write lots of unfounded claims and if you do not agree with that you are parmanently banned from that group.

We might get this in the future but surely not now.

The helicopter RAB suppose to buy was cancelled, on the ground of silly reason. The committee found that there were no water/food bag supplied with the helicopter which could be purchased for 1000 taka. Bunch of Morons....

Main reason was that the tender to buy that was not won by the favorable contactor of home minster.

i read someones post saying that bangladesh are making nuclear bombs in submarine is this true can anyone please confirm it

We are just making very basic military rifle T-81 from a technology
transfer from China. We also make some ammo and granade.

thats all.

We are just making very basic military rifle T-81 from a technology
transfer from China. We also make some ammo and granade.

thats all.

u know alot....
u have given me answer for all my post im impressed

bd military is the gayest website on earth coz i signed up but i cant see no pictures or read any artcile coz it say that u r not authorised

This is a news:

Type 96 Main Battle Tank
The Type 96 (ZTZ96) is a second-generation main battle tank (MBT) built in China by NORINCO.

China experimented with a a number of different variants including the Type 85, Type 85-IIM/-IIAP, Type 85-III, Type 90, Type 90-I, Type 90-II and Type 90-IIM before mass producing the Type 96 and the latest Type 96G.

Production of the earlier variants of the Type 96 ceased in 2006 and the tank was superseded by the improved Type 96G that features a new fire-control system and armour package.

Chinese sources estimate that the Type 96G is approaching the Type 99 in terms of all battlefield performance.

Type 96

The Type 96 was based on the Type 85-III design with minor modificaitons. The tank enter batch production and has been equipped by the PLA ground forces.

The hull and turret of the tank are protected by composite armour plating. Wheels and tracks are protected by rubber hull skirts. The turret is surrounded by storage racks, which not only offer extra places for the crew to store their equipment but also provide additional protections against HEAT projectiles. There are six Type 84 smoke grenade launchers on each side of the turret. Additional smoke can be generated by injecting diesel fuel in to the engine's exhaust.

The tank has a conventional layout with a crew of three men. The driving compartment is located at the front; the turret is mounted in the middle and the engine compartment in the rear. The driver is seated left in the hull and forward of the turret and the gunner and tank commander occupy the turret. The tank commander is situated to the right of the main gun and the gunner sits on the left side. The tank commander is also responsible for operating the 12.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun mounted on turret roof of the turret. Tank crew is protected by a over-pressure collective NBC protection and a fully automatic fire/explosion suppression system.

The 41.5t tank is powered by a liquid-cooled 1,000hp diesel engine, providing a power to weight ratio of about 24.1hp/t. The engine can be replaced within 40 minutes in field conditions, and gives the tank a maximum road speed of 65km/h. Suspension is of the conventional torsion bar type and there are six rubber-tyred roadwheels on each side, with the drive sprocket at the rear.

Type 96G

The modified variant ZTZ96G was first revealed in 2006. This variant features arrow-shaped spaced add-on armour modules, which replaced the original vertically faced front armour on the basic variant ZTZ96. Two arrow-shaped spaced add-on armour modules are added to the front of the turret, and explosive reaction armour (ERA) plates are mounted on the front hull and the storage rack on the rear of the turret. The gunner's sight on the ZTZ96G is fitted with a thermal imaging system (TIS).

The export variant of the ZTZ96G also features a passive countermeasures system similar to the Russian Shtora-1, which is mounted on the Russian T-80 and T-90 series and the Ukrainian T-84. The two box-shape on either side of the turret are electro-optical jammers designed to jams the enemy's semiautomatic command to line of sight (SACLOS) antitank guided missiles, laser rangefinders and target designators.

Status

The Bangladesh Army is preparing for the delivery of Type 96 MBTs from China and as such personnel from the Armoured Corps and Engineering Corps have been sent to China to undergo training on operational and maintainance aspects.
Eventually the Type 96 will replace all existing tanks in the Army, while new Type 96 equipped armoured regiments are expected to be raised in various parts of Bangladesh.

Source:Bdmilitary

Well this is a good news.
here is the specifications:

Origin China
Type Main Battle Tank
Weight 41.5 tonnes
Length 10.65 m
Width 3.30 m
Height 2.30 m
Crew 3
Engine Liquid-cooled, turbocharged diesel 1,000 hp
Power/Weight 21 hp/tonne
Suspension Torsion bar, hydraulic dampers
Operational Range
400km (Normal), or 600km (With external fuel tanks)
Speed Road 70km/h
Primary Armament
125mm/48-calibre smoothbore gun (42 rounds) with autoloader and thermal sleeve
Secondary Armament 1 x 2.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun (500 rounds), 1 x 7.62mm coaxial machine gun (2,250 rounds)
Service Bangladesh Army

The guy who run BDmilitary has the characteristics of a 12 yrs old boy. Write lots of unfounded claims and if you do not agree with that you are parmanently banned from that group.

We might get this in the future but surely not now.

I had been there and he surely is not a 12 year boy,believe me.There is no reason to not to believe that we are not getting those artillery pieces.After all they are not Sukhois with a 65 million dollar tag.

If I am not wrong,it is against the rules of :pdf: to discuss about other forums.So I hope everyone would respect the rule.

While I get your point but must point out that no Sukhoi aircraft currently has a $65 million price tag.

This is a news:

The Bangladesh Army is preparing for the delivery of Type 96 MBTs from China and as such personnel from the Armoured Corps and Engineering Corps have been sent to China to undergo training on operational and maintainance aspects.
Eventually the Type 96 will replace all existing tanks in the Army, while new Type 96 equipped armoured regiments are expected to be raised in various parts of Bangladesh.

Source:Bdmilitary

Well this is a good news.
here is the specifications:

Origin China
Type Main Battle Tank
Weight 41.5 tonnes
Length 10.65 m
Width 3.30 m
Height 2.30 m
Crew 3
Engine Liquid-cooled, turbocharged diesel 1,000 hp
Power/Weight 21 hp/tonne
Suspension Torsion bar, hydraulic dampers
Operational Range
400km (Normal), or 600km (With external fuel tanks)
Speed Road 70km/h
Primary Armament
125mm/48-calibre smoothbore gun (42 rounds) with autoloader and thermal sleeve
Secondary Armament 1 x 2.7mm anti-aircraft machine gun (500 rounds), 1 x 7.62mm coaxial machine gun (2,250 rounds)
Service Bangladesh Army

What happend to our Yangatan venture? Are we not getting them?
I guess chinese supply is more reliable than Ukraine though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom