What's new

Ban on ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ screening in Pakistan upsets Momal

banvanaxl

Reaction score
Country
India

Ban-on-%E2%80%98Happy-Bhag-Jayegi%E2%80%99-screening-in-Pakistan-upsets-Momal.jpg

Momal Sheikh’s Bollywood debut Happy Bhag Jayegi, has been held from being released in Pakistan by the censor board.

The ban was imposed due to a scene which shows a portrait of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, reports Hindustan Times.

The producer of the film, Anand L Rai, said that the censor board had initially approved the film but had asked them to make some changes.

“The censor board of Pakistan saw the film and they loved it. They wanted us to cut a minor part of the film. We agreed to it. Initially, I was told that the film is clean,” he said.

The film was later barred from screening across the country.

“At present, we can’t say anything about not releasing the film,” says a source in the censor board. “There are some restrictions in everything and we must work within them. Right now we are also awaiting a decision.”

Momal Sheikh while talking to the media said, “A decision is still pending, so I’m just waiting for their response. It was a big day for me with a lot of mixed feelings; I’m excited yet nervous as it is my [Bollywood] debut film. I usually don’t complain nor do I [harbour] any negative [feelings] but this incident has really upset me.”

Momal added that she doesn’t think there were any objectionable elements in the film.

“I’ve yet to watch the whole movie myself, so I’m personally not even aware of half of the scenes,” says Momal, “but from what I’ve seen and gathered, they have definitely shown a positive side of Pakistan, where they are working on helping Indian women.”

Comparing the situation to Bollywood, Anand said, “In Bollywood, we have made a film on Gandhiji — Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006). But we never faced any backlash. As filmmakers, we are allowed to have our own voice.”

The producer went on to say that the board also “had issues with the policeman’s character in the film (played by Piyush Mishra)” for which they were not provided with the reason.

Momal plays the role of Zoya, a strong-willed girl who is an entrepreneur of a fashion house. The film also stars her father Javed Sheikh and Bollywood actors Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Jimmy Shergil and Ali Fazal.

Well i am upset over Maalik ban not a movie where they mocked our Quiad

In my entire life I never heard any Pakistani national anthem in bollywood movies.. for the first time I have heard the Pakistani National Anthem in Happy Bhag Jayegi.

Pakistan should ban each and every movie produced by Bollywood, Since Pakistani viewers are being inclined to Indian subcontinents culture.....
BUT since pakistan has different cultures than in Indian subcontinent and is more closer to Turkey, Arab and America... Pakistanis should watch more and more turkey originated programs, Arabian dubsmashes and Hollywood movies... As they share more cultural ties and customs with them....

Ban-on-%E2%80%98Happy-Bhag-Jayegi%E2%80%99-screening-in-Pakistan-upsets-Momal.jpg

Momal Sheikh’s Bollywood debut Happy Bhag Jayegi, has been held from being released in Pakistan by the censor board.

The ban was imposed due to a scene which shows a portrait of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, reports Hindustan Times.

The producer of the film, Anand L Rai, said that the censor board had initially approved the film but had asked them to make some changes.

“The censor board of Pakistan saw the film and they loved it. They wanted us to cut a minor part of the film. We agreed to it. Initially, I was told that the film is clean,” he said.

The film was later barred from screening across the country.

“At present, we can’t say anything about not releasing the film,” says a source in the censor board. “There are some restrictions in everything and we must work within them. Right now we are also awaiting a decision.”

Momal Sheikh while talking to the media said, “A decision is still pending, so I’m just waiting for their response. It was a big day for me with a lot of mixed feelings; I’m excited yet nervous as it is my [Bollywood] debut film. I usually don’t complain nor do I [harbour] any negative [feelings] but this incident has really upset me.”

Momal added that she doesn’t think there were any objectionable elements in the film.

“I’ve yet to watch the whole movie myself, so I’m personally not even aware of half of the scenes,” says Momal, “but from what I’ve seen and gathered, they have definitely shown a positive side of Pakistan, where they are working on helping Indian women.”

Comparing the situation to Bollywood, Anand said, “In Bollywood, we have made a film on Gandhiji — Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006). But we never faced any backlash. As filmmakers, we are allowed to have our own voice.”

The producer went on to say that the board also “had issues with the policeman’s character in the film (played by Piyush Mishra)” for which they were not provided with the reason.

Momal plays the role of Zoya, a strong-willed girl who is an entrepreneur of a fashion house. The film also stars her father Javed Sheikh and Bollywood actors Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Jimmy Shergil and Ali Fazal.
Indian film makesr now careless about censor board. Now, they audience on otherside of border........hahahhahahah

Pakistan should ban each and every movie produced by Bollywood, Since Pakistani viewers are being inclined to Indian subcontinents culture.....
BUT since pakistan has different cultures than in Indian subcontinent and is more closer to Turkey, Arab and America... Pakistanis should watch more and more turkey originated programs, Arabian dubsmashes and Hollywood movies... As they share more cultural ties and customs with them....

you didn't mention Chinese, Japanese, Somalian,Spanish, Nigerian, yes we are more closer to them and would prefer all over bharti stuff..

#BanBollywood

lets be honest here,,,film agar release ho gayi toh hit jayegi Pakistan me :P

I don't watch Indian movies but a large section of Pakistani population love Indian movies, banning won't help because people would just watch it illegally.

Dont care but anti Pakistan stuff shpuld not be allowed legally

I agree but I'm surprised how many dumb Pakistanis still watch Bollywood. If they want to watch it they will watch it illegally.

Back
Top Bottom