What's new

Bangladesh announces USD 2 million for Pakistan flood victims

EjazR

Reaction score
Bangladesh announces USD 2 million for Pakistan flood victims

Dhaka: Bangladesh on Wednesday announced USD 2 million humanitarian aid for flood relief work in Pakistan which has affected an estimated 20 million people.

"Bangladesh announces this commitment as an expression of solidarity with the people of Pakistan," the foreign office said.

Bangladesh would also send a medical team to Pakistan while relief assistance would include tents, blankets, water purification tablets, mineral waters, life saving drugs and vaccines, oral saline, hygiene kit, biscuits and packed dry food, it said in a statement.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had earlier in a statement expressed her deep sympathy to the Pakistani government and people on this human tragedy.

United Nations' aid coordination body said that more than 650,000 homeless families were still without basic shelter while the floods and torrential rains in some parts of Pakistan have claimed more than 1,600 people.

Bangladesh, formerly the eastern wing of Pakistan, emerged as an independent nation after nine months of Liberation War crucially backed by India in 1971.

Dhaka-Islamabad relations still remained sensitive as issues like sharing of assets and repatriation of thousands of Urdu-speaking stranded Pakistanis are yet to be settled.

It is a big sum for a small country like BD. We must cooperate on natural disasters. I think Pakistan should send a team of scientists and doctors to permanently be stationed in BD to study their monsoon cycle and find ways of preventing damage.

It is a big sum for a small country like BD. We must cooperate on natural disasters. I think Pakistan should send a team of scientists and doctors to permanently be stationed in BD to study their monsoon cycle and find ways of preventing damage.

The country may be small, but the amount is not big for it.
BD is going great economically, I can see lots of BD products in stores in N.America.

Bangladesh announces aid US$ 2 million for Pakistan flood victims

News - Bangladesh announces aid US$ 2 million for Pakistan flood victims
Dhaka, Aug 18 (UNB) - Bangladesh government has decided to extend relief assistance and humanitarian aid to Pakistan for its flood victims.

Bangladesh’s relief assistance to Pakistan worth US$ 2 million would include tent, blanket, water purification tablets, mineral water, life saving medicine, vaccine, oral saline, hygiene kit, biscuit,
packed dry food etc. Bangladesh will also send a medical team, said a release.

Bangladesh announces this commitment as an expression of solidarity with the people of Pakistan.

The recent floods and torrential rains in some parts of Pakistan have claimed more than 1,600 people, marooned another million and caused huge devastation.

Earlier, in a condolence message addressed to the Pakistani counterpart, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina expressed her deep sympathy to the government and the people of Pakistan on this human tragedy.

UNBconnect... - Bangladesh announces aid US$ 2 million for Pakistan flood victims

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they will also send teams from BAF and medical teams from Army.
We should have been quicker to announce the aid.Anyways,better late than never.

We must cooperate on natural disasters???:rofl:

I think we should have given more and sooner to our Pakistani brethren, but like leonblack08 said, better late than never. :D

It would be good if we start a SAARC disaster and emergency management authority to tackle natural disasters in SAARC region. We have areas affected by earthquakes floods and tsunamis and if the frequency of these are anything to go by, they are only increasing.

The amount is too damn little. Bd economy is much better shape. The amount should have been 5 million. Hell we have donated 1 million to USA aftermath of Katrina. :undecided:
Although the amount is stingy but we have to remember is that it is Awami league in power. ;)

EraZ said:
It would be good if we start a SAARC disaster and emergency management authority to tackle natural disasters in SAARC region. We have areas affected by earthquakes floods and tsunamis and if the frequency of these are anything to go by, they are only increasing.

Agree!!! Natural disaster become regular phenomena in SA now a days so we shall cooperate higher level to minimize the destruction. :tup:

into the wild said:
We must cooperate on natural disasters??? :rofl:

I guess your family is safe and sound. You are heartless person. Lovely hood of millions in jeopardy yet you are finding humor in unexpected place. What is the matter with you? :tdown:

good to hear that.. i think we must have one dedicated thread for all the donations?

Thanks Bangladesh!

This is great at least BD donated something thanks a lot for ur help

Some of our so called best friends still thinking:undecided:as if they r waiting 4 U.S dollar rate to go up :hitwall:

The amount is too damn little. Bd economy is much better shape. The amount should have been 5 million. Hell we have donated 1 million to USA aftermath of Katrina. :undecided:
Although the amount is stingy but we have to remember is that it is Awami league in power. ;)

Amount may be small but it is the gesture which BD government has given and we are thankful for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom